PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars The Old Republic

LA_MERC_Maverick
August 8th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Well, this seems as good a place as any...

As we all know, SWTOR, is due out later this year, and looks like it might actually be a good game, since Bioware is creating it. That being said....

I GOT MY BETA INVITE TODAY!!!! w00t!:metal:

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 8th, 2011, 08:14 PM
These mythical "beta invites" come as what, emails? Popups? Origin notices?

LA_MERC_Maverick
August 8th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Got an email from Bioware with a link to accept the invitation, which then linked me to the game install. Installing it now. Taking forever, one of those "small initial downloads, then hours to download each piece as you need it"

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 10th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Is there a way into the Beta?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Sadly, iot doens't have what i'm looking ofr in an MMO. The ORIGINAL SWG before Sony sodomized it with a rusty chainsaw was great.

Skill based NOT class based
Sandbox NOT linear and scripted
Had fully interactive player housing
MASSIVE and IMMERSIVE (though tedious to grind up) crafting

I want to be able to make the baddest weapon ever seen in game then when it decays be able to hang it on my wall before it perma-breaks.

It KILLS me that almost 10 years ago in the early stages of MMORPG games Sony created a game so diverse and immersive that was just simply in need of some tweeking and bug fixes yet managed to FUBAR it in les than 2 years because WoW exploded on the scene. (hows that for a run on sentence). Now in 2011, nearly every game has migrated to the WoW format. STOP IT!

I realize that the game was a massive coding nightmare but I can't beleive that with todays technology and huge dev companies that SOMETHING similar cant be made.
Let me re-phrase....I can't believe that it wouldn't be cost effective to make becaus ethat player base has only matured since SWG.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 29th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I found a game that is not what SWG was but is at least somewhat interesting for the moment. It is called Xsyon (sigh-on). It is a sandbox game where the players have near total control over the enviroment. Everything is made from scratch and you absolutely MUST make friends to get the stuff you need.

It is VERY young and slow going because it is made by an indie dev company with a total of 3 programers. It has an amazing amount of potential but it is aways away yet. The other suck part is you have to cough up $40 +$15mo to play. Combat is very uninspired but I play it for the other aspects so I don't mind that too much.

/rantoff

SnAkEbItE
September 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
I agree with CFH, I miss the days of the SWG pre NGE those where cool days...

LA_MERC_Heater
September 18th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I enjoyed SWG in the beginning too... They messed it up with all the changes, but i will tell you i got my beta invite about the same time as Mavrick and I love this TOR from Biowares.. The fourth pillar of story is awesome..You will just have to trust me.

LA_MERC_Drax
September 19th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I got my Diablo 3 beta going, that's gonna occupy me for quite a while :)

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 19th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Oh man, oh man, oh man. If you get a chance to refer a friend....I'd love to get an invite (to Diablo 3 that is).

LA_MERC_Drax
September 19th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I got in on friends and family, but make sure you are opted in for Betas on your Battle.net account, otherwise even if i refered you, you'd never get it. So fill check the opt in!

LA_MERC_Heater
December 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Well can not wait for the game to kick off on the 13th...Anyone else going to be in the early access? Not sure which sever I will be on, but will let anyone know if you plan on playing the game too.

LA_MERC_Heater
December 16th, 2011, 08:59 PM
On Veela Sever if anyone is on..

SnAkEbItE
January 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I'm playing SWTOR and all in all it's not bad, the actual RPG aspect of cut scenes for every thing for right now is really nice not a ton of reading through text to get what you need. The voice acting is weird though, Empire is most part British and Republic is well "Redneck" or Southern if you will. All in all I'm enjoying the game quite allot.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==