PDA

View Full Version : Red Rabbit

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 8th, 2002, 09:52 AM
w00t Amazon.com just came through. I be holding my copy of Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy. /me starts to read...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 8th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Good, maybe it will silence j00 f00 for a few days....lol

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Tell me how it is dirge! I can't afford a copy for a while!

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 8th, 2002, 11:29 AM
yeah me either...:(

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Usually around $30 or so.

LaTech

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 8th, 2002, 03:23 PM
I got mine at amazon.com for around $14 + another $5 in shipping! w00t

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Lucky

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Lets put it this way: I once had a roomie who thougth books were a complete waste of trees and time. I gave him Hunt for Red October. He ended up reading ALL the Tom Clancy books that I had within that year. Good books? Heck yeah.

LaTech

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 8th, 2002, 05:47 PM
yep...read all of tom clancys books that he wrote...not the net center whatever crap...

Noxious
August 8th, 2002, 06:25 PM
im a Tom clancy n00b. I just started Patriot Games and i just bought Sum fo All Fears.

And i saw a commercial for Red Rabbit.
Isnt supposed to be Jack Ryans First adventure or sumthin?

fill me in folks, lol.

And are the Rainbow six books any good?
The games are hella kewl, but i havent read the books yet.
Fill me in here too.

Hey blake, if ya want, i can let ya borrow Sum of All Fears.

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 8th, 2002, 06:38 PM
yeah the r6 book is great and they play a major role in The Bear and The Dragon...

though the best book of his so far IMHO is Without Remorse...it tells the story of how John Clark becomes John Clark...dont mess with him...bad to the bone

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Nokidding...that guy, one shotgun shell and a pipe...that's all he needs to make a shotgun...bad to the BONE indeed!

LaTech

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 8th, 2002, 07:35 PM
OMG...you remember that...that was my favorite part...just to sweet man...

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 8th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Hey Blake and Brandon, I have every Clancy book, I will bring some if you want to borrow them and read one. But be wary: Once you read one, you will look down on any unrealistic spy/military movie that comes along. This is not necessarily a bad thing. The books absolutely rock, I was introduced to them in about the same way as La Tech described and I have done the same to a couple of my friends. But stick to Clancy's books... those op center or net things are a waste of time, they're not Clancy books.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 09:11 PM
I, also, have ever book he has written (including some of the non-fiction and OpCenter books). I have all the Jack Ryan etc books in hard back (not including his newest as I don't have it yet!). Why hard back? They are that good. I want to keep them around for a long time to give to my son someday.

MadOne
August 9th, 2002, 10:07 AM
they are really good books, i have read R6 at least 4 times...and i like where Clark put that guy in the decom chamber and blew him up for killing his girl..w00t he rocks. in that one.

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 9th, 2002, 10:22 AM
that was in Without Remorse Mark...you b00n..

MadOne
August 9th, 2002, 10:53 AM
oh yeah..but i was just saying that i liked that part...

Noxious
August 9th, 2002, 03:13 PM
oh well, me n00b, me not know who John Clark is.
Me fan of mr. Ryan. Me saw Clear and Present Danger. me liked. lol

i mightve saw Patriot Games, but i dunno.
Im still in the first parts of the book. When i got to the part where he intervened in on the ambush in London, i was like "Woah Dude". Clancy explains that stuff in detail. Oh Yah, Jack Ryan is a total badazz.

Wat do ya mean Op center isnt Clancy?

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 9th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Op Center is not written by Tom Clancy, he gives direction kind of like a producer for a movie.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 9th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Clark was in Clear and Present Danger. He was the "black ops" guy that was sent down there to get Chavez out along with Jack Ryan. He is also one guy you don't want to mess with (as per the books anyway).

LaTech

Noxious
August 9th, 2002, 04:49 PM
th dude Willem Dafoe played?

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 9th, 2002, 05:17 PM
That is him!! Dafoe played John Clark

Noxious
August 9th, 2002, 06:07 PM
w00t, he was awesome

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 9th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Clark would tear out Jack's heart and eat it while it was still beating. Without Remorse was my first Clancy book, and by far the best. I have yet to find the Bear and the Dragon it's the only one I haven't read yet, excluding the new one.

MadOne
August 13th, 2002, 07:23 AM
The Bear and the Dragon is good. I am reading that one now..good book.

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 13th, 2002, 07:59 AM
I'm about 130 pages into Red Rabbit (it's 600+ long) and it rocks so far.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 13th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Dirge,
Alicia bought the book for me for no real reason. I guess I can read it now!!!

LaTech

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 13th, 2002, 12:48 PM
w00t I'll race ya!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 13th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Dang...me starting with a 160+ page deficit....You're on! Now...where did I put my book?

LaTech

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 26th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Dirge,

Whats the update man! Are you finished with the book yet? As far as I am concerned, this is CLASSIC Tom Clancy...very well written and thought out. As per the norm, it takes a while to get to the story part of the book, but the lead up to the story is important. It weeds out the non-readers frmo the readers.

LaTech

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 26th, 2002, 06:48 AM
D00d This book r0x0rs. The Rabbit is running right now. I got about 180 pages left. I hope to finish it this week supposing I get the time!

It is Classisc Tom Clancy. This book reminds me a lot of the Cardinal of the Kremlin.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 26th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Thats what I was thinking also. I am 500 pages into it or so and IT ROCKS!!!

LaTech

-FA- Th|3f
August 26th, 2002, 11:33 AM
My friend finished it and told me i needed to get it said a lot of mumbling about it but i want to read.

[[Corvette]]
August 26th, 2002, 09:32 PM
When I get a Clancy book, I read it non-stop. Usually stay up all night the night I get it. I'm a pretty fast reader, so I can finish it all in one night. Only bad part of that is then I gotta wait months for the next one to come out. Same way with the "Left Behind" books. I read the first 9 in 2 weeks, and that includes the time when I finished one and had to go buy the next one. I read the latest on the night I bought it. Now I gotta wait months for the next one to come out. Grrrr.

Noxious
August 26th, 2002, 10:07 PM
is Red Rabbit in Paperback yet?
if not, im gettint he hardcover.

im still tryn to get thru Patriot Games.
I love how he ownz0rz the dudes tryin to hold up the heir to the throne in the beginning.
clancy ownz!

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 27th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Bah! I'm a very fast reader, but I have yet to ever find a book that can keep my attention like that. I usually can't go more than 2 hours reading before I get bored and have to change activities. BTW Red Rabbit is almost gone, I have about 20 pages to go. It is a very good book IMHO. It is not nearly as action packed as some of Clancy's other books, in fact there is much less action than normal. However, Clancy takes the opportunity to give a classical analysis of some of the major failings with Communism and a glimpse into the political world of the Soviet Union and the basis for its final demise in the 80's. All in all it is a quality novel which stimulates a little bit of higher thinking. Unfortunately, the climax is rather anti-climactic IMHO.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==