PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice On A Laptop

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Well this the one my Wife wants to to get what do yall think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230582

She needs it for work, and shes use to working with dual monitors so I figured working from home a 17 inch is about as good as shes going to get.

well, that is except for my 18 inch... but that's a different story :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 3rd, 2012, 07:05 AM
BUMP Diddy BUMP BUMP :)

LA_MERC_Spark
December 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
I have an asus with a 17" screen.. I like it. I've purchased 4 for work. One of them had the screen go out relatively quickly, but besides that they are all still trucking along with decent battery life.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 4th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the response Spark, I was going to get her one a while back, but we decided against spending the money. Well she's been promoted to the billing manager and along with that came some incentive to get her this laptop.... its either, work from home some in the evenings or else I will never see her again. I'm going for the laptop :)

I was hoping you guys would give some feed back on ones you've had experience with :)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 4th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I don't like the 5400 rpm hard drive. Why are they still putting those slow drives in anything? Also, get her a regular monitor and she can use the regular monitor and the laptop monitor in a dual screen setup with the laptop as the secondary screen. Maybe even a dock or port replicator which would make it easier to disconnect everything to travel with it.

LA_MERC_goose
December 5th, 2012, 05:13 AM
I'm with T4rg3t ... I have two laptop setups for work at home, both with 22" monitors ... it makes a huge difference. Granted I didn't get to choose the laptops but they do what I need them to do.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 6th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Good point on the 5400 rpm hard drive, it didn't really jump out at me when I was looking at the specs. I could see it having slow response times. So far as dual set up, she will be using this in the bed room sitting on the bed, this is the only other place in a single wide mobile home she can go and work without distractions, so there will be no desktop to work off of. Setting up an external monitor is not an option, this is why I was shooting for the 17 in deal. :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==