PDA

View Full Version : war and peace? i should think not.

Fragmonkee
September 25th, 2002, 07:16 PM
well well,
after my last set of posts werent very popular, (even though i thought they were hideously funny), but that is not what i am here to talk about. whilest walking back from chow today, i noticed that 3rd batallion 7th marines were being issued tap gear. tap gear for all those that dont know what it is, is desert issue gear (i.e. helmit covers, desert cammies, and all that good stuff). well then i thought to my self, hmmmmmm thats weird.
while taking notes on the MAL (nevermind it is part of my job) and listening to kc and the sunshine band, my sergeant busted in the door and told us all that we would be going to iraq. we all thought he was kidding, but nonetheless he wasnt.
so i was wondering if i could write letters to someone here giving them the live scoop from the middle east to be posted here. im taking a 35mm camera and ill have access to my field computer. i dont know if i will have internet access, but there is always mail. if anyone would take care of this task for me that would be great.
-pfc laha
united states marine corps

Fragmonkee
September 25th, 2002, 07:52 PM
oh almost forgot:
in case i dont make it back, mrbig85 i am willing you my laptop, so youd better bring flowers to my funeral (or a counterstrike cd) or i am booting you from my will. ill donate it to my dad for a coaster.
all kidding aside i did put you in my will today for ( 1 ) toshiba satellite laptop.

Daedelus
September 25th, 2002, 08:05 PM
yeah from what i hear still working in the govt. they say there going to start the build up of troops now.i guese there at around 55,000 j-dam bombs but that will only last them aprox two weeks so they need some more.and troops are suppossed to be around 50,000 in the region.
but they whant some #'s on our side by getting 250,000 built up.so i believe it will be around christmas when it all hits the fan.but you know U.S.M.C. stands for U SUCKERS MISSED CHRISTMAS. lol And yeah see if you can buy a camcorder or take tons of film with you its great when you get back to show every one stuff you did. I still got my Pictures from Desert storm & desert Shield about a good 100+ pics.
and you can talk to some of the other services and trade pics.I got some really cool pictures from some of the navy pilots. But the main thing is to come back in one peace ok. you and your unit will be in my familys thoughts,and will be looking for news flashes saying hey there fragmonkee.

Big Poppa. Semper-Fi
Sgt. 1St blt 4Th. mar. :tank:

Fragmonkee
September 25th, 2002, 08:16 PM
*stands at parade rest*
good afternoon sgt. the only thing that really bothers me is that privates and pfcs get the medal of honor.(you know what comes with the medal too). i just hope everything goes as planned. thank you sgt for the advice and thinking about me, but ill be ok.

-pfc laha
3rd bn 4th mar supply

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 25th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Take care man. We will be thinking about you and hope that this deployment is short and sweet.

Scott

Noxious
September 25th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Yeah, Be careful, and dont let em catch ya.
Make America Proud man.

could there be a special forum for these pix to be posted. im very interested in seeing whats goin on abroad.

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 26th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Thanks to you and everyone that is serving and has served to defend our country and our intrest abroad.
You are the reason we are the U.S.A.
Good luck and God's speed.

Mike

MRBIG85
September 26th, 2002, 09:27 AM
hey frag here is my adress: Danny Fontenot 1450 strozier RD west monroe LA 71291. hey be carefull and take care Chris.give e'm hell.
snipe a few of them towel heads for me ok.

SnAkEbItE
September 26th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Good luck and God's speed. Make sure you keep it coverd and low to the groud....

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 26th, 2002, 09:36 AM
damn mrbig you live on stozier road? my mom-in-law lives on it too...but a little before your house...in the 500 area...

Fragmonkee
September 26th, 2002, 09:44 AM
hey guys thanks for the support. we are gettin prepared now (which consists of getting stuff from the px, to take with us. i cant take my personal computer (cause it is too rough on it) but ill take my palm pilot to keep me busy. i dont know if you have seen cnn lately, but sadam is building mass bio-chem weapons. i dont know if he is stupid enough to use em, but if he does we are well prepared for it. i still need to take my gas mask to the gas chamber, to see if my canister works properly. but other than that i am good to go.
hey guys at lamerc: do you want to post a section for some pics and such? i have already gotten some of the humvees, light armored vehicles, howitzers, tanks, and all that good stuff. if you want me to ill send em, they are pretty good. i found a good 35mm camera at the px for 150 and im gunna take that to the field with me, give yall the skinny strait from the field.
once again thanks guys ill keep yall in mind, as well as my heart. GAMERS UNITE! lol i am just disappointed i am going to miss the lan, but i guess its part of the job. if yall want any info ill have computer access for the next month before we leave, so if anyone has any questions lemmie know.

-pfc laha
3rd bn 4th marines supply

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 26th, 2002, 10:01 AM
It's not about gamers unite bro...........

IT'S ABOUT AMERICANS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING THE PAIN!!!

Scott

LA_MERC_RiverRat
September 26th, 2002, 10:28 AM
We're all gonjna be thinking about you and all of the other troops over there. I don't know if I will be called or not, but I have my seabag packed and ready to go..

