December 30th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Don't ever say that Canada hides behind the defense of the USA!!!!:shoot

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
December 30th, 2002, 08:27 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ROFLMAO, that's some 1337 forces they got up north!!! :p

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 30th, 2002, 08:57 AM
lmao The recoil from the gun would be stronger than that trolling motor and push the thing backwards! lol

LA_MERC_Sniper
December 30th, 2002, 09:21 AM
LOL OMG LOL OMG LOL OMG LOL OMG were bound to win now hehehe were invincible Omg that is toooo funny

Cypher
December 30th, 2002, 10:05 AM
what bothers me is, some poor soul had nothing better to do with his time than to gather a boat, motor, machine gun, helmet, and buddy with a camera... put the Canada label/sign on the boat... mount the motor and machine gun... put on the helmet and get in the boat... and ask his buddy to capture that moment forever on film.

But... on the other hand... it's pretty darn funny. I'm just glad I have better things to do with MY time. Like posting this for all you b00ns to read.

Fragmonkee
December 30th, 2002, 10:14 AM
that is a .50 cal machine gun (:D my l337 self dis and assembeled it in 1:45 w00t) i dont know where he got it, cause that gun is HIGHLY illegal...it must be superimposed cause i dont see one leaking out into the civilian world. if that bullet comes within 3 to 5 feet from your head, the air velocity would pull your head off your shoulders.

Cypher
December 30th, 2002, 10:26 AM
wow... can we see a demonstration of that??

BigOne
December 30th, 2002, 10:29 AM
OMG HAX is all i gots to say

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 30th, 2002, 10:32 AM
I think we spotted one of those trying to cross Lake Erie last summer.

Cypher
December 30th, 2002, 10:32 AM
I bet the real Canadia military saw that pic and said "neat! a big gun! can we get one of those?"

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 30th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Fragmonkee
that is a .50 cal machine gun (:D my l337 self dis and assembeled it in 1:45 w00t) i dont know where he got it, cause that gun is HIGHLY illegal...it must be superimposed cause i dont see one leaking out into the civilian world. if that bullet comes within 3 to 5 feet from your head, the air velocity would pull your head off your shoulders.

That is a high power gun, but what you propose is a little absurd. Sure you would feel the bullet go by your head and the sound would be rather spectacular, but that would be about it. Now getting hit by the round would essentially destroy you. As fas as it being illegal... Hey's it's in Canada! It's prolly for Moose hunting.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 30th, 2002, 11:29 AM
lol Dirge. If they were selling stolen F16 engines on the black market I'm sure they could sneak a .50 off base.

Scott

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 30th, 2002, 01:12 PM
not shown in that picture are thousands more of these warships following their leader!!!

Fragmonkee
December 30th, 2002, 10:11 PM
lol dirge, you know what the muzzle velocity of a .50 cal machine gun is? hold out your hand..i can bet that the .50 is bigger than your middle finger to the end of your palm. it is the same size as mine...i have a massive hand too. it isnt the same round as your daddy's muzzle loader...trust me on this one.

Fragmonkee
December 30th, 2002, 10:17 PM
lol big brother: and one last thing, i am a MAL clerk in supply( i keep track of every tent, tent pole, mosquito netting, machine gun, m16, mortar, sniper rifle, infared scope (very uber), and so on and so forth.) the base shuts down if a m16 is missing, and we go on lockdown till it is found or accounted for.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 30th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Problem is it takes you the better part of a week to notice it's missing...by then it's in a diffrent country....like Canada. I used the F16 engine as an example because it happened. There is a TV show about there about police sting ops. One was a reserve from I think the Air Force...not sure. He was smuggling all kinds of crap out. The big item was an F16 engine.....w00t to base security.

Scott

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 30th, 2002, 11:33 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Dirge on this one. I've been working as a design engineer for the world leading OEM compressor and vacuum pump manufacturer for over 5 years now and with my BSME in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited University (Lousiana Tech University, GEAUX Bulldogs)can safely say that the needed vacuum to pull a human head from its shoulders is way more than a .50 calibur machine gun can produce. I will grant you that it will give you a mean headache and damage your hearing permanently but it will NOT pull your head off your shoulders.

