PDA

View Full Version : Navy

cd
October 24th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I'm going into the NAVY... I took a practice ASVAB and because of the score on that he said generally people get 15-20 higher on actual thing I could probably qualify for any school, including nuclear power. d4s w00t

bighead
October 24th, 2002, 03:40 PM
w00t. congrats bro..don't get sea sick

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
October 24th, 2002, 03:51 PM
I scored a 99 on the ASVAB, I would have started out above rank than most people and could actually had any job I wanted. hehe, I actually asked if I could have had the job as the person with the "Red" button. *push it, push it, I dare u"

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 24th, 2002, 04:03 PM
lol...congrats corbin...

cd
October 24th, 2002, 05:28 PM
thanks

LA_MERC_RiverRat
October 24th, 2002, 06:15 PM
w00t! I did the same thing corbin...i took the practice before the real one when i joined...I got around 87 or so on the practice and when i took the real one i got a 104

good luck - just dont stress out over it and you'll do fine :)

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 24th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Congrats Corbin. Don't make me regulate Toby with my asvab scores from '91!!! w00t

cd
October 24th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Any bases in New Orleans.... may have to become drinkin buddy's with Dirge

LA_MERC_Yankee
October 24th, 2002, 09:45 PM
So you don't want to drink with me? I guarantee you I could hang longer than Dirge. :cool:

Congrats on the test. Be sure to think twice about Nuke School. My brother went into that program and he said it was extremely hard. Some of the officers said that nuke school is even harder than the academy. Best of luck in your decisions/endeavors

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 24th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Lies Yankee, let's go get fishbowls!!!!! New Orleans Naval Station plus Belle Chasse Naval Air Station! w00t Let's go to Pat O's!!!

LA_MERC_Yankee
October 24th, 2002, 11:59 PM
Now lets talk about the fishbowl day. Let's see I drank most of the day while you slept on the boat recovering from the night before. The fishbowl was just the icing on the cake. :D

MadOne
October 25th, 2002, 12:16 AM
good luck Corbin..

cd
October 25th, 2002, 01:54 AM
thanks all of you... Dirge dude you still owe me a beer too...

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 25th, 2002, 07:17 AM
That's cool Ryan, best of luck to you in whatever you choose to do.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 25th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Thanks for your service to this great country.
I hope you know how much we all appreciate and
respect your decision.

Omega_Prime
October 25th, 2002, 09:18 AM
ryan no dont go they will steal your soul ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh o well whatever you want good luck to ya.

Daedelus
October 25th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Yeah i had one friend that whent to that nuke school in fla. but check this out he had to go to another school before that toght him how to studdy for nuke school lol and he washed out when he got to it lol.well its not to late to sign up for the Marine Corps Corby i think you would make a great marine,Good luck in all your endevors and keep us posted on hows it going.

Gibletgrinder
October 25th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Corbin,
Congratulations on your choice of doing service for your country first before trying to go out to make your career. It is an excellent opportunity to do some growing up at this stage of your life. I personally believe all young men and women ought to serve 2 years minimum in the service of their country. In addition, the benefits from service will follow you your entire life (VA loans and such). Read carefully what happens to a drop out in the nuclear program (IE you swab decks on ships, your MOS is determined by the Navy if you flunk out.) Just check out the consequences before signing up. Just remember its unlikely you could fail, but you must be able to live we the consequences if it happens. Just be careful with that program. I know also many men who joined the nuke program and later went to Tech for they are engineering degrees. These guys did very well in classes to. Just remember there is an upside and downside to everything in life and its what we decide to do in these circumstances that will determine the outcome. Remember the statistical average lifetime expectancy of a “Jarhead” is 8 seconds in combat during WWII during beach landings. Just thought you would like to know.

Good luck in your future endeavors in the Navy, remember to keep your faith and pray often, whether in trouble and especially during the good times.

Your friend in Christ,
Robert Ransom
AKA “Gibletgrinder”

Fragmonkee
October 28th, 2002, 09:34 AM
out of morbid curiosity how did you score a 104?!?!?!?!?! the asvab is out of a 100. you need a 32 to pass, and above a 60 to get what job you want. now the GT score you can score over a hundred ( i believe you can get up to a 140, but i got well over 100 on my gt score, and a 88 on the asvab. hey corbin why would you want to join the navy. it has no feeling to it, when you tell someone you were in the navy they say so, now tell em you were a marine ;) you see where i m getting at. lol im just kiddin for all you navy folk out there. jeez ill pr0lly get flamed for this one, but hey what can i say...lol it had to be said.

lates,
pfc laha
"yes we are a department of the navy (marines), although it is the mens department"

Fragmonkee
October 28th, 2002, 09:38 AM
hey giblet must i quote behind enemy lines again?!??!?! everyone thinks that they can punch a nazi in the face on the beaches of normandy, but those days are over, they are long gone. how true is that? go watch pearl harbor and tell me what you think. ill take a 7.62 round before i would suffocating in the hull of a battleship (i.e. arizona). i dont know it must be just me, but i dont want to be stuck on a boat for months on end patrolling the friendly oceans, while ole fat tom starts lookin me over. id say there would be lots of sailors missing pieces when i got off that boat. heh.

Fragmonkee
October 28th, 2002, 09:45 AM
lol and one more thing. i scored a 50 on the asvab practice and got an 88 on the real one. oh and if you do go into nuclear, it is considered N.B.C. (nuclear, biological, and chemical) TRUST ME it sucks more than you can ever imagine. the N.B.C. guys here told me all the phun stuff that they had to do, including the gas chamber with VX gas (yes the stuff from "the rock".) for 3 hrs, and if they touch their gas masks they are considered a casualty. they are then covered in charcoal and rushed off to the hospital and injected with every shot known to man. last week we had N.B.C. training, in which we had to put on our MOPP suits and do jumping jacks in the gas chamber... it sucked. but it might be right up your alley, even though i didnt much care for it, specially the hikes with the m40 gas mask on...it suk0rz more than you can possably imagine...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==