PDA

View Full Version : Having Server Trouble?

Tracker
November 29th, 2002, 01:32 AM
I have heard a few peps say they were haveing trouble getting on the server...I thought it was just me,but I guess I was wrong..Here is what the thing does to me. It eather gives me a box with this message in it (file read failure)or it tells me this (could not find the right map), and another time it said (Warning:Couldn't open valve/as_tundra.wad)I think that LaTech and myself had fixed this problem...but I have had this message alot tonite (file read failure). If anyone knows why this is doing this can they tell me why, or help me fix it please...

Thank You

Tracker (Mike):confused: :werd :doh :loser :slap

SnAkEbItE
November 29th, 2002, 09:41 AM
well sounds like your missing the tundra.wad go into your cs mod directory and see if you have the file tundra.wad...if not there is a reatil map pack fix you can get that the retail version left out a few files lucky us...try www.csnation.com

Rooster
November 29th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Hey Snakebite, tried the csnation.com and I couldn't find it. Got csnation.org, is that what you mean

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 29th, 2002, 12:15 PM
csnation is presently down

Rooster
November 29th, 2002, 03:40 PM
I keep having the same problems as Tracker. Is there anywhere else I can try to download the wad files I need?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 29th, 2002, 03:52 PM
What .wads do you need?? I'll make copies and post them as zip files.

Scott

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 29th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Here is the wad for Tundra

Scott

Rooster
November 29th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Alright Big Brother, I'm at work right now.I'll give you the one's I need when I get to the house.

Rooster
November 30th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Thanks Big Brother, the other one's I don't have are:valve/cs_haste.wad; valve/de_aztec.wad; valve/de_overrun.wad. Thanks again for any assistance you can give me.

Rooster
November 30th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Sorry, one more, the wolfenstein.wad

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 30th, 2002, 09:01 PM
hmm...they should all be in the mappack...did you grab the indivual maps or the big mappack?

Tracker
November 30th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Yes,I had Toby go in and load all my games,but I still can't load these games....de_747...de_holt...I tried to get on after we were playing tonight without sucess...Have any ideas???

Tracker:confused: :werd :stu

Rooster
December 1st, 2002, 05:37 PM
Mercy, I loaded the mappack and I had Yankee come and help me out (I'm new at this) and I still had some probs. Even when I load the maps individ. it still tells me that I can't open those particular wads.

LA_MERC_Mercy
December 1st, 2002, 07:52 PM
hmmm...that is strange, cause all the files that you need is in the mappacks...try redownloading it and see if that fixes it

Daedelus
December 1st, 2002, 08:42 PM
my problem ones have always been Gi Joe;Winternights &Tundra. I have try uninstalling them and then re load from the game when that map comes around and always goofs me up over and over,I am glad to see iam not the only n))b that has these problems lol.

Tracker
December 1st, 2002, 09:43 PM
Well I was playing again tonight ,and I got kicked off again.....I keep getting that (File read failure)...The map I am having trouble with tonight is cs_haste_final, I just do not have any more ideas????

Tracker.......

bighead
December 1st, 2002, 10:30 PM
have u tried reloading the mappack?

Tracker
December 1st, 2002, 11:07 PM
I have tried to reload it a few times...I hope I am loading it right. I just think that I did something to my comp... I will be getting my new one soon.. I hope hehehe/..

Tracker

Tracker
December 1st, 2002, 11:24 PM
O.K it is still saying (Warning:Couldn't open valve/as_tundra.wad), and i downloaded it twice???Any Ideas??

Tracker:confused: :bash :slap

LA_MERC_Maverick
December 2nd, 2002, 08:25 AM
make sure that when you download the wad you put it in your VALVE folder, not just in your cstrike folder

Tracker
December 2nd, 2002, 08:33 AM
Can you tell me how to put it in valve folder??Do I have to redown load it??

Tracker

LA_MERC_Mercy
December 2nd, 2002, 09:22 AM
if you are running retail, make sure that all the wad files are in this folder.

C:\SIERRA\Counterstrike\cstrike

do not put them in the maps folder.

if you are running a the Mod version of CS, put them in this folder

C:\SIERRA\Half-life\cstrike

Tracker
December 3rd, 2002, 01:28 AM
thank you i got it done last nite

Tracker

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==