PDA

View Full Version : speed test

Disorder
February 14th, 2003, 02:17 AM
i got my new tires today. well 2 of them really but thats enough for the front. me and a friend of mine decided to see just how fast i could go. i got to 130 before the road started twisting and let me tell you, it looks like you can take it pretty fast cruzing at 60 but at 130 it was like holy mother of allah and I had to shut it down. it was still pulling pretty hard im almost sure i could break 140 without my friends tubby self in there.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
February 14th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Well man thats pretty good. But this is the way I look at it. You may can drive your car that fast, but how many people on the road are going to see that you are going that fast and not pull out in front of you. Then what will you do? You lock it up at that speed and you are through. Even if you are out in the country roads, you still have wildlife that will walk right out in front of you and at that speed you have very little margin for error. I chased a guy one day down a winding country road at about 100 mph. After he almost took out another vehicle I started slacking out of it simply because it was putting other people on the road in to much danger. He was not smart enough to slow down and almost lost his life in the crash. Thank goodness he did not hit another vehicle, he missed a curve and totaled out the vehicle. I am not tring to preach to you or tell you what to do. Just tring to make you aware of some of the dangers of going that speed. I don't like going that fast even when I have to.

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 04:25 AM
what was ur time??? or did u not time yourself . are u driving that one car u showed me? the eclipse or wahetver

Reign
February 14th, 2003, 05:35 AM
he said he just wanted to see how fast he could go and how the tires would perform, not i'm timing myself, and besides that what kinda of an idiot would run 1/4 or actual timed speed test on a country/dirt road...

Disorder
February 14th, 2003, 02:30 PM
yes it was the eclipse, no i didnt time it. i have a gtech but i cant calibrate it right cause i dont have weigh station here and none of the roads are flat. the one time i did run it, it was in the 14's but that was before any of the intake/intercooler stuff and the road started flat went down then up so i dont know how accurate that is. yeah i know its dangerous and stupid but its the only thing i have left that i can get a rush off of out here. i try to keep it "safe" like doing it at 2am on a wed in the middle of nowhere. the road was a 4 lane highway like thing but noone ever uses it cause it goes way out into the sticks so i went out there.

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 02:35 PM
u ran 14s stock or what did u have done to the car i mean 14s is ok for a stock eclipse. your tellin me u guys dont have a highway thats solid road that u can drag on if not thats straight up country crap. i mean florida is pretty dang hilly and we got plenty of places to race .

Disorder
February 14th, 2003, 02:41 PM
the 14's were from the exhaust change. stock they run high 14's low 15's depending on who tested it. there are no flat roads that stay flat(as in no up down side side paint the fence thing) to get a good 1/4 mile around here. there is a track but i can never go because they only have it open to everyone on one day of the week and im always working when they do it.

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 03:21 PM
fool u need to say what the heck i quit!!!!! and go to the races. going to the races is the funnest part of my week every friday we go up to the track thats liek 2 hours away but its worth it!!! i still need to take some picture :( :( so camera someone send me one of theirs!!!! i will run mid 10s and probably mid 9s with slicks!!! only if the dang things werent illegal!!

Disorder
February 14th, 2003, 03:35 PM
you are retarded. i just said i cant go to the track because i work all the time when it is open to the public. you cant quit the army. also, you talked all this crap and you still havent posted any timeslips, mod lists, anything. you saw a picture of a gst and said oh its slow. then you saw a picture of a 4G63 with a bunch of stuff done to it and said it was crap. if you were runnign 9's like you say you can then youd have some knowledge of what turbo'd cars are capable of and wouldnt say stupid crap like that. now regardless of if you post pics or anything you will still look like a fool for not knowing what the hell you are talking about.

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 03:51 PM
lol dude why u gettin all defensive about it ...i was saying it in a friendly way. and i had no clue u were in the army also , once again im not up to date with all the la merc stuff that goes on. im just saying u should find a way to get a day off and go to the track and have some fun. aight aight ill let the truth out teh reason im so defensive about my car is cause of ive beat so many out there.
i got a :
351 winsor motor
about everything in my car is custom ,
msd kit
nittos
racing springs
new struts
flowmaster
long tub headers
b&m shifter (1,2,3 gone.....)
plenty more other mods im just not in teh mood to list em.
hopin to get nos soon then id be able to hang with most all cars in florida theres still some that can beat me. ugh i raced this fast mirage the other day gess that thing was quick!

CrAzYbOnEs
February 14th, 2003, 04:42 PM
aight disorder i apologize if i said anything that hurt u, but i wasnt intended to hurt you just more like in a friendly way. i mean no disrespect to ur job i got a brother in the marines and hes facing war time soon so i can relate to u, just dont take me as a bad guy or anything aight man peace.

MRBIG85
February 15th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Hey CRAZYBONES Unless you got that 351 is attached to a fiberglass chassis there ain't no way you are running 10's in the 1/4 mile with the mods you have posted. Now if you have some othere mods you have not listed that prove me wrong then I am sorry for questioning you and I say "Top of the morning to ya":D :d: now there was a 89 chevy s-10 drag truck that came in to work with that other day with a 400 smallblock chevy under the hood with headers, dome top pistons, aggressive cam, ported and polishedheads and a eddebrok intake mannifold and it ran high high 10's. I am sorry I just have a hard time seeing how that is possible. sorry I am not wanting to stir up Stuff but that is just what I think

CrAzYbOnEs
February 15th, 2003, 06:27 PM
yeh man i got other stuff done to it . as of now i went to the track last night and my car was running like balls i think i ran 11.5 , my car just doesnt like the weather. i feel alot less power coming out of it, it was cool as hell i was coming home from work last night and there was this red viper, looked bad as hell i hit up a u turn and went after him we got at a red light together. he had nitrus sticker on the back on the window but i was still wanting to see how he ran , we hit it up a little bit but a cop pulled out and we got out if it. u got to watch out for the po po's there always wathcing :eek: . but if i can afford some nos and get the time to put it in then im for sure ill get back into the 10s. i just might find myself into a total different planet when the thing blows up on me.

Allforone
February 16th, 2003, 11:14 AM
im glad i dont have a bad ass car all fixed up to kill myself with ;)

}{y|3ri|)
February 16th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Allforone
im glad i dont have a bad ass car all fixed up to kill myself with ;)

w0r3d! thats why i only bought a v6

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==