PDA

View Full Version : How To Play?

Tracker
November 13th, 2002, 02:26 PM
If anyone would like to gives me some hints on CS,it would be greatly appreciated. I like the game alot, i just want to learn it alot more.
:blue:thanks mike

LA_MERC_Onji
November 13th, 2002, 02:40 PM
great guide for beginners:

http://csnation.counter-strike.net/view.php/csinfo/guide/

-FA- Th|3f
November 13th, 2002, 03:14 PM
god man MERCs keep getting new members i lose count of who these people are man.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 13th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Jealous?

just messing with ya

Tracker
November 13th, 2002, 05:16 PM
I am a noob, but I will learn fast. he he.

Corona
November 13th, 2002, 06:16 PM
First pointer n00b is spelled with zeros.... w00t

Corona
November 13th, 2002, 06:40 PM
oh and this webpage will help you decode our messages.. http://www.imanewbie.com/dictionary/dic-main.shtml

Tracker
November 13th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Thanks man i won't make that mistake again. n00b lol j/k

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 13th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Hint #1 Don't die.
Hint #2 Shoot at the other team
Hint #3 Repeat hints #1-2

Scott :D

Tracker
November 13th, 2002, 10:23 PM
I like your hints best of all. thanks Big_Brother

}{y|3ri|)
November 14th, 2002, 03:29 AM
rule #1 dont listen to BB....
rule #2 use your knife... guns are a waste of money and knife r0x0rs

w00t!

cd
November 14th, 2002, 04:09 AM
hybrid is right there

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 14th, 2002, 08:28 AM
on dark maps, make sure you buy a flashlight every round in case you need it.

;) j/k

just run around with your flashlight on so your teammates know where you are. lol

before you can expect to do decent in pub play -
learn the guns - how each one shoots, what guns to use for what situation etc.
learn the maps - know where the bomb sites are, the hostage rescue points, the choke points for rushes and major camping spots.
use your sound! listen for footsteps, enemy reloading, what type of gun the enemy has etc. when you get down to a couple people left, sound can make the difference in living and dying.

I used to have an old training map that was pretty cool. had a long firing range, a small room with targets all around, a mock up house with cardboard cut outs of bad guys all through it, and a mock town that had bad guys pop up in windows and on top of buildings. it was a great map for learning the guns. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Tracker
November 14th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Thanks Captain_Obvious, I would really like that. I think that would help me out a great deal.

Reign
November 14th, 2002, 12:49 PM
you have to buy flashlights? intresting
just get yourself some g00d h4x i'm sure your bro can support that..hehehehe

[Cajun] BigEasy
November 14th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Being that you'll be dead most of the rounds, take that time to watch the best players and learn from what they are doing. And don't try to learn every gun at once. Pick one and use it until you're good with it. I think the MP5 is the best to start with.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 14th, 2002, 02:43 PM
MP5 or M4 for CT and MP5 or Sig 550 for T. Really the best advice you can get is LEARN THE MAPS!! Stay at the back of the pack and if it splits up, stick with the larger group. You'll see where they go and where they hide.

With the guns, try to always use short bursts instead of spray and pray. Try to keep it under 6 shot bursts. If you want to use the AK47 cause it's cheap and powerful, keep it strictly to 4 or less shots at a time. Four hits=1 kill...even with armor. If you put them in the chest it only takes three. I would suggest staying away from the AK till you get better though....it's tough to aim acurately. Buy armor and a HE nade if you have the cash. Walk alot. Noise will get you killed and help you get more kills far more than you realize right now.
Most importantly...DON'T GET FRUSTRATED!! That will get you killed every single round...Good luck.

Scott

Tracker
November 14th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the advice Scott, Ill try to do just that.
thanks
mike

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 14th, 2002, 07:25 PM
I found 2 for you, I think the one I was talking about before is cs_acadamy. just click on the little download button and they should download.

http://wwww.counterstrikecenter.com/downloads/maps.phtml?id=81553&language=en

http://wwww.counterstrikecenter.com/downloads/maps.phtml?id=94660&language=en

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 15th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
MP5 or M4 for CT and MP5 or Sig 550 for T. Really the best advice you can get is LEARN THE MAPS!! Stay at the back of the pack and if it splits up, stick with the larger group. You'll see where they go and where they hide.

