PDA

View Full Version : My work website.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM
So the website was based off of a template (http://www.empireoffice.net) one of the owners bought over 1 yr ago. It had ZERO real content and lacked any functionality. I have picked up the ball as of Monday and sort of ran with it. I changed the colors, layout, killed some of the "pretty" effects, and started adding pages and useful links.

What I want is some feed back. I want to know where and what looks a little off. Maybe a menu or a weird page. I want it user friendly and yet an useful source of knowledge. Critique away guys. Also Onji I might hit you up for some forum pointers. They might implement a forums.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 25th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hum, well first impression, to much white background and black script. If this is the main site it appears very wordy right off the bat. Maybe create area that expands to tell the customer about the featured products as they arrow over an Item of interest. Keep the pages cleaner, less Chapter looking, but still hold the same content.

Just rattling off.. I dont know if this helps.

LA_MERC_goose
August 26th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Links work
Content is readable
Pictures are clear
It's easy to follow and find (what looking and finding I did)
Things move, headers differ ...

Doesn't look like a cookie cutter site made over the weekend ... I'm good with it.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 26th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Welll I think it sucks!... Rook you just need to delete it and start all over again... :P

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 30th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Added some more links along the right hand side. Also made up some forms to fill out and submit by email. My question would be, Is there a way to have an email form that doesn't require the person to have an email handler installed to mail it to us. Can I code something out that would just auto mail it when they hit submit?

I also have been screwing around with java scripting the mouse-over text boxes and fail at it miserably. Okay not completely fail, but I fail at the layout trying to get the text boxes to always show on top of all images. It hides behind the image to the right of the image you hover over. Annoying to me for sure. Any ideas on how to tell it to always present on top of all?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==