PDA

View Full Version : Need help guys

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 13th, 2010, 06:53 AM
ok not sure how to explain it. Ok I'm looking for the thing that tells you whats running on your start up thing. I want to see if there is anything running that shouldn't be..

Every time I look on the internet this thing pops up from "Powered by (can't remember that the last word is) Anyway I have ran my scan from Norton and nothing there so I want to see if there is anything on my start up whatever it is that I can turn off.

Anyway I hope ya'll know what it is I'm looking for cause I have no clue what its called...

LA_MERC_Onji
July 13th, 2010, 08:04 AM
If you are on XP or Vista, click Start-->run-->type in MSCONFIG and hit enter
Click on the startup tab and uncheck what you dont want to start when your pc boots.

If you are on Windows7 click the circle icon on the bottom left, and in the bar at the bottom type in MSCONFIG and hit enter, goto the startup tab and uncheck what you dont want to start when your pc boots.

It sounds like you are infected with something, and If norton didnt find anything, I would suggest giving MSE a shot: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 13th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Yea, security essentials works well, and its free,,, that more than you can say for Nortons.

LA_MERC_FragFood
July 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Unless you're familiar with what you're looking at, I would personally advise against running MSConfig and randomly unchecking things. Can you write down the exact message that you're getting? Otherwise we're all kinda shooting in the dark.

Normal for most guys, but hey...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==