I own three - Razor Boonslang 1000
Microsoft Intellimouse cordless
Logitech MX700

any preferences?

system: XP2100 / 768 mb pc3200 400mhz ram / WD120gb hd 8mb buffer
gforce 4 4400

JUNKY
November 27th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Myself and IllegalOp both tried the boomslang 2000dpi, and neither of us decided to keep gaming with them -- I dunno--when it's all said and done, it's huge, and I have smaller hands and it was hard for me to control properly. There are enough raving reviews about this mouse that tell me that it's a good mouse, but it's just not for me. Mine is hardly used, still in the box, and I'd be willing to part ways with it cheap -- really cheap, considering I think I paid in the neighborhood of $75 for mine.

My personal preference? The original Microsoft Intellimouse Optical USB 5 button -- $18 at mwave.com.

I've looked at the MX700 though--I think it's like 1200 dpi resolution cordless and wireless right? I have a couple of coworkers that like theirs.

I'm about ready to start using a trackball though -- tired of my wrist hurting at work. Or a Gyromation wireless mouse that senses your hand movements in the air--it's like using a magic wand to move your mouse -- it's sweet, couldnt game with it, but nice for that big Home theater that is run by a HTPC.

LAtes,
JUNKY

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 27th, 2002, 05:29 PM
I agree with Junky on the mouse. I also have the Intellimouse Optical and have only been using it since they came out (I'm actually on my 2nd or 3rd mouse). Good response time with the newer mouse and the laser. I would guess the cordless would resemble it in performance, but...I have a personal thing against cordless mice.

J2EE
November 27th, 2002, 05:41 PM
I agree with you both, the boomslang while a little faster is a pain
in that you alwasys have to clean the ball - the MX 700 is actually pretty cool ( I use it mainly at work - brought it home to try out )
only problem is that after a while of gaming the mouse starts to jump all over the screen. I gave a friend my logitech dual optical USB mouse ( really need to get it back ) it was one of the best I've played with . thx for the input

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 27th, 2002, 05:50 PM
I use a the Microsoft Intellimouse corded mouse, not the cordless.

I say not the cordless because I don't find them to be a precise as regular corded mice. Then may drop frequency (lag) while in use or during low battery operation. They are good for every day use, but I do not see them as a good gaming mouse.

The Razor Boomslang mouse is a ball mouse but has really good dpi. The only thing bad is that the mouse is really heave and really wide and awkward to handle. The mouse wheel is located in front of to very large mouse buttons and doesn't make it the easiest to access. I do not recommend this mouse unless you have an extremely large hand and you are willing to get used to the awkwardness of its movements.

The Microsoft Intellimouse is the lightest of the 3 and but does not have the feel of the Logitech but its 1/3 the weight and 1/3 the price. Since it is cordless, it faces the possibility of having some lag issues while gaming.

The Logitech MX700 is a nice mouse but again, its very very heavy but has a pretty nice feel. Its supposed to be the fastest of the 3 mice and not supposed to lag because it runs at a different frequency than most any other cordless devices. I'm not sure if the lag issue is 100% but I wouldn't mind trying it out.

Out of the three, I'd have to say that the Logitech seems to be the best bet.

StratCat
November 27th, 2002, 06:01 PM
guys im using a logitech dual optical mouse that is amazing it has 2 800dpi optical laser thingys in for a combined total of 1600 dpi, toms hardware said it is the mouse to have for gaming....dunn, but i like mine

J2EE
November 27th, 2002, 06:02 PM
I'll continue with the MX700 - since it's rechargable no need for batteries to run out. I prefer the cordless as the wires are always getting in my way. The MX700 really has some great reponses, and 1000dpi, if you ever get a chance you should try it

J2EE
November 27th, 2002, 06:04 PM
I thought the dual was only 800 dpi total then the person I gave mine to told me that it's 1600 total - maybe he'll trade for one of my other mice

JUNKY
November 27th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Can someone get me the model number off their dual optical Logitech?

thanks,
JUNKY

MadOne
November 27th, 2002, 07:56 PM
I use a the Microsoft Intellimouse corded mouse, not the cordless.

the only way to fly...

Cypher
November 27th, 2002, 08:19 PM
I use the IntelliMouse optical and LOVE it. Tyler digs the IntelliMouse Explorer, but it never caught on with me. I like the size, shape (symmetric), and button layout (an extra button on each side that you can hit with your thumb and pinky, but they typically dont get in the way and don't get clicked accidentally) of mine.

I'd like to try out one of the logitech dual opticals... I'm with Junky; someone please post a model number for us.

J2EE
November 27th, 2002, 09:19 PM
here's a model # for a dual optical logitech
M-BL63B

-FA- Th|3f
November 28th, 2002, 07:26 AM
i al using tht mouse i won at BFF it works pretty good
Nostromo N30

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 28th, 2002, 02:12 PM
i'm using a compaq, the one that came with comp..does a good mouse make that much diff?

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
November 28th, 2002, 02:19 PM
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=3&CONTENTID=4984&countryid=19&languageid=1

JUNKY
November 28th, 2002, 02:54 PM
$28.99 at mwave.com -- I'll order one soon.

J2EE
November 29th, 2002, 06:02 AM
that's a great price - they usually retail for around $40
still a lot cheaper than the cordless ones and much cheaper than the $100 I paid for my Boomslang

cool web site, have you ordered anything from them before?

SnAkEbItE
November 29th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Well I got a Microsoft Optical USB 5 button and I tell you it helped my game play a little probably would help more but it didn't have much to work with....lol...

Captain
November 29th, 2002, 01:31 PM
i the cheap rollerball from dell....LOL.....if i ever jump out in front of you and you never get hit....It because i got that lovely delightful super gum build up skip :) And u can be assured i have some choice words for it at the time :)

eNdOfBeGinNinG
December 2nd, 2002, 07:43 AM
Strat got me hooked on the dual optical.. its so w00t.. smooth, hits hand.. perfect for macro hax in cs.. man its saaaweet...derr

J2EE
December 2nd, 2002, 06:20 PM
I just got replaced my mouse with the dual optical - I took
the MX700 to the office

Cypher
December 2nd, 2002, 06:27 PM
and what do you think?

J2EE
December 2nd, 2002, 07:32 PM
it's a hell of a lot better than the mx700 and easier to use than my razor

Death-Speak
December 4th, 2002, 10:31 AM
I use the Optical IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0a (USB), its the silver right-handed 5 button type. It works better than any mouse I've ever used, including the Logitech Dual Optical.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==