Fragmonkee
December 30th, 2002, 11:52 PM
hey andyconda, come here to range 405 with me, and stand by that tank over there...heh. ill let you wear ear plugs too :D. the muzzle velocity of that piece of lead is over 7000 fps...3 feet is only 36 inches...look, i have had marine instructors (more than one at a different place different times) tell me this. ive shot that .50 cal before, trust me it can move a humvee...

|------------------------------------------|

rough estimation of bullet size...im not talking about with the casing too...i see where you are getting at andyconda, it isnt like you put your head into a vaccum cleaner and turn it on building pressure till it sucks it off....its like hmmm how should i put this, its not like oj sawing on nicoles head, but more like a sabre with a fast and abrupt strike. its the quick wave of air that does the damage...granted it might not take it completely off, but itll be dangling by some part of your neck.

Fragmonkee
December 31st, 2002, 12:02 AM
another thing big brother: lol thats airfarce man. they couldnt count to 2o with their hands and toes. do yall know how big a .50 cal machine gun bullet is?!?!??!?!?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 31st, 2002, 01:02 AM
So your telling me you actually think it is going to take a mans head off if he has it near the barrel when it goes off. I mean if you have the base of your neck right at the tip of the barrel and you shoot a long long long belt of rounds it might eat its way through your neck, but I would imagin after the first 200 rounds that is my neck started to rip I'm going to move to a safer location (AWAY from the barrel). Oh and I attached a picture of a .50 cal shell on a ruler so everyone coule see. Big shell and does a tremendous amount of damage to its TARGET.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 31st, 2002, 06:13 AM
Ok everyone, stop bickering. I am the one in the picture and i tested that weapon with the aid of Andyconda. He stood by his truck with a big smile on his face while holding an apple in his mouth. I successfully took the apple from his mouth and gave him a good shave. Of course since he is still typing so he did not lose his head, he may have a "big head" (see above where he boasts about how great he is) but he did not lose it. nuff said

Cypher
December 31st, 2002, 06:45 AM
the ruler scale is backwards andy, I can't read it. looks like 12 inches to me. :)

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 31st, 2002, 06:50 AM
look at the top of the ruler boon, it's called centimeters.....americans....

Cypher
December 31st, 2002, 06:52 AM
centiwhat? .....canadians......

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 31st, 2002, 06:55 AM
fragmonkee, just because someone is wearing a pretty drill hat doesn't mean they are telling the truth nor do they know what they are talking about. If they are telling you the above, then they are doing it to scare you or just plain lying to you.

I am concerned with your lack of technical expertise, so I will enlighten you.

The 50 caliber round has a muzzle velocity ranging from 2700 fps to 2900 fps, depending on grain load, material density and other factors. I could probably do some more research and find this, but I am willing to bet that 7000 fps is beyond the terminal velocity for this particular item.

As far as ripping someones head off... In order to do this, the passing bullet would have to create a massive vacuum of air in a region directly close to the head. The sudden fill of this vacuum would cause air movement to pull on the head and thus could feasibly achieve your stated effect. However, the round itself does not contain enough mass or energy to create this large of a vacuum. As Andy said, it would take a tremendous amount of pressure, probably on the order of 3 or more atmospheres to achieve your effect. And your range of 3 feet only exponentially increases the amount of energy needed. I'm sorry, but I can't come up with that amount of energy from a simple 50 caliber round passing through the air at 3000 fps. Hate to burst your bubble.

LA_MERC_Dirge BSME, magna cum laude, Louisiana Tech Univeristy 1997

On an interesting side note, I found that the Armed forces has removed the majority of lead from ammunition used and replaced it with tungsten instead. They did this due to environmental concerns as well as economic reasons.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 31st, 2002, 06:58 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fragmonkee
[B]ive shot that .50 cal before, trust me it can move a humvee...

|------------------------------------------|

Oh and BTW, the reason it can move the humvee is the impact energy, a product of Momentum force (mass x velocity), which is enormously high from a 50 cal round due to its sheer size. That is completely different than shooting next to the humvee (which would be a fluid transfer model, density has a lot to do with energy transfer effect).

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 31st, 2002, 07:03 AM
That's my boy Robby. Explain physics 101 to the monkey. Also, I intentionally put the centimeters to the top for scale since it was a Canadian post. I knew he would comprehend it better this way. Sorry for the confusion Redrum. I tend to do too much in the metric system. A side effect from doing too much Cocain (gram this kilo that, you know). Hey Robby, also, don't go busting out that Max Cum Loud stuff from graduation. It's not that impreessive since your graduating class consisted of Me and Matt, we lowered the curve for you. Lol. Hey tell me the first law of thermodynamics. lol.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 31st, 2002, 07:03 AM
well said dirge....bringing out the fluids from way back!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 31st, 2002, 07:23 AM
My brother just stepped in while I was replying to this post. UserOfIllusion has a damn good point. After being in the military himself for 6 years as a 27 Echo electronical dragon missle system technician he says he has fired the gun on a bradly Tank which has a .50 cal gun. And his head is still attached. Your full of S%&T. He wanted me to attach this photo for you.

