PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the colt

roXet
March 5th, 2003, 11:53 AM
I may be killed for commiting an act of blatent cs heresy, but am I the only one who doesn't like to use the colt? I never really liked it when I used to play, and I still don't like it now. Well back when I first started playing CS, when you couldn't take the silencer off and it had a scope a la the aug, the colt pwned. But now when I'm a CT and I have to go with the colt because I can't afford and aug and the kevlar helmet combo, I find myself wishing for an AK.

There is a strong likelihood that this is because I don't know how to use it correctly. I never said I was any good at this game. =)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 5th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Let me understand this??? You can handle a AK better than a Colt??? How the hell is that? ONly diff really is you need another one or two hits to get the kill with the colt. The Colt is WAY more forgiving than the AK so just fire larger groups. 4 round bursts will get it done most of the time. I'll go your Aug vs my Colt on 16fighter anyday. I'm not that great with it either...Bighead will straight own you with the M4.

Scott

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
March 5th, 2003, 12:16 PM
I know a lot of people that are much better with a Colt than an AK, I don't know how, but they just are. Maybe it's cuz the rate of fire on an AK is faster.

roXet
March 5th, 2003, 12:23 PM
when the fight gets in close is where I suffer. If I know it will be close quarters I will usually go for a p90, or possibly the elites if I'm feeling in a chow yung fat kind of mood.

My problem with the colt may be that with what I seem to see as lower recoil, I tend to go full auto. But with the ak, aug or sig I am forced to fire in bursts, like a good little CSer should do.

I need to find me a clan, so I can work in a structured practice session and get someone to teach me the finer points of the game. =)

Tommy
March 5th, 2003, 03:58 PM
AK over colt anyday, but if the colt is the only option....aim high....

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 5th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Aim high? Are you in the Air Force? ALl I know is with the AK, 2-3 round bursts...you go rocking and rolling with that thing...you won't hit anything.

Key to Colt...aim center mass and do a 4-5 round burst.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 5th, 2003, 05:02 PM
I love me some AK, will drop almost any other weapon to pick one up. I'm pretty acurate at mid distance on full auto too.

however, I've noticed ak won't hit anywhere near crosshairs if you are running or straffing (specially straffing) and the colt is still fairly accurate while moving. for that reason, when I'm mostly defending I will use an AK, when I know I will be moving/rushing most of the time I try to get colt.

I never use the silencer unless I need stealth. always aim at shoulders/neck area so the 2nd and 3rd rounds are in the skull.

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 5th, 2003, 05:25 PM
aim?!? WTH is that? when did that start? how come no one sent me the memo? OMG H4X!
Its SPRAY and PRAY all the way for me...w00t
(but I do like the colt better than the ak, although I do about the same with either gun.)

totalrecon
March 5th, 2003, 07:02 PM
My personal opinion is the AK is much better.....I am way more accurate with an AK then a COLT......I think a COLT is a good gun but the AK will tear the guts outta someone in a heartbeat......AK RULES FOREVER....even though its osama binladens gun LOL......HAHAHAHAHAHA o well i still think its the best around.

Omega_Prime
March 6th, 2003, 08:17 AM
colt, ak dont matter to me, hand me either or and your dead 90% of the time, when im on that is.

Death-Speak
March 6th, 2003, 08:50 AM
I suck equally hard with both!

Really for spary-N-pray (which I live and die by) the colt is better, but my ak spray kills are usually closer in, where the colt gives you a tighter group farther away when you spray like a mad man. Hell who aims anymore anyways....

[lag]DarkCuban
March 6th, 2003, 04:59 PM
The colt is my right hand. I can also use the AK well.

Silencer on is more accurate at a distance, but less power.

Silencer off is more powerful, but less accurate at a distance.

-FA- ManiacalClown
March 6th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I always use the supressor on the colt. I like the sound. :o

miller
March 7th, 2003, 04:59 PM
7 out of 10 League professional players will swear by the AK. It does more damage, Kills with one bullet to the head (the colt only gets them to 17 - 13 hp) and close up you cant touch an ak with anything but a nub stick or deagle/usp to the face. And Long range the ak is so FREAKIN accurate with 2 shot bursts its just retarded. Colt is totally nub cause corona and "worst n00b ever" both use it like mad :p (ak -easily arguablally the best weapon in the game)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 7th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Its definately for skilled/calm players. I used to hate it but in the last 6 months Ive learned to control it much better. It takes alot of patience to get good with it. Wyatt Earp once said being a good gun fighter means taking your time in a hurry...

Scott

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==