PDA

View Full Version : Speed up ur connection

CrAzYbOnEs
March 5th, 2003, 06:29 PM
hey guys does anyone know of a good program i can download that will speed up my everyday downloads. like say i want to download a song but thres only a limited amount of em and the one i find downloads slow is there any program that can help speed up the process? hit me up with a response please.
thanks,
crazy:eek:

Maximus
March 6th, 2003, 02:10 AM
what operating system are you using?

BigOne
March 6th, 2003, 10:32 AM
i got xp if anyone wants to help me out w/ that i didn't know they made programs that did that

CrAzYbOnEs
March 6th, 2003, 01:27 PM
i got windows ME if u could help me out please do .

[lag]DarkCuban
March 6th, 2003, 04:51 PM
If you have a broadband connection you can download a registry hack from www.dslreports.com .

They are hard to find on that site, but they are there.

Reign
March 6th, 2003, 06:16 PM
you can get rid of windows ME and it would help

CrAzYbOnEs
March 6th, 2003, 06:29 PM
lol whys that i like it so far i havent had alot of problems with it :laugh: only a few glitches , sometimes i want to beat the mess out of it because i got some occasional errors pop up for no reason or occasional freezing which can be irritating. well thanks for the help .peace

Maximus
March 7th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Here's a registry entry that boosted the crap outta my connection...It's for WINDOWS XP ONLY though, and I'm not takin any heat from those that use this registry and it screws up their machine...Just double click on it, and it does the rest...

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 7th, 2003, 05:54 PM
is that broadband connection only too...or will it work for dialup connections as well?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 7th, 2003, 06:01 PM
You wouldn't see the diff mav, not on 56K...that's one of my MANY reg h4x I've used...It won't hurt if you wanna try it

Maximus
March 8th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Broadband only I'm afrain Mav my friend...

miller
March 9th, 2003, 04:11 PM
actually if you do try it and dont write down the default numbers for the in and out and rate etc you will actually ping worse because your computer will drop packets. The rate you have in the registery should set themselves with win XP.. or so ive been told (M.e. is teh worst os in the world in my opinion.. -> anyone who names an os after a personal pronoun sucks.. aka Microshizt)

miller
March 9th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Any Windows based OS can use the following link to get info.

Click here to max out your connection (http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks)

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY FOR WIN 98 / ME

This page has a very decent walk thru on how to change the things you need to change to maximize your IC thru the registery.

when on the page if you look near teh top you will see "Jump to topic:" Select Registery101, and click "Show".. this shows nubs how to navigate the reg and add / modify reg enteries.

Have fun and BE CAREFUL!
Your computers Registery is is its way of keeping up with operating system functions, program directories and other os/software info.. if any of this information is deleted or incorrectly modified, on purpose or accident it is FATAL TO YOUR OS AND YOU STAND TO LOOSE EVERYTHING)

once again BE CAREFUL!!

Maximus
March 11th, 2003, 01:26 AM
The default rates in Win XP are not designed for gaming and stuff like that. THAT'S why I gave out this registry setting, and no, XP doesn't adjust itself, and even if it did, do you really trust MicroShaft that they'll offer the BEST RATES FOR YOU??? Come on man, common sense...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==