PDA

View Full Version : Condtion Zero and 1.6 Info

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 19th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Everyone should check out this latest review and info for version 1.6 and Condition Zero at
http://www.gamespy.com/previews/december02/csczpc/
its going to be w00ty w00t w00t.
:blue: :blue:

Mike

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 20th, 2002, 06:46 AM
http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4251

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 20th, 2002, 09:29 AM
1.6 beta should be relesed on Jan 7th. it will be an open beta too. not sure if any Mercs played the last beta (1.4) I don't remember seeing any of you. but if you want to give the 1.6 beta a try go here:
http://steampowered.com/support/index.html

don't DL steam yet, there will be a new verison that you will have to DL on Jan 7th.

bighead
December 20th, 2002, 10:19 AM
yea we tested the beta..chances are we'll do it again

Mikey
January 3rd, 2003, 03:48 AM
This is a secret admirere :P
Mikey left his account on my moms computer (muahahah)

1.6 wasn't that great, I played it at the CPL this winter and to tell you the truth, they are majorly disrupting the game with the shield....It glitches like MAD!!

NOTHING GOES THROUGH THE SHIELD(except the knife ROFL!!!)....and except when it glitches

The two new guns were boring, and they changed up the stinking buy #'s so when u go to buy an AWP u buy some stinkin semi-sniper thingy and the ak is 4-2 now b/c of the new "lighter" ak model thingamajigger =D

Well nice talkin...this subject looked sweet so i decided to inform j00 guys on sumpin that i knew a lil about =D

P.S. - MERRY X-MAS(LATE?) AND HAPPY NEW YEAR(LATE?)
DIRGE!! PM/IM ME ;P lol
Deisel, gimme a shout as well =-D
Yankee j00 r nublet, holla at me ;D
HEAD!!!!.....who j00 gonna call(pm) :P
KEEP IN TOUCH F00S ;P

Everyone have a safe and wonderful year, Much love from a former....affiliate :-P

JUNKY
January 3rd, 2003, 05:28 AM
AHHH! We were just Blaked!

lol oh well. Lata f00 -- where's my shoutout?

LAta,
JUNKY

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 3rd, 2003, 06:58 AM
lol

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 3rd, 2003, 07:41 AM
LMAO
DGJ Vic.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 3rd, 2003, 08:20 AM
You mean b00ned.....HAX!!!

Scott

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 3rd, 2003, 08:21 AM
Remember...he is the "original" b00n. Kinda like their leader.

Scott

Noxious
January 4th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Werd to your mother....look i'm on my dads computer now ROFL nobody ever logs off of forums......

Junky, your the best =D i saved you for last :-P

Scottymon is senior b00nman of da b00ns on patrol :P , yall bettah respect his authori-tie!!!!! And he r teh h4x b/c he recognize when da original b00n comes rollin into town, much love Scott =D

shoutout time =D

GO JUNKY!!!! PM ME i just wanna see your sexy font...rreeooww :P

Later Peeps :p
mucho love
#1 b00n

/me jams out to junky's sig =X

P.S. - this 800x600 res my dad uses really sux for forum use =D, he old, can't see =D lol

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 13th, 2003, 07:50 PM
1.6 looks like a go for Thursday the 16th, per csnation.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 15th, 2003, 10:52 AM
some stuff I saw in the changelog:
» Changed so the bomb defuser gets three frags for successfully defusing the bomb.
» Changed so when bomb goes off, the player that planted the bomb gets three frags.

ummm WTF? so now it's gonna be like TFC, DOD, etc. maybe it will help get the bomb planted more, but you'll see alot of people with some insane scores and really gettin accused of hackin.

for the rest of the review and change log you can check out:
http://csnation.counter-strike.net/articles.php/117/

LA_MERC_Onji
January 15th, 2003, 11:01 AM
they should just take out kills/deaths and just have total team scores, but thats just me :)
i like how they are encouraging people to actually plant now

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 15th, 2003, 11:41 AM
This is the one I am most upset about...

» Changed so live players don't see enemy deaths in the scoreboard.

Man...I check all the time to see how many T's there are left!

LA_MERC_Onji
January 15th, 2003, 11:53 AM
thats not what its referring to tech, it does not show the other teams number of Deaths on the scoreboard, not who is alive or dead

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 15th, 2003, 12:09 PM
OOOH! Well then...that's fine with me. Whew

LA_MERC_Diesel
January 15th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Ok, what does that mean Onji??

