PDA

View Full Version : Bought me a new Truck!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM
My daily driver for about 2 years has been a 2006 Ranger, that I actually bought for my Mom initially so she could have something with an Automatic, and she didn't like it - didn't like anything about it. Wound up buying a new Jeep Grand Cherokee last year that she mostly drives, and I drive to the grocery store (we've only put about 2000 miles on it since June).

Anyway, I came across this truck - it's a 2004 Toyota Tundra, base model basically - vinyl floors, roll-up windows w/ a V6 and 5-sp Manual - love it to death. It's just "me".

Wound up getting a pretty good deal on it too - dealer had it for 10,800, and I ended up getting it for about 8000, plus got a fair price for my trade too - the local Toyota dealership did me right I think. Funny thing is, the lady that sold me the Tundra today, sold me the Ranger (at another dealership).

Haven't taken any pics yet, but here is the dealers listing as long as it's still up:

http://florencetoyota.com/Preowned-Inventory/2004_Toyota_Tundra_Florence_5TBJN32194S442798.aspx

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 8th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Cool Jayson, Toyota makes a good truck, cant go wrong with that one, im sure so long as your happy driving it, it will take you as far as you are willing to go.

Thats a long bed to right? You have plenty of room for hauing:)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 8th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah man - I like it a lot - it just "fits" me. And yeah, it's a long bed (8ft). I need to get me a toolbox for it too.

LA_MERC_Spark
April 8th, 2011, 10:03 PM
SWEET! Just bought me a new one too.. 09 F-150

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Well while were on the subject.... here is my new ride, bought it new back in august, it now has about 8000 miles on it :)

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/yellowdog02/IMG_8123.jpg

And yes thats a load.... with a 16 foot trail, 40 hp tractor, bails of hay and a Honda 420 in the bed... She pulls it like its not even back there

2010 Toyota Tundra
5.7 liter
381 HP
400 Ft Lbs of torque

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 9th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Btw - thought of you today...there was a guy at the farmers market flower show with a bunch of John Deere stuff. Bought me a hat and t-shirt.
And yeah your Tundra is sweet...did you ever sell your Sonoma?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 9th, 2011, 08:26 PM
yep its sold :)

LA_MERC_goose
April 10th, 2011, 07:50 PM
How are you liking the extended - cab doors? When I was looking at trucks I drove a 2010 Silverado with the extended cap doors ... didn't like it at all. Then again I've got two kids that I have jumping in and out all the time. That could make a difference ... I got the crew cab instead.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 10th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Well, on the tundra the doors open like regular doors, and to be honest I think there's as much room in their double cab "thats what they call it" then the previous body style tundras crew cab. Now their crewmax has a stupid amount of room, but you loose so much of the bed, this is why I went with the 2xcab.

LA_MERC_goose
April 11th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I've got the nubbed bed, but I needed the leg room in the back seat.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==