PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Sync Geforce4

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 25th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Any know got to turn off/on vertical sync on the geforce 4 mx 420 card? Looking everywhere and can not find. Stupid 60 fps max hax..

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 25th, 2003, 08:52 PM
right click your wallpaper and go to properties then settings turn vsync off it's on one of the settings tabs I think

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 25th, 2003, 08:54 PM
From Nvidia "You may optimize the performance of your graphics card by changing the Direct 3D and OpenGL settings of your NVIDIA display drivers. These settings are available by right-clicking your mouse over the desktop -> select "Properties" -> click on the "Settings" tab -> click on the "Advanced" button and then select the tab which has the name of your graphics card. Once you are in this tab, click on the "Additional Properties" button. You will see several tabs including a Direct 3D and OpenGL tab"

thats a big NEG. Biggie and I tried looking for another setting, there just isn't one. I have read other post that people can not find but not an answer. Must be a way to un-cap the 60 fps =(

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 25th, 2003, 09:10 PM
doh I checked afer answering and ounf mine much the same way you described from nvidia...

I think Jay did it!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 25th, 2003, 10:54 PM
Hey brandon, what kind of probs were you having w/ biggies 8500 again? I can't remember, but all of a sudden on some maps i get wierd lag with vsync on, so I had to turn it off, BUT the tearing isn't as bad on mine as it was w/ you on biggies...

Tommy
February 26th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Turning off vSync makes a huge preformance difference but will not "uncap" you fps. To get over 50 go into you c:\Serria\Counter Strike\cstrike folder and open the config.cfg file, under where it lists all of your binded keys it will say something like "max fps = 60" Change that to 100 or 101 (some servers ban fps=101). Also in the game drop down console and type "max_fps 100". You may have to do it more than once to get it to work (dont ask why) but that is the only way i know to do it.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 26th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Yeah, i get a steady 100fps, but I always liked Vsync for image quality, but for some strange reason, it started lagging w/ it on on some maps. I hadn't been running w/ it on for that long though, so it may have just been the first time i'd loaded those maps w/ it on, so eob, which maps was it, and i'll know if we had the same prob...

bighead
February 26th, 2003, 12:49 AM
his config file is already edited for 100fps tommy but thx for the info. I dunno how to turn it off on his card..i've searched all in properties and i don't see it anywhere.

Captain
February 26th, 2003, 02:05 AM
u got a card like mine lmao HAHAHHAHAHHA glad to know im not alone

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 26th, 2003, 05:27 AM
VSync on my card...

Timbo
February 26th, 2003, 05:57 AM
OK Guys You need to get the ATI9700 card...for you guys to kill me if you have a Nvidia ...... ok J/K yes i'm geting 100fps this card work so good I use to have geforce 4 ti4600. But got me a ati 9700. :)

SnAkEbItE
February 26th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Well I had a GFORCE 4200 and I was getting 100 fps but, when my system decided to revolt against me it went bye bye.

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
February 26th, 2003, 08:43 AM
If you have an older driver, right click desktop and go into properties.
Go into settings then advanced.
Click on your card tab, and click on additional properties.
Click on OpenGl tab, you'll see the Vertical Sync field, change it to Always off or Off by default.
If you have an updated driver like LaTech you'll get the pop-up window.

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 26th, 2003, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I meant to say that you would need to update to the newest drivers to get that window. Thanks Korrupted!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 26th, 2003, 09:46 AM
it should look like what Tech posted. if not, for some reason, you can download a 3rd party tweak proggy like Rivatuner and use it to change the Vsync.

but so long as it's a constant 60 fps, you probably wont notice any diff at all between 60 and 99 fps. if you're having problems with your fps dropping well below 60 sometimes, turning off vsync isn't going to help you.

bighead
February 26th, 2003, 10:42 AM
LOL guys trust me..it's not there. I have a ti4600 and my menu looks just like techs but his on the other hand does not have those options. E0b maybe you need to post a screenshot of what your options look like for them.

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 26th, 2003, 10:49 AM
maybe e0b can use his d-l33t drawing skillz to put the option on there!

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
February 26th, 2003, 10:51 AM
yea i know someone who has the same prob with 4600, they don't get that OPENGL folder. hmm can u use an older driver or is that the only driver that card comes with?

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 26th, 2003, 02:43 PM
so have you tried a 3rd party proggy like rivatuner?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=737

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 26th, 2003, 04:25 PM
..w00t i have found it ;) nvhardpage is a tweak for geforce 4 mx cards that do not have the ogl options like most of them do =) Instrustions pretty easy, and u can turn ur vsync off.. w00t!
http://www.guru3d.com/nvhardpage/ thnx guys for your help! Thanx u biggie too ;)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==