RM3 Fitzgerald, USN

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 26th, 2002, 10:44 AM
yeah frag..i will set up a forum tonite especially for that...just send to me and i will get them posted...

keep safe man....and give ole' saddam a good kick in the nutts for me...

Semper Fidulus or Semper Fi

Fragmonkee
September 26th, 2002, 11:31 AM
LOL,
as many of you have seen the movie behind enemy lines, you would remember the line: "everyone wants to punch a nazi in the face on the beaches of normandy, those days are over, they are long gone." well there is alot of truth to that. i dont think i will be punching a raghead in the face, nonetheless, ill probably be shooting at one. even so it dont matter to me, i got my trusty m16a2 by my side. i am going to get those pics developed so i can send em to yall...heh when you flip through them play "fortunate son" by CCR. lol makes em alot better.

-frag out (kinda funny as that is what you yell when you lob a grenade)

Fragmonkee
September 26th, 2002, 11:33 AM
lol , oh and mercy: its semper fi do or die, gung ho gung ho gung ho!

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 26th, 2002, 11:36 AM
fi is short for fidulus...i think im correct on the spelling...it was shortened to fi several and i mean several years ago...

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 26th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Semper Fidelis is the proper spelling. As you probably know it is Latin for Always Faithful.:nerd

duckman
September 26th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Keep safe fragmonkee and we will pray that its a short stay,and maybe this time maybe sadam will get a cruise missle up the a@@.

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 26th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Dirge
Semper Fidelis is the proper spelling. As you probably know it is Latin for Always Faithful.:nerd

thanks dirge...i couldnt quite remember the correct spelling...

Semper Fidelis

SnAkEbItE
September 26th, 2002, 12:50 PM
I will have you in my prayers as you and the other fighting men and women go into harms way.

John 15:13 Grater love has now one than this, that he would lay down his life for his friends. (NIV)

God Bless each and every one of you.

Fragmonkee
September 26th, 2002, 03:44 PM
*news update*
hey,
today they are issueing the new desert flak jackets (kinda like police body armour, but they wont stop an assault rifle bullet. they can take a 9mm round though). we get these badass ballistic plates to put in em, that can stop a 7.62mm (the one from the notorious AK-47) hey anyone want one?? heheheh i dont know if they will miss a $600 armour plate...
well we have reached threatcon "alpha" which is the highest. we be goin to go get some! can i get an oohrah?

pfc laha
3rd bn 4th marines

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 26th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Oh oh !! ME ME! I would like one!

dunno what I would do with it though...

MRBIG85
September 26th, 2002, 04:35 PM
if you want frag you can scoop up an AK47 and a few clips off one of those towel heads you mow down.:ak47:

Fragmonkee
September 26th, 2002, 04:42 PM
lol a clip is 10 rounds. a magazine is what you put in a rifle

MRBIG85
September 26th, 2002, 04:45 PM
well get me some of those too

Noxious
September 26th, 2002, 05:36 PM
forget the couple thousand rounds, just annihilate em with a couple hundred of the strongest bombs.

Fragmonkee
September 26th, 2002, 06:30 PM
lol,
we cant use bombs cause saddam is pulling into the cities.

Daedelus
September 26th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Hey the key to getting the weapons confiscated back is to break them down and mail the back lol. man lst alot of good stuff when they did the sea bag search on the way home in 91. i'll try and get my scanner hood back up and contact mercy to figure out how to send this many pics.

Lt.Dan
September 26th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Hey if its ak-47's you guys want, iv'e got a few from Iraq. They have never been fired and only droped once. heheheh

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
September 27th, 2002, 02:20 AM
I will stick with my Colt.:D

Fragmonkee
September 27th, 2002, 08:03 AM
woohoo i think i got my hands on a digital camcorder! look out! hehehe ill have to take you on a tour of the 29 palms training facility...there is some good motivating stuff here..specially the marine corps martial arts courses...ill keep you posted on the situation here.

LA_MERC_Yankee
September 27th, 2002, 08:56 AM
I kind of figured that something was/is going to happen sometime soon. One of the charter airline companies I work for has about 20 L-1011 (that's the big plane that carriers about 375 people) has quite a few flights this weekend. Not sure where they are taking the troops but they are moving them.

Best of luck to those of you that get called into action. Don't forget to "Duck and Cover" if it gets too bad.

:iwo

Fragmonkee
September 27th, 2002, 11:36 AM
hey sniper,
that looks like mine! only mine is longer and has burst :)

[g0ds]Apis
September 27th, 2002, 02:25 PM
and burst. :o

MRBIG85
September 27th, 2002, 02:57 PM
ha ha ha that was taken way to far. ha ha ah

Fragmonkee
September 27th, 2002, 03:25 PM
lol...single shot and burst....i only use burst when the situation is overwhelming...hehehhehe

Fragmonkee
September 27th, 2002, 03:27 PM
had Nuclear Bio and Chem training today. it sucked cause we had to put charcoal all over our faces to "simulate decontaminating ourselfs". i need a shower...

MRBIG85
September 27th, 2002, 03:40 PM
sounds like fun

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 27th, 2002, 03:56 PM
w00t better than Andyconda throwing up on you!

Fragmonkee
September 28th, 2002, 07:28 PM
lol

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==