PDA

View Full Version : Server

SnAkEbItE
September 30th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Hey I have a favor to ask. I'm trying to set up a server and possibly start my own clan for training purpose for us noobs and if we ever get good enough then possibly go live with it. But any way I was just wondering if some people could try it out for me and see if it works.

ip is 192.168.1.101:27015

Thanks.. Let me know please how it handles.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
September 30th, 2002, 01:25 PM
that is a local network IP address and noone outside of your house can get to that machine...LOL

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
September 30th, 2002, 02:12 PM
I thought it was a joke at first.. :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 30th, 2002, 02:16 PM
hahahahaha...thats funny

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 30th, 2002, 02:28 PM
b00ns be nice.....I would never know about local IP crap.
How about you help him with it f00s??

Scott

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
September 30th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Big Brother, We'll let you help him.. :) .. Evidently, he's using a Linksys router so all you have to do is go into the router gui and click on the status tab and get the wan ip address. That will be his current "real world" ip addres and then next you port forward the external tcp/udp port of 27015 through the routers proxy to the ip address of 192.168.1.101 that should be it :)

Make sure that you give out the "real world" ip address as the connecting IP:27015

-FA- Th|3f
September 30th, 2002, 03:01 PM
w00t get on umm Scott

LA_MERC_Onji
September 30th, 2002, 03:05 PM
easy way to get your ip

www.whatismyip.com

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
September 30th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Don't click that link, it installs a trojan on your computer.

LA_MERC_Onji
September 30th, 2002, 03:08 PM
lol punk :laugh: does not

-FA- Th|3f
September 30th, 2002, 03:23 PM
w00t mine ist the same number all the way across *** no peeking Blake

SnAkEbItE
September 30th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Ok yeah I know that is a local ip but when I connect through my game it works fine for me. I'll get the real ip and get back with you all thanks for the help.

SnAkEbItE
September 30th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Ok I had a brain fart form the late hours I guess I knew that I don't know what I was doing anyway here is the valid ip. I will have to look into get a static if I get enough interest.

Again thanks for the kindness and help.

Lt.Dan
September 30th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Easy way to get your ip ,is just type winipcfg in your command prompt for windows, which means go to start, then run, then type winipcfg, or are we talking about something else and I should just be quiet:)

-FA- Th|3f
September 30th, 2002, 07:22 PM
ok i am going to help him with this clan if anyone wants infor email me at

[email protected]
and we will got from there

SnAkEbItE
September 30th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Yeah you can email him or me if your a beginer and want to learn with us. This won't really be a formal clan persay just for noobs to get togher and practice. I don't really want experienced guy's on wasting us left and right. I'm not going to stop anyone from playing just asking that we be given a chance to catch up with some of you in skill. I myself love to play against better players because that challenges me. However some players get really mad and even ticked so here is a chance for them to grow. You could consider us a wadeing pool before jumping into the deep end.

And please no snide remarks. Let's all be mature about this. Thanks to all you Merc's that I have played against you have really helped me hone my skills. There has even been a time or two that I have gotten the better of you be it a off time or I was just lucky. Again thanks and I will still be playing here every chance I get.

Again thanks..

Maximus
October 1st, 2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Lt.Dan
Easy way to get your ip ,is just type winipcfg in your command prompt for windows, which means go to start, then run, then type winipcfg, or are we talking about something else and I should just be quiet:)

Only one little problem MR. DAN...He's using a router...I thought youd'a learned something at this LAN party we had with Travis! BAD DONG! BAD! BAD!!!

:bigfart :stick

SnAkEbItE
October 1st, 2002, 01:18 AM
Ohh I know that I will still play on here and other servers but I am just saying that sometimes it get's old getting wiped out round after round and never getting a kill. How do you really learn then? Sometimes the playing field is a little lop sided. I'm not wineing about stacking just that sometimes do to luck of auto select the sides get a little lop sided. If it's all noob players it's hard for us or them to learn when all they do is die round after round. There is no simple answer other than time and practice. I just thought it might be a deal for them and me to practice and get our skills up some. Never to replace or even try to the quailty that exist here or on other servers. I hope I'm being clear on this sometimes I don't do so well at it.

