PDA

View Full Version : Dead To Rights

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 20th, 2002, 01:47 AM
Saw a commercial for this tonight and the game play looked GREAT! The screens are a bit jaggy....don't know if the game will look that jaggy...hope not. It looked very clean in the commercial.

Scott

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 20th, 2002, 01:47 AM
next....guess the wolf is your partner. He's in a bunch of the screens and even has a life meter.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 20th, 2002, 01:49 AM
another....

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 20th, 2002, 01:49 AM
last one.....

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 20th, 2002, 01:51 AM
Before anyone jumps me (K-BOMB) It's 1am and I just though this up before going to bed. Here is a cut and paste of what xbox.com has on the game.

Inspired by Hong Kong action movies, classic film noir style and hardboiled detective novels, Dead To Rights stars action noir hero, Jack Slate, a good cop in a bad city, forced to be a fugitive as he fights for his life and searches for his father's killers.

Dead to Rights features more than a dozen game mechanics including diving, rolling, punching, kicking, and lethally disarming enemies in a variety of over-the-top ways. Jack's canine partner (a Husky named Shadow) lives up to the name "man's best friend," helping Jack investigate crime scenes, sniff out bombs, retrieve weapons and attack enemies. Unique game play scenarios, mini-games and stop motion special effects add to the action.

The graphics and characters are given depth and realism on the Xbox platform by employing advanced graphics technology called bump-mapping pixel shading. Additionally, players will feel like they're in a movie theatre with Dolby Digital sound effects and the option of a 16:9 anamorphic wide screen support which gives the look of a movie screen – wide screen with black bars at the top and bottom.

Scott

K-BOMB
August 20th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Nothing jump-worthy here. Good post ;)

Screenies look cool - reminds be of Max Payne, but hopefully better. DTR got decent reviews on the web. The biggest drawbacks they mentioned were some camera problems, a limited hand-to-hand combat engine, and the lack of a jump button (you can jump side-to-side in a slo-mo bullet time sequence, ala Max Payne, but you can't jump on top of cars or over fences, etc). Consensus was that the game was extremely difficult. At a minimum, it should be a good, challenging rental.

BB, if you play it, ley us know what you think...

For all you GC and PS2 fans out there, it should be available for your favorite console in the next few months.

Lexian
August 20th, 2002, 07:02 PM
heh the only interesting thing i saw about this game was it has been in development since before Max Payne, so anyone saying they stole the idea of bullet time from ol' Maxy would be wrong--- they had it 1st...

K-BOMB
August 20th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Actually, "The Matrix" had it first, but who's counting? :)

dA nYc pIMp
August 20th, 2002, 09:05 PM
comment on the last pic i kow its just a game but its not possible to hold a jackhammer with one hand!

Lexian
August 20th, 2002, 11:44 PM
well K i meant in a game and will be more specific next time :P

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 21st, 2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Trigga_Happy
comment on the last pic i kow its just a game but its not possible to hold a jackhammer with one hand!

Not a jackhammer b00n...it's a MARK 3-A2 like the gun icon indicates.

Scott

dA nYc pIMp
August 21st, 2002, 09:17 AM
http://www.civiliangunner.com/images/Jack01.jpg
Pancor Jackhammer Mk3-A2
never doubt the trigga man | |2 n0t b00n 45 00 c4n 533

Lexian
August 21st, 2002, 09:19 AM
so more than PWNED!!!

dA nYc pIMp
August 21st, 2002, 09:19 AM
http://www.civiliangunner.com/images/jackmk1a.gif
http://www.civiliangunner.com/images/Jackmagazine.jpg
http://www.civiliangunner.com/images/Jack02.jpg
http://www.civiliangunner.com/images/Jack03.jpg
http://www.civiliangunner.com/images/Jackmap.jpg
soory but i love this gun

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 21st, 2002, 11:16 AM
That has got to be t5he most ridiculous looking gun I have ever seen.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 21st, 2002, 11:52 AM
Battlestar Galactica baby!!! That's the Cylon's rifle....AM I wrong?>

Scott

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 21st, 2002, 11:56 AM
OK, if that thing has the nickname of jackhammer then fine. But looking at it you could hold it with one hand. What's the weight on it?? It's a sub gun from the looks of the rounds. Post some specs on it.

Scott

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 21st, 2002, 11:57 AM
Cancell that...I just looked closer. It's a freaking shotgun. You might be able to hold it but God help you trying to fire it semi-auto.

Scott

Noxious
August 21st, 2002, 01:04 PM
didnt know it was a real gun. lol
imma n00b.

[[Corvette]]
August 21st, 2002, 02:30 PM
Yep, it's real. Anyone that played the "Delta Force" series of games should be familiar with it. It was nice to run around in a building with one, except I think the darn thing is louder than any alarm you could possibly set off. Sounded like a cannon going off, lol.

Noxious
August 25th, 2002, 12:24 AM
I noticed sumthin on the commercial.
It didnt say "Only on Xbox"

dA nYc pIMp
August 25th, 2002, 11:23 AM
did halo say only on xbox?

Noxious
August 25th, 2002, 02:03 PM
i dunno.
but its being ported to PC.

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 25th, 2002, 02:23 PM
wrong...halo is being put where it rightfully belonged...on the PC...it isnt a port per se, but a total makeover for the pc...cant wait for it to come out...

dA nYc pIMp
August 25th, 2002, 03:03 PM
well guess what its goin to the PS2 baby muahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 25th, 2002, 06:56 PM
A dumbed down version.....PS2 cant support all the graffix that thing cranks out.

Scott :p

Noxious
August 25th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Halo on Xbox?

i wouldnt buy it. FPS's just dont work right on PS2, although most of them own, they arent right.

and Halo cannot be on PS2. it wouldnt be graphically good as BB said.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==