PDA

View Full Version : Rifle?

LA_MERC_FragFood
December 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
OK, I was going to wait a while to go this route, but after the Newtown massacre, it's gonna be hard to pick up anything that even looks like an AR-15 or Bushmaster. If I need to grab something before they're gone, what do y'all recommend? Want to stay with .223 to keep costs lower, but have virtually no experience with the customizable long arms.

Ideas? Suggestions? Warnings?

LA_MERC_Tugboats
December 17th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I have a friend that can get you any rifle you want....legally. Take a look...http://www.dylmararms.com/

LA_MERC_FragFood
December 17th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Appreciate the link. You know this guy? I was also looking for any recommendations, good or bad, about different makes/models, and I wouldn't want to buy any way BUT legally.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 18th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Frag, you could get an AR-15 from Wal-Mart if they sell them in your area. The Sig Sauer M400 is a nice rifle for the price.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
December 18th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I have had a few AR-15's, some high end big-name ones, and some cheap ones. The one that I kept is the one in my profile pic. Its a DPMS(Panther Arms) .223 AR-15. My favorite by far. Some here will probably argue that Smith and Wesson, Ruger, Colt, etc...etc... are the BEST around, but that's a bunch of hogwash. To be honest, the quality of most brands are the same. In my opinion, and with my experience in the field, I would take my DPMS back out into the bush with me over any other I have had. Never had a jam, fully customizable, and the price is right. Got mine brand new with 2 30 rd clips, and a case for $600.00 about a year ago. Was a base model, top rail and extendable stock no sights. I added a few scopes, a quad-rail, a foregrip, bipod, a few 50 rd clips, and some iron sights for peanuts later on.

LA_MERC_Tugboats
December 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Appreciate the link. You know this guy? I was also looking for any recommendations, good or bad, about different makes/models, and I wouldn't want to buy any way BUT legally.

Yeah, he is an older gentleman that lives next door to me. They can supply everything needed for concealed carry, training...etc...blah blah blah. I trust him, but hey, I also call Baco my friend, so my credibility is basically shat......

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
December 18th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah, he is an older gentleman that lives next door to me, and makes me wiggle on his lap. They can supply everything needed for concealed carry, training, French Ticklers, Mule Dongs, Ice Cream...etc...blah blah blah. I trust him, but hey, I also call Baco my friend, so my credibility is basically shat......

Woah.... You may want to move.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==