PDA

View Full Version : New Hlguard!

Dead
August 23rd, 2002, 12:57 PM
Darren (LA_MERC_Onji)

Updated our HLGuard today at 1:45 CST here are the improvements:

NEW Speedhack Detection (not full detection yet)
NEW Server CVar/Rules (now displays hlgsetting and configs loaded)
NEW Config Variables
NEW Name Violation Config for Auto-Banning/Kicking by Player Name like those wearing cheat tags like [myg0t] and [JAPS]
NEW OGC Detections (via hlg_menu)
NEW More Cheat Detections
NEW Online Documentation
NEW Now Compliant with the New Addon Development Standards
NEW Now Seperate Distributions for Linux (tar.gz) and Windows (zip)
IMPROVED Wallhack Blocking (completely redone with less player flickering and vanishing)
IMPROVED DoD Support (less crashing)
IMPROVED Aimbot Detection (with various bug fixes)
IMPROVED Config Structure
IMPROVED hlguard Setting Use (on/off switches rather than level based)
UPDATED hlg_menu to Reflect Recent HLGuard Changes in this Release and Prior Releases

Thank you very much Darren for updating this.

And for those of you who have been using these cheats well....

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
August 23rd, 2002, 01:26 PM
Deadhorse, He already updated.. hehe.. its hard to beat Onji to an update :)

LA_MERC_Onji
August 23rd, 2002, 02:12 PM
i asked him to post this :)

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
August 23rd, 2002, 02:55 PM
From Valve as of the 8/23

We have updated our security modules again. These security modules should detect most versions of OGC and report detected cheaters to our ban list server.

We're no longer using port 27013 for the ban list. You will now see traffic (in/out) on port 27011. This traffic is to/from the ban list server. Make sure you have this port open in your firewall.

Your Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat servers should update themselves automatically. If you find your servers are suddenly having problems, try restarting them.

We've been investigating the problems some servers have been having after we update the security modules (clients not being able to connect, etc.). We're still working on the problems. If your server has a problem updating to the latest security modules, please send me any details you have (including which OS you're running and your log files during the update) that will help us track down the problem. You can send this information directly to me (mailto:[email protected]).

Dead
August 23rd, 2002, 03:10 PM
Ya b00n read my post it says "Darren (LA_MERC_Onji) Updated our HLGuard today at 1:45 CST" ... I was letting everyone know... sheesh hehehe - waah - and OUCH even.

He didn't have time right then to post about it pppbbbbbbttttt.

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
August 23rd, 2002, 03:14 PM
Excuse me, I misread it. Sorry

Dead
August 23rd, 2002, 03:18 PM
LOL - well if you were doing what your avatar is doing i can understand the reason - bah!

w00t

StratCat
August 23rd, 2002, 04:42 PM
cool deal

StratCat
August 23rd, 2002, 04:42 PM
someone warn bighead lol j/k

bighead
August 23rd, 2002, 04:46 PM
ummm...ok i won't go there :C)

Dead
August 24th, 2002, 10:42 AM
now BH we really need to discuss this Rookie vs. Vet match!

bighead
August 24th, 2002, 10:45 AM
ummm..yea..let's discuss it f00! let's see..you guys got us 2 rounds and then got pwned the rest...that about sound right? i thought so..b00n...but i'll do it again whenever you want too. I always enjoy playing agianst u 2 b00ns

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==