PDA

View Full Version : faster internet

Corona
January 11th, 2003, 11:29 PM
i have 2 ports in my room at school and i want to use them both to double my speed on the internet or just speed it up... is there any way i can do that...

SnAkEbItE
January 11th, 2003, 11:33 PM
yeah you have to have to net work card and then well you might be able to.

Scorpius_Ogre
January 12th, 2003, 08:46 AM
I assume that they are LAN ports... RJ-45 ethernet ports. They are more than likely connected to a large switch/router and probably connects to the schools T3 line. Unfortunately binding both ports (which can be done on NT and Win2k maybe XP pro) won't help with speed because your limited by the T3 trunk (or whatever high speed line your school has).

However, if your school has a network bandwidth throttle installed and limits the bandwidth consumed by each port, then you CAN increase your top speed. Having a greater top speed will help you surf the net and download things faster. But keep in mind that Counter Strike doesn't depend greatly on bandwidth, it more or less needs less latency. Latency is calculated by the PING time, which is the time it takes a packet to traverse the network to reach the server and back.

But still yet, it might be worth a shot, all you need is another network card. Both cards will probably use DHCP to obtain the IP address. Then you will need to bind the two cards so your computer rotates the outgoing packets. If you don't have an OS that does binding I think there are some software solutions out there.

Best Regards,

-ScorpiusOgre

}{y|3ri|)
January 13th, 2003, 03:47 PM
hummm i have two network cards in my comp.. maybe i should try this at my dorm room,

Matrix
January 13th, 2003, 08:58 PM
I dunno anything about this!....LOL:dunno and i still need help with my spray problem!:(
:matrix

Corona
January 13th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Matrix
I dunno anything about this!....LOL:dunno and i still need help with my spray problem!:(
:matrix

d00d this is not a spray forum... its an internet connection forum get it right man... lol

Corona
January 13th, 2003, 09:43 PM
how do you bind the two cards??? bot of the work on the network but how do you bind them?

}{y|3ri|)
January 13th, 2003, 10:27 PM
is that called bridgin the connections? only option i see with the network

LA_MERC_Onji
January 14th, 2003, 01:20 PM
or you can just get a cool device like this and bind the 2 internet connections together :)

http://www.nexland.com/turbo.cfm

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 14th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Yeah Corona, just get one of those. :stick

SgtJeff
January 14th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Onji h4x

Corona
January 14th, 2003, 07:10 PM
yah just let me go to the money tree... and then off to the store

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==