PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes and Avatar

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 28th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Saw both of these over the weekend.

Sherlock:
The story is pretty well done, the acting is well done (although I never imagined Holmes as a fighter...more of a thinker), some very funny parts. Worth seeing, but not a movie I'm going to rush out to buy when it comes out. Why? I don't know actually. I mean, as I've said, it was a good movie...but it wasn't anything stellar. It had the same feel that a lot of movies have had lately...predictable and not exceptional. Overall: B+

1 Sentence Synopsis: Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson solve a mystery.

Ok, I saw this one in 3d yesterday and went into it expecting great things. Most of the reviews I had read were favorable and talked about this movie as if it were the next big thing that was sure to top the charts (I'm sure it will, too). The movie has amazing graphics...that's not really something I can dispute. It was really REALLY well done as far as the graphics are concerned. Unfortunately, that's all there is to this movie. There are no characters worth getting attached to. There is no story line that draws you in and hold on to you. There is no intensity that has you sitting on the edge of your seat. Overall: B (and that's only because of the graphics)

1 Sentence Synopsis: Watch Ferngully and Dances With Wolves and you've seen this movie (granted, with graphics and effect that aren't nearly as well done).

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM
hummm.. thanks for the write ups, although I had not intended to go see either of these movies. I know for certain I will not go see them now. Maybe when their out on On demand, or maybe Bittorent :)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
December 28th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Same here. I thought about going to Sherlock Holmes just because I am a Downey Jr. fan.

LA_MERC_Spark
January 2nd, 2010, 08:00 PM
I saw Avatar IMAX style today. I liked it. Glasses suck bawls.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 5th, 2010, 07:23 AM
http://fronzel.com/images/james-camerons-pocohontas-err-avatar-16167-1262575848-25.jpg

This sums it up too...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 5th, 2010, 10:21 AM
LMAO!!

WOW if its that easy to make a Great new and awesome move thats like the best of the best of the best, then I need to go to library rent out Dr Seus and get to work!!

All I got to do is insert a few names, change the name from WhoVille to Archimitilantis or something like that, and I got a spin off of what happened to Atlantis after it sunk...

WOW!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 5th, 2010, 11:03 AM
YD, I would go see that 5 times...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 5th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hey Tech,
I got another great idea you can be my co-author since you got that creative writing thing down...

Man together we could make Millions!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==