PDA

View Full Version : Problem, me needs help!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 23rd, 2002, 09:43 AM
I downloaded the donkey pack and installed it and I noticed an unusual type of lag when I play. I think it is lag from my own computer, when I click a button it takes 2 to 3 seconds for the action to occur, even when I'm lanning with bots. When I press tab it takes a few seconds to show the score screen and after I release the button it takes a few seconds to disappear. I noticed my ping jumping to 28 once while lanning but I haven't seen it since. I uninstalled CS then deleted my Seirra folder, and reinstalled. I did not reinstall the donkey pack I just left it retail and I'm still getting this lag. If anyone has any thoughts or theory's I'm open to suggestions. I'm running ME as my OS and I have the retail version of CS, I'm going through withdrawl because I'm not gettin my daily fix on CS.

SnAkEbItE
December 23rd, 2002, 11:27 AM
Suggestion check and make sure that you have no viruses, I got one that I thought I had gotten ride of but, no and it was eatting up cpu and bandwith....

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 23rd, 2002, 07:03 PM
I have Norton 2002 running with all current updates via automatic update.

Reign
December 24th, 2002, 12:21 AM
get rid of ME that will help...ALOT

Tracker
December 24th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Yes exiles..i agree w/ Reign..I had the devils child (ME)..it was the worst thing they ever came out with..It was always givig me problems...Good idea Reign w00t

Tracker

Fragmonkee
December 24th, 2002, 11:15 AM
hey whats with the "donkey pack"? wtf is it?

LA_MERC_Maverick
December 24th, 2002, 11:47 AM
its a skin/models/sprites pack that creates a new look and feel to your Counter-Strike experience

lol.....wonder if I like it?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 24th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Well as soon as one of you b00ns downloads, burns and mails me an image of XP I'll gladly update to a new OS. Prolly gonna go with 2000 here soon I have a copy that actually works, I can't put XP back together again without it crashing repeatedly.

Tracker
December 24th, 2002, 09:59 PM
i have a new xp ill send it to you...just give me a few days to burn it Tracker

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==