Lt.Dan
October 1st, 2002, 01:27 AM
Yeah, well at least I dont fry mother boards you nazi. Green light means on, no light means off. Green light on does not mean put your hands inside and rub them all over until you see and smell smoke. So Bah, and dont get mad cuz you started it. And if the router is to complexe for him then just dont use it. Just have a CISCO 3660 DUAL 10/100 E 6-SLOT MODULAR ROUTER-DC put in your house, only 3,000. Have a T1 line run into your house, only about 1,000,000, oh and I would hire about 2 inhouse techs and a full time admin, but thats just me.
As a server I would us a Rack Case: 9416 4U

Dimension: 19"(W)x 26.4"(D) x 7"(H)
Cooling: 5 x 80mm ball-bearing fans
Power Supply: 450W ATX/HOT SWAP
PCI Extension: 7 Full height and length slots
Air Filter: Removable and washable
Controls: Power on/off and system reset
Drive Bay: 16x hot-swap drive bays for IDE or 15x hot-swap drive bays for SCA plus 2x5.25" . 1 x 5.25" slim CD-ROM + 1 x 3.5" slim FDD bays
CPU: Two (2) Intel PIII 1.26GHZ CPU's
Motherboard: Super-Micro P3TDE6-G
Hard Drives: Fifteen (15) Seagate Barracuda 73GB 10K U160 SCSI
FDD/CDROM: 1.44MB Slim Floppy + Slim CDROM
Memory: 512MB ECC SDRAM
RAID Card: Adaptec 2100S U160 with 128MB RAM

Price $16,390.00

Lt.Dan
October 1st, 2002, 01:31 AM
my last post was to mow mow and not snakebit, hehe

Lt.Dan
October 1st, 2002, 01:39 AM
Oh and by the way, I would like to see some more ideas on servers. How high can you find them.

-FA- Th|3f
October 1st, 2002, 06:00 AM
look we just want to have like a pratice server thing like he said it is not really i big deal i mean we bopth want to join g0ds or MERC but i am 16 and we both have to wait 2 months to tryout again for g0ds so this is a chance to atleast try some new stuff and get better hopefully

SnAkEbItE
October 1st, 2002, 10:33 AM
Yes it's a totaly selfish thing you know we want to be come as you say elite? I was telling my wife the other night I can remember back about 10 years ago I was elite and it was good.....wanna get it back.......

SnAkEbItE
October 1st, 2002, 12:04 PM
That was a good one except I wasn't married back then I was a phreaker and had the hookup...now I'm just married with kids liveing the American Dream... I'm not talking about Dusty Rhodes either....

Lt.Dan
October 1st, 2002, 05:08 PM
Hey,hey, fighting is not the answer. You guys should talk this out. If anyone is looking for a nice place to talk, just let me know. My family has a 12,000 acre ranch. We can all go out there and talk about freedom and speech until someone is blue in the face. Oh and you can yell all you want, you can even scream, no one will hear you for miles. Who knows, by the end of the day one of us will probably feel better. I know I would. hehehe

Maximus
October 1st, 2002, 05:19 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, LT.DAN EVERYBODY! *Applause* You COULD get one of those Alienware computers over at Best Buy for a mere 19Gs. It's got Dual P4s in it, plus a BOOTANG load of other features! Stop in and check it out! Your 12,000 acre ranch smells like rotten cheese and has Commie Nazis running all over it...

Lt.Dan
October 1st, 2002, 05:27 PM
what are you talking about, never mind i dont want to know. I dont know you anymore. :)

Lt.Dan
October 1st, 2002, 05:39 PM
and matt stop calling me lt.dan, it gives me the creeps. You know my name, it's Gary.....Gary sinsie. And those are not Nazis running around my ranch. There smurfs, but they are blood thirsty I tell you man. Don’t trust them, no matter how many bottle caps they offer you. Also don't let them feed you, refuse the mountain oysters at all cost's. They will try to get inside your head, literally. The one with the white beard left teeth makes on my lobs man.

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 1st, 2002, 07:50 PM
Hmmmm ranch eh? How's the um wildlife? Is it coming right for us?

SnAkEbItE
October 1st, 2002, 11:22 PM
Would that be the "Mustang Ranch"?

Lt.Dan
October 2nd, 2002, 12:59 AM
no nO its a chicken ranch. like the one's outside of las vegas. if you know what i mean, eh, eh , you dont, you do, you dont, you do, thats ok , not a big deal, I should be a boat, is it hot in here, yes you have a question, you do, you don't thats cool, ahahahahahahaha

Maximus
October 2nd, 2002, 01:46 AM
Oh geez...There he goes...Ya'll please excuse poor GARY SINSIE...He no longer knows how to spell his last name, and his chickens have no heads on his ranch...MY ranch though, near Tyler, has PLENTY of wildlife and can kick GARY'S headless mutant Nazi chickens butts!

P.S. They're coming right for YOU!

Noxious
October 2nd, 2002, 01:53 AM
oh yah. i got ranch too.
I put it on my salad.
werd.:werd

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==