PDA

View Full Version : Concert Feburary 27th 8pm

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 25th, 2003, 11:14 PM
This would mostly be of use to the SC guys, but the concert band I play trombone in is holding our Winter Concert tomorrow night, the 27th at McNair Auditorium at Francis Marion Univeristy. We have a very special guest artist for this concert, Mike Vax. He has worked with many great Jazz names, and was lead trumpet with Stan Kenton for many years. I'd love to see some of you drop by, and it's going to be a great show. Here's a link for more information BTW, Henry Isgett plays trombone with me in this group FYI, so you already know at least 2 people in the band, so get your butt's down there tomorow night!

Concert Info (http://www.fmarion.edu/famc/muic10.htm)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 26th, 2003, 05:29 PM
bump

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 27th, 2003, 09:29 AM
bump bump

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 27th, 2003, 10:51 AM
to the left to the left

to the right to the right

errrr

Cypher
February 27th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_MadMAX
BTW, Henry Isgett plays trombone with me in this group

Aha, that explains why Henry has the poster on his cube wall...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 27th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Yep...

LA_MERC_Maverick
February 27th, 2003, 12:03 PM
yeah, my bro's a nub

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 27th, 2003, 04:13 PM
bump bump bump, it's getting close to showtime, and I KNOW at least one of you nub's can miss an hour and a half of CS to come here a couple of buddys in a concert...

8PM McNair Aud...in case you don't know, turn into FMU Gate 3, go into the lot on your right, and McNair is the building right in front of you...

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 27th, 2003, 08:14 PM
gl man I hope you do well!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 27th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Wen't great...The high point of the evening was having dinner w/ mike after the show. He is TRULY a jazz LEGEND! I don't know if any of you guys are jazz fans, but I've always loved Kenton, and he was Stan Kenton's lead trumpet player for many years. He absolutely blew me away in tuesdays rehersal and tonights concert. I play trombone in the band, but am an accomplished trumpet player as well and needless to say he is awesome. I learned alot from him at dinner...we had some great conversations (and Jack Daniels...w00t!)

If any of you guys made it, sorry you missed it, it was a great show. I didn't see anybody so I'm assuming noone made it. Mike is a truly great guy...I'm glad I got to spend time with him. It ranks up there with my day with Slide Hampton last year, and my 2 days with Urbie Green and Bill Watrous back in high school.

W00t!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==