PDA

View Full Version : LAN

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 10th, 2012, 09:38 AM
So I've been talking to a few MERCS and we were thinking about putting a N.O. LAN together for early next year. Maybe February? Just a regular rent-a-room, eat crap, drink beer, watch movie, shoot each other in the head LAN. No sponsor crappola to deal with, no complicated schemes, just MERC nonsence.....with a side of Hooters :p

Just trying to get an idea of who may be interrested so we can start planning. I'm planning on getting SOMETHING together regardless of how many we have.

Go ahead and post any thoughts....that is, if anyone around here can still muster one up :p

Barry

PS: Conda, I pulled out the Purple Heart and am polishing it up for a "get out of jail free card" :p

LA_MERC_goose
October 10th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I'm down with 'dat! :D

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Sounds great... a great way off :(

With the plans the Miss's has made for the coming winter months its very unlikely but I hope for Merc sake yall get one together.. post up some pics... just please no tea bagging of the conda pics :stick

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Ok, so Goose looks like he may be a go, and Yeller is still trying to find where his wife hid his shriveled up little rasins after she cut em off. :gimli: Anyone else?

....you know I love you Yeller :p

LA_MERC_Tugboats
October 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Im in!......... Midnite circle jerk, Baco is the pivot man

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 10th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Im in!......... Midnite circle jerk, Baco is the pivot man

Well, I kinda have to be. I don't move around the room so well anymore :p

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I'm in. Let's make this happen.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I'm in. Let's make this happen.

Sweet. I know that LA_MERC_DIESEL will probably be in, so potentially, about 6-7 yesses, and 1 "I lost my manhood a long time ago".

We are gonna make this happen, Doc. One way or another. Still have to talk to Conda, he hasnt been on in a couple of nights.

LA_MERC_Spark
October 11th, 2012, 07:57 AM
been down with this for a long time.. let me know where you are thinking.. used to like the days inn LANs on Causeway.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM
been down with this for a long time.. let me know where you are thinking.. used to like the days inn LANs on Causeway.

Yeah, Days Inn screwed us, Spark. The last one was pretty nice over at the Marriot, or whatever that one behind the Galleria is. Don't worry though, Spark....I'll make some 3 day old chili just for you :p

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I'm down with it, but I will be in Colorado from Feb 9th through Feb 13th. If it's not around that I'm there. And yes, bring the bling, Andy constantly needs help from authoritative figures.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 11th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I was thinking toward the end of Feb to put a little distance from the holidays. Don't worry, bud. Its not a LAN till you get t-bagged ;p

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
BTW....let any MERCs you are in contact with know about this. Lets get the word out!

LA_MERC_Spark
October 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I am down with wherever.. chili is an absolute MUST! Keep me in the loop if you need some funds or help generating a list oh must haves. I wanted this to go down last year :D

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 11th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I am down with wherever.. chili is an absolute MUST! Keep me in the loop if you need some funds or help generating a list oh must haves. I wanted this to go down last year :D

Yep...me too :) I've been looking forward to another LAN for some time. Its been too long. We all had to ruin our lives by having kids and such :p I am determind to make this happen, even if its just 3 of us in a hotel room with a couple of Commodore 64's and a 40 of Schlitz :p

We will get the financial info out once we get things locked down. I'm planning on minimizing costs as much as possible. I know we all have families to support, so we will go as "bare bones" as possible. I just dont want to go the sponsor route and all that. Too complicated, and not worth the effort for the small group we will have. We will get a conferrence room somewhere, and peeps can sleep in there, or get a room, or share a room with 3 other smelly MERCS :p

LA_MERC_Spark
October 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM
exactly! I have thousands of feet of patch cable and switches at the office. If we could get a hall somewhere where we could fire up a grill that would be nice.. worse comes to worse, we can clear out the living room in my crib! lol!

LA_MERC_goose
October 11th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I'm down with it, but I will be in Colorado from Feb 9th through Feb 13th. If it's not around that I'm there. And yes, bring the bling, Andy constantly needs help from authoritative figures.

Oddly enough I may be in Denver Feb. 10-15 ... preLAN drunken-ness? :nana

LA_MERC_Nutria
October 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Nooch crackers are a go

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Nooch crackers are a go

Awesome, Nooch! I'll bring your mama...she hasn't seen you in awhile and she is getting tired of washing my drawers.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I still have my marbles, they'er in a jar on my wifes desk at work,, she brings them home from time to time when she wan'ts me to help her with the baby making process.

I'm ok with it all, after all i'm still living, she hasn't cut my head off yet. As long as I keep her happy she promised me she wouldn't do that. Its a good life, i get to sleep under the stairs and sometimes I even get to eat dinner at the table. Who wouldn't want a life like that, its so great. peace and quite as long as I'm good.

All Kidding aside, this little guy comes first. I know you guys get where i'm coming from.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/yellowdog02/IMG-20120908-00157_zpsabfcf16c.jpg

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Awww....well, we know he doesnt take after you since he's cute :p Mine are gonna be 12 and 8 in December. Enjoy the time you have with them while they are young. Time flies fast.

Here are mine....soooo cute :)

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/barrybacon73/bw.jpg

LA_MERC_Spark
October 11th, 2012, 03:31 PM
lol!

LA_MERC_Onji
October 11th, 2012, 04:18 PM
hey peeps. baco pointed me here. spoke to the wife, and she gave me a GO for late feb so i'm most likely in!

also:
nooch crackers = fkin awesome!
nooch crackers + wings + andy's kahlua = baaaaad

LA_MERC_Spark
October 11th, 2012, 04:22 PM
ah this is GOOOD news indeed!!! you dragging anyone else from that area with you?

