PDA

View Full Version : Realisitic view of Valentine's Day :D

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 14th, 2003, 07:44 AM
I found this pearl of wisdom in David Frum's daily column. I like the way he thinks. Happy Valentine's day everyone.

"St. Valentine’s Day

I’ve never liked the Valentine’s Day holiday. Our culture celebrates romantic love morning, noon, and night 364 days a year – and then sets aside one special day every February to really rub the lovelesses’ noses in it. Not so nice. So: if you are lucky enough to have a sweetheart, of course you must kiss her (or him) today. But if you want to do a good deed, give a thought to the many lonely people around you: the divorced, the widowed, the unlucky – and maybe, if you have a spare dollar or two, you might want to send a small anonymous bouquet to one of them. Oh – and send it to the office, where everybody can see."

Cypher
February 14th, 2003, 08:30 AM
doh... yeah, he nailed it with that one...

SoBe
February 14th, 2003, 09:32 AM
well, some of us have a loved one to share this day with, but they are far away. so to tell the truth, this is a bad day for lover's too. cause if i see one more person with roses,balloons,teddy bears or candy, i'm going to kill someone. after 3 years with matt, i have YET to get to spend one Valentine's Day with him.

Cypher
February 14th, 2003, 10:10 AM
we should take up arms and kill every happy couple and rose/balloon/teddy bear/candy/sex recipient we see today. (Note, sobe: this would exclude you and corona... and other couples separated by miles, circumstance, etc)

SnAkEbItE
February 14th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Nahh here's the real deal with V-Day...

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 02:51 PM
LOL SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur the man !!! lol NOW THATS THE FUNNIEST THING YOUVE POSTED FORGET THE FART THING THIS OWNS!!!! lol good one. i still dont know where the heck u find this stuff its amazing. lol good one i cant stop thinkin bout it now. lol i actually agree with drige on this one.

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 14th, 2003, 02:53 PM
hehehe Crazy FYI David Frum is an editor for the National Review. :stick

Matrix
February 14th, 2003, 03:03 PM
HAHAHAHA.... u all are funny!!!! :laugh:
:matrix

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 03:17 PM
lol dirge u always got something factual to say LOOSEN UP!!!! its not all about the facts! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blue: :d: :cool:

SnAkEbItE
February 14th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Like I have said I just get them in my email and I allways find a way to use them...

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 03:36 PM
yeh its just amazing what people can find on the internet these days and send it to others. i mean whats the world coming to??????? ITS ALL MADDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blue: :d: :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad:

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 14th, 2003, 03:54 PM
That wasn't a factual item crazy. It was a tongue in cheek reference to your saying the national review website was crap in that other thread, you b00n. lol

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 03:57 PM
but this one is about valentines day not about the president of the united states. :blue: plus in this one he has a point the other was crap

Reign
February 14th, 2003, 04:24 PM
its not a holiday its an excuse to make our already oversized population even bigger........

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 14th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Valentines day is crp. Just another day for someone to find something wrong with whatever you did, or didn't, get them. I say ...let's boycott Valentines Day.
Heck, it's just another way for card, candy and flower companies to make more money. Why give them that pleasure?

Reign
February 14th, 2003, 05:57 PM
because you're missing the BIG point the only people that care about this holiday are girls..seriously whens the last time you saw a guy run around to his buds and go oh valentines day is in a few days i can't wait la la la i'm so happy...i've never seen it and if you have you need to slap the crap outta them..

SnAkEbItE
February 14th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Hey I personaly loved being able to spoil my wife tonight, nice dinner, nice bottle of whine, strawberries and she went to bed.
Me I'm here posting, she had to work a 12 hr. shift so she sleepy and the whine just relaxed to the point of zzzzzzzzzzz........

Reign
February 14th, 2003, 09:46 PM
you wasted all that effort and you got her leaving you for sleep time...LMAO

Cypher
February 14th, 2003, 10:04 PM
LOL... sorry you didnt get past the strawberries tonight... (what is that, like somewhere between 2nd and 3rd base or something? oh nevermind) But if it makes you feel any better, its way farther than I got today... the only thing I got for Valentines day was an exam in my computer architecture class... but I treated myself to lots of video games tonight. :rolleyes:

video games != sex
sex > video games
Cypher.sex = false

SnAkEbItE
February 14th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Well tommarow night is the real deal tonight was for us but what I have planned tomarrow night will totaly blow her away no sleep then I bet you....

Cypher
February 15th, 2003, 07:32 PM
lol... yeah, thanks man... really wanted to hear that. :rolleyes:

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 15th, 2003, 08:22 PM
lol

SnAkEbItE
February 16th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Well your welcome and I had a wonderful time...Limo, Champane, Strawberries, Great Food, Great Music from the 80's and great company with some good friends..

CrAzYbOnEs
February 16th, 2003, 06:34 PM
hmmmm so no boom boom room last night ???? lol dont tell us i dont want to have to picture that in my mind!@!!!!:eek:

SnAkEbItE
February 16th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Well first off a gentleman never tells...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==