PDA

View Full Version : one step closer to heaven

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 5th, 2003, 01:03 PM
W00t Looks like it's almost a reality! Hooters Air Flying out of Myrtle Beach, SC, partnered with Delta which flies to Monroe.... Direct LA_MERC connection! w00t!!!!

Hooters Air Takes Off
Hooters of America, Inc. announced that Hooters Air has taken a very important step toward launching its new charter air service. At 11:00 AM this morning, a freshly painted Boeing 737, Hooters Air One, rolled out of a hanger at Delta TechOps Center in Atlanta. The plane features an orange and white paint scheme, Hooters Air graphics and a large owl on the tail, from the famous Hooters Restaurant chain. The plane will be flown to Winston-Salem, where work will continue on the aircraft with the installation of a new interior featuring 112 roomy 35-inch blue leather seats. A second aircraft, Hooters Air Two, is scheduled to begin painting on Monday, January 27th. Both aircraft should be passenger ready by March 1st.

Hooters Air is in the process of receiving approval from the Department of Transportation and hopes to announce its first routes in and out of the Myrtle Beach, SC market within the next few weeks. While Hooters Air is not yet taking reservations for its inaugural flights, it has secured the phone number 1-888-FLY-HOOT, which it expects to activate in a few weeks

Hooters Air will utilize planes and flight crews employed by Pace Airlines of Winston-Salem, NC. Hooters of America, Inc. chairman Robert H. Brooks acquired Pace at the end of 2002 through an LLC that he personally controls. Currently, Pace controls 17 aircraft, including Hooters Air One and Two, and specializes in sports team, corporate and tour company charters. Executives of Piedmont Aviation founded the airline in 1995.

Due to a relationship between Pace and Delta Air Lines, Hooters Air planes are being transformed at the Delta TechOps facility in Atlanta. Pace has announced that all of their aircraft, including those of Hooters Air, are supported through a comprehensive maintenance agreement whereby Delta TechOps provides parts, equipment repairs/overhauls and personnel training.

Hooters Air 737s will be manned by a flight crew consisting of two pilots (wearing traditional pilot uniforms), three flight attendants (wearing khaki pants and orange Hooters Air polo shirts) and two Hooters Girls (wearing traditional Hooters Restaurant uniforms). The flight attendants will be experienced, certified, and the position will be gender neutral. The Hooters Girls will be restaurant employees who will assist with hostess and food/beverage functions as allowed by FAA regulations.

"We feel we have put together the best possible formula for success for Hooters Air," stated Hooters of America, Inc. Vice President of Marketing, Mike McNeil. "Because Pace is providing the planes and flight crews, we have a proven record of safety, stability, and profitability. The maintenance agreement with Delta teams Hooters Air with a proven leader in safety and has increased Pace's dispatch reliability rating to 98 percent. Finally, we add the spark of the Hooters brand name and our 20-year history and proven ability to provide great service and hospitality. Why would you fly any other airline?" said McNeil.

Hooters Air would like to announce routes, rates and schedules within the next month and initiate flight operations before the beginning of summer.

LA_MERC_Yankee
February 5th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Here's a couple of slogans that Hooters could use for the new airline:

Relax -- the *Engines* Are Real

We Put the T&A in "Trans-Atlantic"

Full Upright Position? Count on It!

Pray for Turbulence

Rooster
February 5th, 2003, 01:47 PM
lol sign me up, I don't where I go!!

LA_MERC_Maverick
February 5th, 2003, 07:28 PM
w00t thats right next door to me (well like an hour away, but still)! hahahaha

MRBIG85
February 6th, 2003, 07:38 AM
The flight attendants will be experienced, certified, and the position will be gender neutral.

Screw that make them all hooters girls.:eek: :d:

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 12th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Here's the freshly painted plane. w00t w00t

bighead
March 12th, 2003, 10:44 AM
w00t maybe i can take it for the next lan hehe

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 12th, 2003, 01:50 PM
why not have a LAN on Hooters Air? have the hooter girls serve drinks etc. the plane could fly around for a couple hours while everyone competes.

shurley that could help get some kind of publicity for Hooter Air

LA_MERC_Sniper
March 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM
i meant to post about this i heard it on the radio lol

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 25th, 2003, 04:02 PM
A first look on the inside:

MadOne
March 25th, 2003, 04:29 PM
i will be needing a vacation soon anyhow..LOL...w00t, sounds like the way to FLY

Rooster
March 25th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Does she demonstrate the proper "crash position"?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 25th, 2003, 10:28 PM
:stu....LMAO!!!

Scott

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==