LA_MERC_Onji
October 11th, 2012, 04:23 PM
ah this is GOOOD news indeed!!! you dragging anyone else from that area with you?

trying to talk lancer (drifter) into it.

LA_MERC_Tugboats
October 11th, 2012, 04:46 PM
hey peeps. baco pointed me here. spoke to the wife, and she gave me a GO for late feb so i'm most likely in!

also:
nooch crackers = fkin awesome!
nooch crackers + wings + andy's kahlua = baaaaad

Awesome Onji! See if you can drag PawPaws raggedy butt into it:)

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 11th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Looking at possibly Feb 22-24th. Mardi Gras is the 12th, so that would give us time to get rid of all the unwanted visitors :p I may actually try to get there on Thursday if there are any other takers. We could get the conferrence room for fri-sun and maybe hit N.O. thursday night? Just a thought.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 14th, 2012, 11:46 PM
So after talking to some hotels, they suggest we try for mid March so they can cut us a better deal. Feb is pretty much a no specials month because of Mardi Gras, apparently. So how does the weekend of March 15-17 sound? Any conflicts for anyone?

LA_MERC_Spark
October 15th, 2012, 07:49 AM
good to me for sure.. I was talking to Dirge this weekend.. he's down too me thinks.. which may mean a huge pot of smothered cabbage! :D

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 15th, 2012, 09:14 AM
good to me for sure.. I was talking to Dirge this weekend.. he's down too me thinks.. which may mean a huge pot of smothered cabbage! :D

Spark+Baco-Chili+Dirge-Cabbage= Armageddon

I'll try to find my old MOP4 chemical suit :p

I hope those dates work out for everyone. I want to start schmoozing a deal from the hotel :p

Looks like Tugs, Frag, and Conda are all ok with those dates.

March 15-17 sounds like a weeeeeiner so far :) :mardigras

LA_MERC_Spark
October 15th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Dirge is the worst man.. fuker stained the headliner in my truck this weekend with that volatile ass...

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 15th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Dirge is the worst man.. fuker stained the headliner in my truck this weekend with that volatile ass...

I dont know, bud....my eyes still have chemical burns from the nuclear winter you caused on the last day of the last LAN when you "broke through the crust" on the 3 day old chili, and declared war on all life forms within a 6 mile radius :p

LA_MERC_Spark
October 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM
lol! Hey man.. that chili was just about ready at that point.. :D

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Well, I've got the new dates down on my calendar and I'm planning to be there Friday night and Saturday.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 17th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Well, I've got the new dates down on my calendar and I'm planning to be there Friday night and Saturday.

Great Doc! Really looking forward to it. Looks like we are gonna have a bunch of old, and new faces there.

I will give more details as soon as I get them.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
October 17th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I got cleared to come for that time frame, flying is not in budget however, so this is where some mangy dog says, " Hey Sling, come pick me up in Flo town and we will ride together" hint hint wink wink nudge nudge

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 18th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I got cleared to come for that time frame, flying is not in budget however, so this is where some mangy dog says, " Hey Sling, come pick me up in Flo town and we will ride together" hint hint wink wink nudge nudge

I think that mangy dog has been neutered :p

LA_MERC_goose
October 18th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I guess since none of the SC MERCs have decided to go I'll have to drive 'The Short Bus' alone. =D

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 18th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Ummm....I think you were meant to RIDE on the short bus, Goose, not DRIVE it ;)

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/barrybacon73/th.jpg

LA_MERC_goose
October 18th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I own the short bus ... I drive, therefor I ride. :D

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
October 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
goose, would you be interested in riding together?

LA_MERC_goose
October 18th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Where you is?

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
October 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM
wilmington NC- I could route your way

LA_MERC_RiverRat
October 18th, 2012, 03:46 PM
WEWT!!! Looks like me and my wife may POSSIBLY be attending so as of right now count us in and I will keep y'all updated...

LA_MERC_RiverRat
October 18th, 2012, 03:48 PM
update from my wife...LMFAO! We need a date as soon as possible so I can reserve our RCI hotel -- we have a time share :-)

We have to reserve our hotel or bank our points by november or we lose the points from this year and won't be able to use the points I banked from last year...

Jayfitz: no def dates yet, but they are looking at mar 15-17
Laurie: we'll see
Laurie: I have to find out when Sam's TKD tourney is in March
Jayfitz: ok... so i can say we possibly will attend?
Laurie: possibly
Jayfitz: kk
Laurie: actually...you'll be due for your 6 month check up that month
Jayfitz: in new orleans?
Laurie: so...bump that from possibly to probably
Laurie: yes
Jayfitz: sweet

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
WEWT!!! Looks like me and my wife may POSSIBLY be attending so as of right now count us in and I will keep y'all updated...

Awesome, bud! Well, since we seem to have a tentatively good group, I'll go talk to the hotel peeps. They did mention that we may have to pay to install CO2 scrubbers in the air vents if Spark and Dirge show up :p

I will get some info together shortly. BTW a few of us will be heading to the hotel on Thursday the 14th to kick things off. Probably wont get the conference room until Friday, but we will see what they will do for us. We left a pretty good taste in their mouths after the last one we had there in 09, so hopefully someone there remembers that we cleaned up etc etc. (Good taste, terrible smell :p) I will set up a paypal acct, or if those who have control are still around, we can use the old merc one. :strain

LA_MERC_goose
October 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM
wilmington NC- I could route your way

I'll confirm the closer it gets ... but I don't see why not. :booyah:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==