PDA

View Full Version : ie9....Who haz it?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 16th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I downloaded it at work and have been playing around a lot. The html5 apps avail are fun. One site that has them is 10k apart (http://10k.aneventapart.com/). All apps are 10k or smaller.

ie9 also seems fast as hell to me, but I am often lacking in sleep so who knows.

Check it out.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
March 16th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Chrome is my main browser (love the native bookmark syncing), but being a developer I use IE a good bit. I updated yesterday to IE9 on a couple machines and I like. You have to use the Live Toolbar to get bookmark syncing, but I'm pretty amazed at how good it is. I guess that's partly due to low expectations. All I can say is that competition is a good thing.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I feel it screams compared to firefox 4. Plus being able to drad links into taskbar that integrate is sweet. I have a few management and admin portals that I use. It is lightning to launch them now.

LA_MERC_Spark
March 16th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't put myself through that shit.. Our stupid ass Deltek software is IE only trash... not only that.. it is only IE7.. IE8 in compatibility mode.. and the XSS filter breaks project reporting. Not looking to rock that crappy boat any more than I have to. Chrome is my main deal.. I like it.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==