PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Update

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 24th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Well, as I sit here at work. I ponder what events may transpire the next couple of days. While we are getting drenched with rain, I decide to run to Wal-Mart at lunch to pick up dog food and other items I need around the house. Wal-Mart was packed with paranoid housewives and old people buying candles, water, etc. After waiting forever in line, I get back to my office to find a stack of sand bags about 3 feet in front of the door. w00t For those of you who don't know, Tropical Storm Isiadore is in the south central gulf on the exact longitude New Orleans is. The storm is moving NNW at 9 mph. The current track puts it on land at Morgan City, LA (60 miles from New Orleans) sometime Thursday morning. That means New Orleans is on the strong side of the storm. By the time it makes landfall, the storm is expected to strengthen to a category one or two hurricane, packing winds of 90-115 mph with torrential rains and a 7-10 foot storm surge. w00t

For those of you who don't know, New Orleans is at average 10 feet below sea level! Also fun is the fact I am required for work to be able to return to the area immediately after the storm. This means I can't go far. I'm probably going to stay at home or go to the nearest BellSouth bomb shelter( er. office).

Oh well, I know it's a lot to read, but I thought I'd let ya know. I'll take pics if anything cool happens.

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 24th, 2002, 01:24 PM
be carefully Robby...dont do anything to stupid, okay?

i have family down in Burwick and also in Houma...so I will be keeping up with the news about where it is going to hit...stay dry :D

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 24th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Just thought I'd add that it's 78 degrees and sunny here with a gentle 7mph breeze blowing in from the West. Quite nice.

Scott:p

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 24th, 2002, 01:45 PM
oh shut up....:slp

LA_MERC_RiverRat
September 24th, 2002, 01:47 PM
you tell him mercy! LOL

Crazy White Boy
September 24th, 2002, 01:54 PM
lol, nice here in monroe too (er junction city la)

-FA- Th|3f
September 24th, 2002, 02:57 PM
lol it is raining here in Addis from the edge of the hurricane we have to leave my trailor to go to a hotel so we do not fly away but i doubt this big thing is moving into the air lol, everyone be safe isadore has killed 80 people so far

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 24th, 2002, 02:58 PM
**rumble rumble** What was that Scott **rumble rumble**
The ground seems to be moving???
At least we know whats going to smack us and we can prepare.
:p
:stick (I stole it from Blake)

bighead
September 24th, 2002, 03:11 PM
85 degrees here w/ partly cloudy skies..if there is a slight wind it's b/c i just pooted..oops.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 24th, 2002, 03:14 PM
What this means Robby is you need to get to Pat O's and buy a magnum. All your worries will disappear I promise you. And don't fret to much. I lived in New Orleans for 4 years and went through 2 very strong Hurricanes. Yeah they say that 90 and up mile an hour winds can sweep an average person away, but we're not average. At 6'4" and 230 pounds its going to take a little more of a gust, lol.

-FA- Th|3f
September 24th, 2002, 04:06 PM
lol dude that was mean, ok gusting here and i am about 5'8" 140 lbs so i nee wings to land safly

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 24th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Ruston, LA...nothing to report. Clouds...yeah...rain, not yet. Probably not for a day or so. Freaks at Wal-Mart? Yeah...I saw Joels' truck there. (joke Joel) My folks are in Baton Rouge...so I also will be trying to keep up with some of the stuff.

LaTech

-FA- Th|3f
September 24th, 2002, 04:24 PM
hope they get out safe man i hope my and my comp get out safe lol joking everyone be safe like i said it will be here soon and well kill some dumb people trying to swim in the water lol

IamTylerDurden
September 24th, 2002, 05:14 PM
NASTY HEAD!

IamTylerDurden
September 24th, 2002, 05:14 PM
I FELT THAT BREEZE AT MY DESK... HAD MY MOUTH OPEN AN EVERYTHING... ARGH!

LA_MERC_RiverRat
September 24th, 2002, 06:45 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwww

-FA- Th|3f
September 25th, 2002, 03:47 PM
lol i did the same thing during Andrew, Blake instead of standing straight i was flying holding on to the tree lol jk i was only 8 and i could not go outside but i will be outside tonight in the rain and the wind and crap like that lol hope i do not fly off.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 25th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Okay, got released from work at 3 due to concerns about road closing, bridge closing and flooding. Had 6" water around my truck
Drove through higher than that getting my case of beer before heading home to wait out the storm.

It's still raining.

-FA- Th|3f
September 25th, 2002, 06:09 PM
lol i like the new text in your sig man lol waiting the storma out to

IamTylerDurden
September 25th, 2002, 07:32 PM
ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT DIRGE RISKED LIFE AND LIMB FOR BEER!!

SnAkEbItE
September 25th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Well glad to see we have our priority's in order.

-FA- Th|3f
September 25th, 2002, 09:07 PM
lol thank God that storm did not hit us cuase i get to stay in my house

LA_MERC_Onji
September 26th, 2002, 07:01 AM
comon dirge give us an update, you still out there? :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 26th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Dirge has not checked in yet, I am sitting here in the office in N.O.
it looks pretty good for us, but there are a few bad points of flooding around Metairie, Westbank, and New Orleans.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 26th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Okay, I'm at work. Evidently my ADSL connection went bad last night. Otherwise I was fine at my apartment. My street flooded with about 12-14" of water a few times during the night, but I am none the worse for wear. It seems most of the water has gone down around the city. There are still sections of the Interstate flooded and blocks down the major roads with backed up drains. I made it in to work and am waiting for damage reports. I just heard the city rainfall varied from 16 to 23" of rain for the last two days.

w00t Had plenty of beer for the night. I killed a couple of six packs and some leftover pizza while standing by with my spaghetti-O's!!! Like you said, I KNOW my priorities.

SnAkEbItE
September 26th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Younguns need to get a different hobby....

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 26th, 2002, 10:56 AM
My bad Blake... I'm sorry. I was being a little selfish. Tell you what, when we finish getting one of our vans out of the 8 foot deep lake on the I-10, and Entergy gets the pump power back on in Metairie, so Jefferson Parish can function again, and the several thousand displaced people can finally make it back to their homes...

I'll try to see things from your point of view. :stick :p

P.S. If the mist is bothering you, use some of the Papa John's boxes from SGU as a kind of body armor to protect your delciate self from that awful, vicious mist!

:stick:stick:stick

Crazy White Boy
September 26th, 2002, 12:59 PM
so has the hurricane hit yet, or just rain off of it?

dA nYc pIMp
September 26th, 2002, 01:11 PM
but then where da pizzas?
/stomach growls!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==