PDA

View Full Version : Command line auto emailer!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 6th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I had this question of running a batch file to email me when my backups completed. So after every back up I would get an email saying the backup completed.
My back up program creates a log file and I also wanted to include that into the email so I could see potential errors. Here is what I have found so far.

http://lifehacker.com/168156/geek-to-live--automatically-email-yourself-file-backups

Seems pretty straight forward and seems like it will work perfectly.

So my question is there any other methods someone may already use?
also I thought if you needed this as a solution, here it is.

Thanks

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Before i even hit the link, I was thinking "Oughta use Blat." Nice to see that's what they linked to.

I've been using it for a number of years (I still use the 2002 version), and it's never let me down. I run it from batch files and Wscripts, and am able to attach whatever the heck I want to to it. It's prolly the best you'll find for what you want.

If you're interested in the older and smaller version (the actual executable's only 36k) that I use, I've attached the entire archive for it.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Before i even hit the link, I was thinking "Oughta use Blat." Nice to see that's what they linked to.

I've been using it for a number of years (I still use the 2002 version), and it's never let me down. I run it from batch files and Wscripts, and am able to attach whatever the heck I want to to it. It's prolly the best you'll find for what you want.

If you're interested in the older and smaller version (the actual executable's only 36k) that I use, I've attached the entire archive for it.

Thanks and downloaded. :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==