PDA

View Full Version : I need help with CS SKINS

CrAzYbOnEs
November 29th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Hey guys as you guys may know ive been replacing all my skins for cs with new ones. In some cases ive had problems with left handed models and i hate left handed models. The site ive been downloading from is the shiznit its got all the best models but only thing practically every gun ive gotten from there has been a left handed model so my question for u guys is do u know how to rename the file to make it a right handed model. i know it has to be like _r.mdl so i did that with my sig552 model and it changed the gun when it was laying on the floor to the skin i wanted but when the gun was in my hands it looked like the same model before hand. so guys please help me out here and post alomost anything u know about this.
peace,
crazybones

MadOne
November 29th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Toby, help the man out, you got da skillz

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 29th, 2002, 11:39 PM
Crazybones.. DO NOT RENAME ANY OF YOUR MODELS BUT THE V_XXX.MDL MODELS. With the introductions of CS 1.4 and CS 1.5, Valve decided to do away with having both a left handed and right weapon model. What they did is just have one model and mirror it for the left handed version. In CS 1.3 there was a v_xxx.mdl (left handed model) and a v_xxx_r.mdl (right handed model). With the introduction of cs 1.4, there was only a v_xxx.mdl (new right handed model). First thing you need to do is make sure that your setting is for right handed models. Then go into your models folders and look for "v" models that have both a v_xxx.mdl and v_xxx_r.mdl of the same name. Delete the v_xxx.mdl (old left handed model) and rename v_xxx_r.mdl (old right handed model) to v_xxx.mdl (new right handed model). You will need to do this for most all weapons except the elites. You will also have to do them for the nades.

Hope this helps.

CrAzYbOnEs
November 30th, 2002, 12:20 AM
thank u so much so i go into my cstrike/model folder and delete all my old v_XXX.mdl and rename the V_XXX_r.mdl to v_XXX.mdl but what about if theres isnt a v_XXX_r.mdl what do i do in that situation. (remember i only want right handed models) . wont the undeleted v_XXX.mdl make me have a left handed model for that gun. i just dindt want to start messing around without askin first.
peace,
crazy

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 30th, 2002, 01:25 AM
Only rename the v_xxx_r.mdl if you had the same exact name in a v_xxx.mdl. Example: You go into your cstrike/models folder and you have a v_awp.mdl and a v_awp_r.mdl .. You would delete the v_awp.mdl and rename the v_awp_r.mdl (old right handed model) to v_awp.mdl (new right handed model). If you go into your cstrike/models folder and there is ONLY a v_awp.mdl then leave it. Go into game and see if it shows up right handed. If it does then its the correct model, if it shows up left handed then you need to download that model again and start over with the same process.

Maximus
November 30th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Ok, now here's one...How do you reset the models WITHOUT having to reinstall the game and have no backup of the models cuz you didn't think you REALLY needed it???

JUNKY
November 30th, 2002, 07:35 AM
actually--that's a tough one -- I would recommend you just install Cs in a different directory, and then just copy the models folder to your current directory and then delete the extra install.

Next time make backups b00n! :-P

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 30th, 2002, 08:58 AM
I have a backup copy of the original sprites and models if you need. I can always upload em for u.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 30th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Hey toby, I need the aim sights for the aug, the ones I got from Mercy were a trick. When I zoom in, I have nothing. And I don't have the originals anymore. :(

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 30th, 2002, 12:19 PM
HAHA...good one Ernie. Dirge got played....lol

Scott

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 30th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Dirge, either get directly with me or check the ftp :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==