PDA

View Full Version : Cordless Phones?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 12th, 2009, 05:25 PM
OK, does anyone have an opinion on cordless phone options.

What I need = at least a 3 phone setup, 1 for the shop out back, 1 in the bedroom, and 1 in the den... 4 would also work,,, but not necessary.

I'm not sure what phones out their now will actually broadcast worth a crap. I need one that's actually going to ring in the shop that's about 100 feet behind the house.

What's yalls take on the subject?

LA_MERC_FragFood
October 16th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I got a thressome of Panasonics a few years back that'll do that. Separate charging bases for the spares, answering machine in the main base, paging and intercom. Like $99 at WalMart. Model KX-TG5433. Only thing I DON'T like about it is that they all have separate phonebooks, and I would have preferred a shared one. Might or might not be valuable to you.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 17th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I have a set of Unidens (multi-handset) that have worked great for me. 3 Handsets and 1 base. The new ones will let you duplicate the phonebook onto multiple handsets.

Definitely save the receipt... you know, just in case.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM
this is one I ended up going with..

Its a lot like the one you listed Frag

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16876101247

Works great out in the shop... the big thing for me was being able to call Kerry from the shop and vice versa.. for instance she called out to the shop to let me know supper was ready this evening...

I am in my happy place now... and all is good with the world.

cd
October 21st, 2009, 12:22 AM
Tomorrow when I get to looking I can tell you what NOT to get. These phones seemed great, multiple bases, 4 units in all, but take it down into the basement and all you get is static.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 21st, 2009, 11:51 AM
Yea I had a couple of those, I bought a single cordless V tech phone back about 6 months ago that wouldn't connect to the base on the other end of 16 x 80 single wide trailer...

POS!! it was... now its in a land fill somewhere.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==