PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my SoundBlaster LiveDrive

JUNKY
November 7th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Hey all,

I have a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Platinum with the Livedrive 2 IR front panel control, and with CS 1.3 and 1.4 I could use the front panel MIC and sound input and output , which was nice, cause I live in an apartment, and I only use my headset for sound late at night.

But along comes 1.5, and all of a sudden that front panel MIC input no longer will let me chat in game anymore--it works, I can use the MIC for other things through the front, and can record with it and such, but just not in game. I have to plug into the card itself to chat in game.

I've searched on counter-strike.net fourms, but I only found one other guy with the same issue (but with an audigy 2), and no one had a response for him.

If anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them......(other than the buy brand X soundcard and all will be better)

LAtes,
JUNKY

SnAkEbItE
November 7th, 2002, 07:14 AM
This is maybe a stupid question but have you tried to go through the audio set up again for voice over net under the cs directory? It's also in your start menu under CS. Just a suggestion. Have you looked at SB web site for a patch? They sometimes come out with them for games.

JUNKY
November 7th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Yes, and yes, and installed all new drivers last night to no avail.

LAtes,
JUNKY

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==