PDA

View Full Version : What it takes to get to the Honey Hole!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 25th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Ok, for any of you duck hunters I know 2 great spots, one in the Black Bayou National Refuge and one in the Russell Sage WMA. The only problem is it won't be long till your going to need a good ride to get to the one in Russell Sage. This is what my trucked looks like after opening weekend of duck season going under I-20 to get to the honey hole.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 25th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Come on Andy...who you kidding? You're like a lil kid when it comes to mud. I'm guess that's from a puddle 18 inches wide and 4 inches deep...you just went through it about 60 times.

Scott ;)

IamTylerDurden
November 25th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Then honey hole?

EWWWWWW!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 25th, 2002, 04:31 PM
I saw that too but wasn't gonna say anything.....

Scott

Cypher
November 25th, 2002, 04:39 PM
that looks like every truck in the West Florence High School parking lot... Tyler should remember that...

Captain
November 25th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Sweet dude... I got some new Buckshots i wanna go try out someday..Nothing bad thought my 4 wheel drive doesnt work lol..

One Crazy Mofo
November 25th, 2002, 07:50 PM
I really must get my mind out of the gutter...

I thought he was about to go into a rant about pickup lines!

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 26th, 2002, 08:00 AM
i was there when he went through the 4 inch deep mud puddle...and it was 63 times

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 26th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Ok guys, it was slightly deeper than 4 inches and a little longer than 18 inches. Also if you look at this pic I was very close to going off into the bayou. Ahhh!!!! watch out for the wash out Andy, OMG H4X!

LA_MERC_Yankee
November 26th, 2002, 12:32 PM
kewl pic Andy. Were you driving or Tyler?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 26th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Nope as you can tell I was going through that area more than once. This shot is from just above the last pic. I was rutting it up to prevent others from getting back to my spot. STAY OUT!, LOL!

SnAkEbItE
November 26th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Good thing you had a FORD if it would have been anything else they would have had to call the same wrecker service that hauled off Yanke's wind up toy...lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 26th, 2002, 01:41 PM
And just to let you see the critters that make it all worth the fun. Look at these!

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 26th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by SnAkEbItE
Good thing you had a FORD if it would have been anything else they would have had to call the same wrecker service that hauled off Yanke's wind up toy...lol

:slp
:bigfart

You have confirmed your uber-b00n status with your statement! lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 27th, 2002, 12:24 AM
You know Robby I love GM but Ford has been the best selling truck for over 25 YEARS! I'm also going to have to say that to state that one is better than the other is an argument in futility in the fact that they're both damn good trucks. I can point serois pro's and con's either way. The end result is at the time you buy what LOOKS better to YOU and has the BEST PRICE! The fact that I got an inside deal on my truck and barely paid 22,000 for it and its full size with a Triton 4.6l V8 extended cab 4X4, special ordered to get all the exact features i wanted is the reason I drive Ford right now instead of GM. Not to mention I had a deal worked out with Superlift to get a 5" suspension kit FREE installed and also a 3" body lift FREE! And your in a lease. Come on, what are you a contractor!

Captain
November 27th, 2002, 02:15 AM
Yo man i'll take a little red toyota thru that creepin and rut it out soo bad you'll be better off taken a boat all the way up the Bayou...Toyota....Nothing is better :)

LA_MERC_Sniper
November 27th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by captain
...Toyota....Nothing is better :)
i would say i have to second that motion i 2 drive a toyota and as far as mudding in my truck wooohoo i like it it's so light it just glides through the nastiness while the full sizes are so heavy the only thing is there not going to pull what the others can :-(

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 27th, 2002, 06:42 AM
First of all, I wasn't saying one was better than the other, I was just making notice that you shouldn't say that... As snakebite did. Second of all, I leased because I wasn't sure if I would want to keep my truck. I have sionce decided I do, so I will. :p @ Andy LOL
Thridly, Toyota may roll through the mud fine... But that's because it is light... hence it will disintegrate when it hits something. Not to mention the interiors are about as fun as dropping your soap in prison!

;)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 27th, 2002, 07:16 AM
SO what your saying is you CHOSE to pay twice as much for your truck on the "rent-to-own" plan. Way to go there college boy...not an economics major I see. w00t!

Scott:p

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 27th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Actually.... No. True, I am floating a little extra financing costs, but the trade off was worth it in my book. Besides, with the way things work out for me the past few years, I try not to count on anything more than 3 months in the future...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 27th, 2002, 07:51 AM
No grief here buddy, I truely understand your point and reason for your lease. In your situation I would have done the same thing. I just had to poke the contractor joke at you. Also, guys I can respect toyota, BUT and this is a big BUT, it is not full size. If I wanted that aspect in a vehicle I would buy a sidekick or samari. You haven't seen a vehicle go through mud untill you've seen one like Adrian has that has 4" of lift running 33" mud terrains. It's like a huge 4-wheeler. And My big reason for not owning a toyota. IT'S NOT AMERICAN (and yes I realize parts for my truck come from mexico, made in Italy) Doh! But come on guys GM and FORD and even Chrystler are American companies. GO USA!

P.S. Any day Any Place I'll run my truck against any of yours, and well see who gets to the other side "Break on through to the other side, break on through, break on through!"

SnAkEbItE
November 27th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Ok i was just joshing about Ford didn't know it was that time of the month guy's....

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
November 27th, 2002, 10:04 PM
The biggest problem that I have with Toyota is that they are to small. I am a big man and I have no room in them. There for I stick with the full size trucks. I currently have a 2000 Chevy 4x4, but if I could get the truck that I want it would be a Ford F250 4 door 4x4 with a Powerstroke diesel.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==