PDA

View Full Version : 2 issues, so step up and see just how good you are :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 31st, 2011, 06:51 PM
Well,

1. My wife's Yahoo account sends out the random e-mail to her contacts with a link you don't want to click on. So how do you go about detecting what bug is causing this to happen. I've run Security Essentials full scan, Malware Bytes and spybot SD. with no results?

2. I have a DVD from a funeral home that was created for my cousin Johns funeral and I was asked to copy it so I could make a few extras for the family. The issues I'm having is when I try to copy and past the videoTS and audioTS folders windows transfer widow displays copying 123GB..WTF ?

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT GUYS :)

LA_MERC_Onji
August 1st, 2011, 06:56 AM
#1 http://gizmodo.com/5253710/no-more-excuses-grandpa-gmail-now-imports-mail-and-contacts-from-hotmail-yahoo-and-aol

#2 That's just weird. Have you tried it on multiple PC's?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 1st, 2011, 11:39 AM
1, Ok you try and convince my wife of that one.

2, no i haven't yet.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM
2) If you just want a copy of it, rip it to an iso (or other image format). Then you can just burn as many copies as you want. There are multiple things that could trip up the OS into mis-judging the size.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 2nd, 2011, 09:03 AM
DVD fab maybe?

Also the Yahoo thing has nothing to do with infection. It is an issue on Yahoo's end. Has she changed her password to a very stringent variety? Has she checked her account settings to make sure there is not a different "account email" listed to be notified when the password is changed?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
DVD fab maybe?
Has she checked her account settings to make sure there is not a different "account email" listed to be notified when the password is changed?

That I haven't checked.. that's one idea I haven't thought of.
I will have her do that later on this evening.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
DVD fab maybe?

Also the Yahoo thing has nothing to do with infection. It is an issue on Yahoo's end. Has she changed her password to a very stringent variety? Has she checked her account settings to make sure there is not a different "account email" listed to be notified when the password is changed?

Is DVD fab a freebie? I know I can look into other resources... but freeware suites me fine if it will do the job.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 2nd, 2011, 02:02 PM
DVD Fab will rip a DVD to an iso and it does have a free version (rip only after time-out of demo). If you have Win 7, then it has native support to burn an iso to disc.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 3rd, 2011, 06:17 AM
Cool, thats sounds like a plan to me, I have win 7... I will give it a shot later on this evening :)

Thanks, Guys!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==