PDA

View Full Version : New roller coaster

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 9th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Check it out! OMG H4X

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside_park/rides/thrill/_ttd/specs/index.cfm

I want to go. Yet another reason to go back to Cedar Point!

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 9th, 2003, 11:54 AM
omg cedar point was the best when i went there about 8 years ago, man i've got to get up there again. That looks cool.

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 9th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Here's a simulation point of view ride.

Hootchie MAMA!!!! 420 ft 120 mph twice!!!!

http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/Dragster-Hin1n.mov

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 9th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Where is Cedar Creek? Cuz I wanna go!!!

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 9th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Cedar Creek is in Ruston... lol

Cedar Point is on Lake Erie near Sandusky, Ohio, west of Cleveland, about 1.5 hours I think?

Yankee and I went last year, it roxors!

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 9th, 2003, 02:05 PM
cedar point is rated one of best roller coaster parks in the world

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
January 9th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Yeah, too bad it's in boonie land!! :(

LA_MERC_Yankee
January 9th, 2003, 02:33 PM
I would have to say that Cedar Point is THE best amusement park in the world. They don't have all that extra crap like some parks, sure there's a little bit of "Mickey Mouse" stuff, but their man focus is roller coasters. It's actually called America's Roller Coast.

I remember the good ole days of having a season pass and running over there in the middle of a thunderstorm (it was only 25 minutes from my house). That was b/c all of the families that went for the day would usually rain when it started raining late in the day which meant really short lines for the rides. We would get in line for the Magnum at 12:45AM and wait until around 2AM when we would actually get on the darned thing. At that time of night the lines became just as fun as the ride itself - anyone remember the Line Ride from Southpark.

This new coaster looks like it will really ROCK!!:blue:

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 9th, 2003, 02:59 PM
My bad...I knew where cedar creek was. DOH!

K-BOMB
January 9th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Wow...that's intense...

SgtJeff
January 9th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Cedar Point is where most of my extended family lives. I always go there when I visit my cousins. It's a blast.

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 21st, 2003, 02:11 PM
Exacltly what does it look like from the top of this ride? Check these out. The small looking roller coaster here is the magnum XL 200 which opened in 1990. I rode it opening day anc thought. Holy Crap is this thing tall. Now it just looks like a kiddie ride.

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 21st, 2003, 02:15 PM
Here's a view of the Hotel Breakers from about 3/4 of the way up the track.

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 21st, 2003, 02:17 PM
This is looking out over Lake Erie with the Mean Streak and Gemini in the foreground.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 21st, 2003, 02:17 PM
omg! hope the cars don't get stuck up there.

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 21st, 2003, 02:18 PM
Over the top. You may need oxygen at this point.

LA_MERC_Yankee
March 21st, 2003, 02:21 PM
Here's the last one for now. This is look down the track back towards the station. Pretty breath-taking:

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 21st, 2003, 02:33 PM
Holy Snikes!

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 21st, 2003, 03:20 PM
OMFG, I pissed on myself already. :emb
:eek:

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 21st, 2003, 03:22 PM
Thats amazing. We got some good ones in Cali but thats insane.

Scott

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 21st, 2003, 04:02 PM
/me wants to go :(

i luv roller coasters, wish we had some like that in sc

dont get me wrong carrowinds is great, but it aint crap compared to that...lol

K-BOMB
March 21st, 2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
Thats amazing. We got some good ones in Cali but thats insane.

Scott

True dat, Six Flags Magic Mountain is an awesome park, but this just looks crazy. Imagine Superman The Escape, only faster and when you get to the top you keep going higher then come back face down...YIKES! Have you ridden X yet? I'm dyin' to get back out to the west coast to check it out - I haven't been since 1998.

But first, we're planning a trip to Cedarpoint this summer, I'll be sure to provide a full report, if I survive :)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 21st, 2003, 05:03 PM
no...havent been to MM since i met my wife...she dont do amusment parks. my daughter loves them though. we might hit MM this summer. Knotts has the Excelerator...that is awesome. smothest roller coaster ive ever been on.

Scott

LA_MERC_Spark
March 21st, 2003, 05:16 PM
OMG!! ahhh!

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 21st, 2003, 06:02 PM
i want one!!!! someone come built that in my backyard! (oh and this is at no charge to myself of course!) :laugh:

Crazy White Boy
March 21st, 2003, 07:02 PM
Was that white stuff snow? Whoever took that pic musta been cold. 120mph in freezing temp. brrrr :(. I bet the adrenaline took over, and they forgot how cold it was. That thing looks like weeeee.

JUNKY
March 22nd, 2003, 07:33 AM
Ok--showed this to a co-worker and we sat here and did the math --

2800feet long (Im not sure if that's the first straightaway or the whole track--I did these calc on the 2800 being the whole ride legnth.)

At 128 MPH you're covering about 200 feet per second. So given for some accelleration and decelleration I'm estimating the whole ride is going to be less than 25 seconds from launch to recovery, if the whole track is 2800 feet.

And you'll stand in line for 2 hours to do it :-)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==