With the guns, try to always use short bursts instead of spray and pray. Try to keep it under 6 shot bursts. If you want to use the AK47 cause it's cheap and powerful, keep it strictly to 4 or less shots at a time. Four hits=1 kill...even with armor. If you put them in the chest it only takes three. I would suggest staying away from the AK till you get better though....it's tough to aim acurately. Buy armor and a HE nade if you have the cash. Walk alot. Noise will get you killed and help you get more kills far more than you realize right now.
Most importantly...DON'T GET FRUSTRATED!! That will get you killed every single round...Good luck.

Scott

Get a P90 & "Spray & Pray".

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 15th, 2002, 08:19 AM
:stu WRONG!!

Acuracy sux. It's not worth the extra money or extra bullets.

Scott

[Cajun] BigEasy
November 15th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Use nothing but the M3 and the Deagle. Master these weapons and you will be unstoppable.....or not

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 15th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Hey there is some good advice....pump shotty for a n00b. Sounds like someone is trying to pad his stats at someone elses expense.:D

Scott

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 15th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Big_Brother
:stu WRONG!!

Acuracy sux. It's not worth the extra money or extra bullets.

Scott
:stu

LOL!!
Don't need accuracy if you're rushing!!!
Those 20 extra bullets come in handy when the enemy needs to reload.
For those campers out there, you can't kill them if you can't see them! :P

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 15th, 2002, 11:34 AM
I'll take an MP5 vs your P90 any day, any map. Rush only works if they not expecting it. You gotta get close enough for it to be effective and then you might as well have an auto shotty. :p

Scott

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 15th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Rush works if the whole team rushes and the opponents don't.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 15th, 2002, 12:37 PM
mp5 is easy to learn and probably should be your first gun you focus on. it will sufice for most of the situations out there. if you want something more powerful that will go through walls, use the colt (less recoil than AK, faster reload time and rate of fire than aug and 552)

something else you can do now to immediatly help you is use buy scripts. will save you alot of time, help you get into position quicker, and spam HE's once in a while when the other team is pissin you off. ;)
there's a bunch of places you can get scripts at, I like the following couple of sites:

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~counter-script/index.php

http://csscripts.netfirms.com/
with the last one, you can combine everything (AK, Kevlar, HE, FB) in one bind/one button, or you can seperate out everything to have a seperate button for each.

just don't get frustrated, don't expect to be good anytime soon. I've played for over 2.5 years and I still get schooled sometimes. (ok, maybe more than sometimes)

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 15th, 2002, 12:45 PM
hell ive played for over 4 and i get schooled all the time....

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 15th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Man this game has been out that long!! :laugh:
I am the n00best of the n00bs, only been playing 8 months. :flash:

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 15th, 2002, 12:50 PM
yeap...been playing since beta1...and i still sux at it....:D

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 15th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Damn then I must really suck, cuz you owned me!!! :owned

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 15th, 2002, 01:42 PM
that's the sad thing about this game, it's been out since 6/19/99 and people are still adicted to it. I've played since 2/00, tried other games along the way, AvP2, SoF2, DoD, TFC, JK2, but I always come back to CS. once you start, it's hard to stop.

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 15th, 2002, 02:18 PM
UH...it came out in june of 98 not 99...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 15th, 2002, 03:13 PM
maybe so, I only started a few days before b6 came out, but I think HL just turned 4 about a week ago. csnation shows the following:
http://csnation.counter-strike.net/view.php/csinfo/version.csn

I never will understand how Siege is still an official map, been there since day 1 while so many better maps have come and gone.
pretty amazing to see how much assualt is still played being as old as it is with almost no updating. I wish I coulda played when the T's could plant the bomb anywhere on the map, that woulda been awsome. that and to have all the dropped guns remain on the ground for the entire map period.

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 15th, 2002, 04:39 PM
well i can tell you they are off somewhat...i started working at Thomas industries in August of 98 and i started playing it in September of 98...

Tracker
November 15th, 2002, 10:08 PM
well i guess i had better play 24-7 hehe

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==