PDA

View Full Version : Flashback: Hurricane in NOLA

|Team Moped| Kripto
August 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I haven't been here in quite a while, but I wanted to wish luck to everyone in the path of this hurricane.

I played 1.6 real hard in college when Katrina hit. LAMERC servers always had the best pings for me, but my computer at the time couldn't make the move to Source and I lost touch. I made a lot of friends and many of you were experiencing the storm first hand. I was glued to these forums getting updates with pictures, it was better then any news station. I even remember someone was holding the fort in the NOLA Airport and was able to keep their internet up the whole time.

Hopefully Isaac doesn't amount to much and all the new precautions hold up.

Stay Safe!

-John

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 29th, 2012, 01:15 AM
That was Yankee at the airport. We had a big LAN planned that weekend in NOLA and my wife and I had plane tickets for 2 days after Katrina hit. I remember asking if we should still come not realizing (no one did at that point) HOW SEVERE the devastation was......just WOW!

Good luck all you NOLAites. Keep your head down and your ass dry.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 29th, 2012, 09:26 AM
And stay the hell out of the 9th ward!!

LA_MERC_Spark
August 30th, 2012, 08:58 PM
still no power :-/

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 31st, 2012, 06:53 AM
Hopefully they will get the AC turned on for you guys today. My in laws are without power down there as well. Seems that the pumps kept going and the new system held. Any major flooding in the metro area? I know that down south of N.O. they caught it hard.

Hang in their Spark!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 31st, 2012, 11:06 AM
Good to hear things are holding together down there. My best to all!

LA_MERC_Spark
August 31st, 2012, 02:12 PM
no flooding here.. LaPlace, down south, and north shore got water I hear. We are still in the dark.. and now the clouds are gone... H O T!!!

Captain
September 8th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I never lost power in port allen! w00t

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==