PDA

View Full Version : StratCat's new Car?

StratCat
October 27th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Ok guys Im faced with the task of Deciding what car I want so here is the poll I welcome your opinions

StratCat
October 27th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Ok cant do a poll im a boon, 2 choices are....
Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS or
Mitsubishi Eclips GTS spyder(convertable)
both are loaded and 2003

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 27th, 2002, 08:33 PM
get the spyder

Maximus
October 27th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Spyder

Omega_Prime
October 27th, 2002, 09:10 PM
get the one with the lowest price that way your not kicking yourself in the but when the bills start adding up also remember the insurance lol.

Dead
October 27th, 2002, 09:53 PM
:stu

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 27th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Where do you live??? DO you have a garage??

bighead
October 27th, 2002, 10:30 PM
he lives w/ mom and pop so he should be able to take the car payment

MadOne
October 27th, 2002, 11:53 PM
then get the spyder, it is a really nice car...unless it gets flooded like a friend of mine's..then it is worthless on the market...

Fragmonkee
October 28th, 2002, 09:24 AM
why would you want to get a 23,000 car?!?! the new wears off of the car after a few months. then it is a burden, that is why you see alot of nice sports cars on the market. buy one of those that some dude thought he could make the payment, but couldnt. i looked at a 2003 zx3 focus ( hatchback, 5 spd, premium stereo, sun roof, alloy wheels) and it was about 12,000. it was nice, and it was new, the payments were only 240 a month and insurance was around 200 a month. think about that, 440 a month to drive a car??? im going to stick with my 94 nissan altima for now (lol at least until it dies) but i only pay 120 for the car and 43 for the insurance, and it dont look bad at all, nor is the payment kicking my ass.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 28th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Good point. For 23,000 you can get a trick 68 Chevelle or GTo and turn alot more heads than in a Mitubishi. Plus you can actually work on the thing yourself without having an astrophysics dergree.

Scott

StratCat
October 28th, 2002, 07:47 PM
THanks for the opinions guys but it is going to be the Eclipse I had one of the older ones and for me there is not another car i would even want. As for the payments, that wont be a problem , Ill have enought left over still to take your girlfriends out w00t

LA_MERC_Sniper
October 28th, 2002, 07:52 PM
you dummy let chris and dean get you one dont buy a new one you boon you will lose your arse trust me im a car salesman well i used to be lol DONT BUY NEW buy used low miles

StratCat
October 28th, 2002, 08:03 PM
they are crackhead you b00n lol

JUNKY
October 28th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Subaru WRX, or VW Jetta 1.8 Turbo -- either one will get you 2 things the Mitsu won't -- a usable back seat, and a car that actually handles well.

Or the Acura RSX is nice if you want the 2 door sports coupe --less duckets than the Eclipse.

I don't have anything against the Misu if that's what you're dead set on, but drive other cars first.

Just my opinion though.

-FA- Th|3f
October 29th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Mitsubishi Eclips GTS spyder(convertable) , and say nothing about my sister or else

Fragmonkee
October 29th, 2002, 08:28 AM
02 focus svt baby! looks and speed...round 200 hps 6 spd tranny..smoke the piss outta that eclipse :)

Corona
October 29th, 2002, 02:05 PM
i ride my bicycle...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 29th, 2002, 02:42 PM
(using best Freddy Mercury voice) I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE!!!

BIIIIICYCLE!!! BIIIIICYCLE!!!

Scott

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 29th, 2002, 02:51 PM
lol!!!!

Lt.Dan
October 29th, 2002, 04:08 PM
NO NO, u need a truck so when b00ns pull out in front of u this happens, booooooom, and u walk away with out a scratch, now the person u hit, doh, you dont want to be them

Disorder
October 29th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Here we have the eclipse:

3.0L displacement
single overhead cam (SOHC)
V6 cylinder configuration
gas engine
24 valves
210 hp @ 5750 rpm
205 ft-lbs. @ 3750 rpm

And here we have the SVT Focus:

2.0L displacement
double overhead cam (DOHC)
inline 4 cylinder configuration
gas engine
16 valves
variable valve timing
170 hp @ 7000 rpm
145 ft-lbs. @ 5500 rpm

30 more horses and 60 more ft-pounds...
i dont quite see an svt smoking much of anything except maybe a civic ex. Also, learn to drive really good and get stickey tires and the stock eclipse will break into the 14's.

StratCat
October 29th, 2002, 08:42 PM
w00t Disorder is kewl he is my new favorite Merc, lol hey man you need to Get with Auto he is seriously in to tricking an eclipse out. he is oing to buy one of the older body style ones soon gsx

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 29th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Stratcat, I had a 1998 Eclipse GSX fully loaded... Ask Yankee, Dagodagger, Adnyconda... the girl would fly!!!! I got her up to 140 on a lonely piece of road before I got scared. I made the trip from Calhoun to Ruston in 10 minutes with Andy and he was like WTF? We're here already?!?

