PDA

View Full Version : books

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 3rd, 2010, 08:44 AM
ok I know Women and men have different taste in books but was just wondering what your all time favorite books are...

LA_MERC_Spark
April 3rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
enders game .... hitchhikers guide... just finished the star wars admiral thrawn trilogy... it was pretty cool

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
April 3rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
just finished Lamb- It was a very different although funny read.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 3rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Lamb..?

Wayne reads books that are something kinda like lord of the rings. He has about 4 sets of them each set has about 10 books...

I love a good killer book they trying to find the killer... I also like scary books.. BUT As of last year tho I can't seem to read anything that dosen't have Vampires in it.. lol.. Yes I've read the twilight books 3 times, Nora Roberts has some vamp books that was to die for, now I'm on the Vampire Diaries book. Wanting to get the True blood books next!!

We buy all our books so we could really make our 4th bed room a Library! lol..

LA_MERC_Shadow
April 4th, 2010, 12:03 PM
You could always read the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. I enjoyed it.

My faves are the Ender series, the Dunes series (the original, not the son's stuff) and Stephen King's Dark Tower Series).

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I almost picked up one of Anne Rices Vamp books but wasn't sure about it. I don't know to many people that has read her books. Everyone I talked to says Pride and Prejudice was good but I don't know.
I have a Stephen Kings book but haven't read it yet. It's called The Talisman. If anyone has read it let me know...
Some of the first books I've owned I loved they are put out by Anne Frasier.. Hush (not like the movie), Sleep Tight, Play Dead, Pale Immortal & Garden of Darkness, and Before I wake.

I guess you can say I like the dark, twisted but yet romantic stuff lol..

LA_MERC_Shadow
April 5th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I personally like most of King's stuff. I like the way he describes in detail using almost every sense contiuously. The Talisman was good. It ties into the dark tower series.....well actually Kings tied almost ALL his books into the dark tower series. If you like dark stuff you'll like him. Just be prepared for some long books, but they go by quick.

LA_MERC_Tugboats
April 5th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I like almost all of the Patricia Cromwell books

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM
DL: For the murder/who-done-it type books - Jeffery Deaver, John Sandford, James Patterson. I would also say to get a book by Vince Flynn - His main character is a total bad-a$$ and goes and hunts down bad-guys all over the world. I have all of his books as well as the others mentioned.

For something different, Clive Cussler has a huge set of books (we'll, it's broken into 3 different sets now) with many recurring characters. All his books take place at sea, for the most part, or have some link to the ocean. He's a serious under-water adventurer and was the guy who found the Hunley (Civil War submarine).

I've got a ton of books besides the ones above. Thomas Harris (whose main character is Hannibal Lecter), AW Mykel writes good stuff, Dale Brown writes adventure stuff but from the Air Force point of view...etc etc etc

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 5th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I'll have to look that one up.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Tech I think I mite have a James Patterson book. I'll have to look and see..

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 5th, 2010, 03:08 PM
ok thought I had James Patterson but I don't.. Seems like I had one..

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM
He's got a main character Alex Cross...follows him through a lot of stuff. Worth looking into if nothing else!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
April 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I read teh Foot book the other night, and Brown Cow, and One fish, two fish. THen I did some lite reading of a ICNDprt1 book.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 5th, 2010, 06:44 PM
ICND? huh..

LA_Exile
April 18th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Dark elf trilogy and icewind dale trilogy by far the best i've read

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 18th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Jr.. Does Wayne know about those? If not let him know. He loves those type books and has a lot of them.

LA_Exile
April 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM
ya he's read them already

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 19th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Oh thats those books... ok

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 20th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Historical Biography's for me. I'm reading yet another on Wellington... When I read fiction it's generally something like a Clancy novel.

the noxious
April 20th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Salvatore's Dark Elf Series. ALL OF THEM.
Some of my favorite authors: R.A. Salvatore, Neil Gaiman, George R R Martin, Tom Clancy, Orson Scott Card, Tolkien.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 20th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Nice sig... :/

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==