P.S. Besides don't you have some ammo or paperwork to file you BB stacker.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 31st, 2002, 07:25 AM
OMG!!!! Where's my backup!!!! i said i needed backup!!!

LA_MERC_Mercy
December 31st, 2002, 07:37 AM
that WAS your backup...they are just lousy shots..

Mikey
December 31st, 2002, 07:45 AM
LMAO.. thats to funny

Mikey
December 31st, 2002, 07:45 AM
damn canadians... hehehe

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 31st, 2002, 07:53 AM
Hey fragmonkee more "enlightening" info for you.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/machineguns.html

Yes, you too can purchase a Browning 50 cal machine gun. Check the site. IT's only about $17,500, but on the open market. And you can buy a model replica for only $200.

Rooster
December 31st, 2002, 08:30 AM
LMAO I like the the caption under the .50 "Keep a 50 on display for your friends." Like it's a friggin conversation piece or something. Although I could see Andy with one on the coffee table...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 31st, 2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Redrum
the ruler scale is backwards andy, I can't read it. looks like 12 inches to me. :)

So that's how you convinced her your were 10 inches...das w00t!!:eek:

I think Dirge set a record for most ownage in one post...GJ Robby.
Frag you just got "Thomas Dolby'ed"

JOO GOT BLINED BY SCIENCE!!!!

Scott:laugh::d:

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 31st, 2002, 08:39 AM
no big bro, Candace is smarter than that. Andy had to somehow convince her that the Metric side was actually the "inches" side. Hence he claimed he was 14 inches....but when she was talking to her friends about relative size they all laughed when she estimated his manhood with her hands and offered their condolances.

oh and dirge, i would have made that same argument but I don't graduate from tech until March 1st. So i don't know what i'm talking about until then. hehehe

Disorder
December 31st, 2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Fragmonkee
i have had marine instructors (more than one at a different place different times) tell me this.

that reminds me of the drills in basic that were like. privates, these cpog's(chem suit) arent gonna do crap for you. you know those commies, they fire chemical rounds. thats right every third round is a chemical round youre alll gonna die anyway.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 31st, 2002, 09:31 AM
BTW, please tell me that SOMEONE got the Thomas Dolby reference. I'l feel really damn old if not.

Scott

Rooster
December 31st, 2002, 09:36 AM
The only Dolby I know is Dolby Digital :D

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 31st, 2002, 09:57 AM
Ok ok ok ok, some clarificartion for the Canadian because he's slow on the uptake. Scott (LA_MERC_Big_Brother) quoted Redrum on the ruler comment of its backwards so he thought the .50 cal round was 12 inches not 5 or so like the photo shows. Hence he stated that's how Redrum would have convinced his wife he was 10 inches. Meaning redrum would have 2 inches of manhood. Since we're on the subject just ask your woman, she'll backup my claim of over 24 centimeters, she didn't laugh! It was more of a loud moan if I recall right!

Cypher
December 31st, 2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother

So that's how you convinced her your were 10 inches...das w00t!!:eek:

Scott:laugh::d:

Yeah, something like that... it is something like 10 inches -- when I hold the YARDSTICK backwards. lol

Cypher
December 31st, 2002, 10:20 AM
wait... are you saying that size DOES matter?? OMG HAX!! lol

SnAkEbItE
December 31st, 2002, 10:53 AM
No it doesn't my wife says so...yeah and I have some land i would like to sell you..

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 31st, 2002, 10:55 AM
Size is all relative.....that's why my wife is 4'11". I'M HUGE!!!

Scott:laugh:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 31st, 2002, 11:39 AM
lol, true dat Scott! Damn it I'm 6'4" 240 pounds! Good thing my wife is 5'9" 140 pounds or I'd be a Johnny Holmes with a wife like that!

[WFO]UserOfIllusion
December 31st, 2002, 11:43 AM
Yea well you all might be big, but I have to sleep with my wife 4 times and hit her with a brick to give her 12 inches and make it hurt. Man I am ashamed.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 31st, 2002, 11:58 AM
Okay this is getting a little much for the public forums... lmao

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==