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 15th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Right now, it has 2 columns for both teams, Kills and Deaths. As I understand what Onji is saying, you won't be able to tell how many deaths the people on the other team have, meaning you wont be able to see the Deaths column anymore.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 15th, 2003, 02:52 PM
are you sure about that Onji? during the last beta 1.4 eric was thinking about implementing that change then. basically it was same scoreboard as is now, except there would not be a tag saying "DEAD" next to who was dead. from the description in changelog, it sounds like that's what is happening now. guess we'll see tomorrow. I constantly check scoreboard to see who is alive/dead, I hope you're right Onji, cause I would hate it if it doesn't show whos actually dead.

about the 3 frag thing - I hope it will help people complete objectives now, but I think one of the posters in the steam forums put it best:
"Ok how is 3 frags for defusing or planting going to help?...I thought this was a teambased game?...Why r we rewarding for individual efforts? WTF! They should get more money..but not frags...Frags r for killing, and should only be rewarded for a kill!"

ohh and why do they not give frags for rescueing hosties? cause they give a crap load of money.

also, no more ducking and going up ladder at normal speed.

LA_MERC_Onji
January 15th, 2003, 03:21 PM
hell im not sure about anything until i see it lol, thats just what i read into it. im probably wrong hehe

LA_MERC_Onji
January 15th, 2003, 03:23 PM
yeah re-reading that statement, it could go either way. Guess we'll find out tomorrow

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 15th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Bah! I had my hopes up! OH NO MR. BILL!!!

LA_MERC_Onji
January 16th, 2003, 08:11 AM
yep you were right tech, i read this on another site

Another small but pretty affecting change is that the scoreboard doesn't show you who on the opposing team is dead when you are still alive.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 16th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Dang it!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 16th, 2003, 09:13 AM
that's what I was afraid of. well it is still beta, and they can change it back very easy (and will change it if it's not well received) just make sure you are vocal about it on the beta forums during the beta. they took out alot of things last beta that they started out with, like auto-follow for the hostages.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 16th, 2003, 12:16 PM
I think it's out. the site doesn't say so yet, but some people on the beta board found a link to it and seem to be playing now.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~ocdrum17/SteamInstall.zip

I downloaded it while at lunch, but haven't installed it yet. btw, the DL site is gettin kinda hammered, and will be even worse when official word is released. maybe someone can put the installer on the ftp? it's only 4 mb. I'd do it, but I'm back at work already.

LA_MERC_Onji
January 16th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Im waiting, just in case that is leaked, and not the same version

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 16th, 2003, 01:17 PM
alot of people on the beta forum were thinking the same thing or that it was still steam ver.1, but they posted the installer log and several said they were able to connect.

probably should wait anyway, there will be more mirrors up later, and who knows, maybe that could be a leaked version that's not the current ver.

guess I'll prob re-download it when I get home.

LA_MERC_Onji
January 16th, 2003, 01:23 PM
they killed the above link :(

LA_MERC_Onji
January 16th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Steam Beta 2.0 Starts Today

Steam Beta 2.0 begins today at 3 pm Pacific. The beta is open to the public, anyone can join by downloading and running the 4MB install applet.

For the first few days, this beta will include the coming versions of Counter-Strike (1.6) and Team Fortress Classic. Further updates to these games, as well as additional content, will be made available to participants throughout the beta.

Steam is a broadband platform for the delivery and management of digital content. More information on Steam and this beta can be found at www.steampowered.com.

I wouldnt download any other versions until this time.

Cypher
January 16th, 2003, 04:15 PM
so, when this beta IS released, what are we gonna do about the server and all of our clients? Will the server be upgraded to 1.6 beta immediately? Is it possible to keep both 1.5 and 1.6b on my computer so I can still join 1.5 servers? Seems like I COULD just keep 2 copies of my cstrike folder -- before and after the 1.6 upgrade... but I'd rather not do that if possible. That's a lot of disk space and I don't wanna have to worry about putting new maps in several different places.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
January 16th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Steam Beta 2.0 has been officially released. There is a link on the front page that I just updated about 15 minutes ago. :)

LA_MERC_Onji
January 16th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Redrum
so, when this beta IS released, what are we gonna do about the server and all of our clients? Will the server be upgraded to 1.6 beta immediately? Is it possible to keep both 1.5 and 1.6b on my computer so I can still join 1.5 servers? Seems like I COULD just keep 2 copies of my cstrike folder -- before and after the 1.6 upgrade... but I'd rather not do that if possible. That's a lot of disk space and I don't wanna have to worry about putting new maps in several different places.

no, we will not upgrade until its officially released, plus they dont have a linux beta port anyway

MadOne
January 16th, 2003, 06:42 PM
w00t..get um Onji..hehehe..

-FA- Th|3f
January 16th, 2003, 07:03 PM
did 1.6 come out today?

bighead
January 16th, 2003, 07:20 PM
yes. the beta did come out today..it can only be played through steam though..correct me if i'm wrong onjisan

Cypher
January 16th, 2003, 07:47 PM
what's steam??

LA_MERC_Onji
January 16th, 2003, 07:48 PM
it didnt actually get officially released, alot of leaked copies got out, and enough people got it that it killed the steam servers. They "suspended" the release till they get their issues worked out.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==