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!! STAY AWAY!!!! Get a BIG vehicle that will survive impacts well. Listen to LT DAn. I ran my Irish luck to an all time low!!!!

JUNKY
October 29th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Disorder
Here we have the eclipse:

3.0L displacement
single overhead cam (SOHC)
V6 cylinder configuration
gas engine
24 valves
210 hp @ 5750 rpm
205 ft-lbs. @ 3750 rpm

And here we have the SVT Focus:

2.0L displacement
double overhead cam (DOHC)
inline 4 cylinder configuration
gas engine
16 valves
variable valve timing
170 hp @ 7000 rpm
145 ft-lbs. @ 5500 rpm

30 more horses and 60 more ft-pounds...
i dont quite see an svt smoking much of anything except maybe a civic ex. Also, learn to drive really good and get stickey tires and the stock eclipse will break into the 14's.

My money would still be on the SVT --- the eclipse is a heavy touring car -- over 3200 pounds -- the SVT is a car designed to be driven hard, and it weighs about 2600 pounds. The SVT doesnt need any mods, it already has a performance suspension, 17 inch rims, racing exhaust and so on -- plus for the price difference in the 2 cars you could add the $2500 Jackson Racing Supercharger (Which I believe can be installed by a SVT dealer and still be under factory warranty) and boost the Focus into the 225 hp range, and come out on top in price and performance.

But the Eclipse is a bigger car,lot more room in it--and more comfortable to drive than the SVT's lowered suspension and stuff will ever be. Look at the Eclipse owners you see ont he road--around here it's about 90% female -- not calling it a girls car, but it's a bigger sporty car, and chicks dig that. I've driven the GT, both in manual and the sportmatic shifting -- by all means if you want to have a quick one, get the manual--the sportmatic stuff is nothing but a manual transmission that you tell it when to decide to shift--I hated it for the way it still decided to shift when it felt like it.

But I used to autocross, I raced on an amateur level, And if I were picking a car to start autocrossing again, it's either the SVT, or the VW GTI. I have more fun with the smaller cars that are more suited to that sort of racing.

But buy what you like, and congratulations on the choice--I just bought a new truck a few months back, and trust me car payments are a pain, but you have to get there somehow right -- and I did buy used - low mileage, and that's how I will buy again if at all possible.

LAtes,
JUNKY

cd
October 30th, 2002, 02:19 AM
Im gonna have to agree with Junky... after actually driving a 1.8 T Jetta... those haul ass... and are definetly worth the money.

Disorder
October 30th, 2002, 09:45 AM
heres a comparison

http://autos.yahoo.com/compare/compare_over.html?count=3&cmpCar1=mitsubishi03eclipsespydergts&cmpCar2=ford03svtfocushatchback900a

on this the eclipse weighs 500lbs more but theres a bunch of different weights listed for the eclipse on different sites. the svt might give it a good run but im biased towards the eclipse.....

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
October 30th, 2002, 12:21 PM
The Eclipse is kewl, my cousin has his suped up to 450hp, but it's not meant for ANY long distance driving, very uncomfortable.
Get the new H1 from Hummer, that is kewl!!!

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 30th, 2002, 12:25 PM
lol...the company that i work for, along with Andyconda, Gibletgrinder, Duckman, Viper, Canuck, Destroyer, FreakofNature, Fireball, Phantom, Goldeneye, makes a compressor pump for the Hummer...

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
October 30th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Hmm I dunno now, the Hummer may have faulty compressors, based on the fact that Mercy works for that company and he seems to be on forums all day (dang 34+ posts per day)!!!:D
I see so many them on the streets already, dang rich city slickers. That's why there's no parking in NYC.

MrAuto
October 31st, 2002, 02:33 PM
With the write hands under this hood of a turbo eclipse,and about $5000 cash....You can head hunt any car.

Disorder
October 31st, 2002, 03:16 PM
I just got the new Gtech pro competition and it is amazing. It tells you basically everything you want to know. 1/4 mile 1/8th mile, 60 ft time, 0-60 time, g's, rpm's, and has a built in shift light, and a bunch of other stuff. im putting about 175hp to the ground and about 190ft pounds. It also gives you a graph of your run which is badazz. i havent gotten the chance to do a real run yet i just stopped in the middle of the interstate and launched from there but im hopeing to go out later tonight and get on one of the less occupied roads and go for a few 1/4 runs. i only got to do an 1/8th mile run and it sucked cause i was half off the road so i spun all through 1st but pulled a 10.09 or something like that. i know i can go faster than that. 60ft time was like 2.9, 0-60 was like 7.

One Crazy Mofo
November 5th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Do what I did in HS

Buy Buick Regal
Take out engine and tranny
Put in: 350 bored .60
11:1 forged pistons
.510 lift cam
Performer RPM heads and intake
Holley 650 double pumper carb
Ford 9 inch rear end with 383 gears
700 r4 Shift kit tranny

Now, assemble and Piss off all the other kids in town!

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 6th, 2002, 11:21 AM
That's great if you want to go in a straight line, no try turning at 70mph:eek:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==