PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Fun :)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
September 5th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Well guys,
Doc and me got into I think its call blue pearl map or something like that and
played for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours last night. It was a lot of fun.
The 1.5 patch doesn't seem to crash. I didn't have any lockups, or random
crash's to desktop. Yaaaaaay!!!

Anyway, it would be nice to have a squad of Merc's running around capping flags
and dominating server's again :)

LA_MERC_Onji
September 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
my whole installation is fubar. i'm wiping it out and starting over today. hope to be in soon

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
September 5th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I tried to get on last night....but my son was sick and required daddy time. I will try again tonight. What time do you all normally get on?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 5th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I will get it patched today. Wife is at work all day and I have the kids. Tonight should be fun.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 5th, 2009, 10:50 AM
We started up about 10 central last night, but hopefully I can start earlier than that tonight. It was a couple good rounds on the map and like YellowDog said, no crashes (knock on wood).

the noxious
September 5th, 2009, 11:07 AM
So I was reading that this new patch fixes some Vista issues. Are any of those issues related to graphics?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I think most of the Vista issues were related to permission and memory access. I'm sure these also directly affect graphics as well. There have been a bunch of driver releases by both ATI and Nvidia, so it doesn't hurt to have the latest. One thing that was a big limitation was that only 2GB of memory could be used before and now that limit goes away. It's now going to be limited by the 32-bit memory address which means you can use just over 3 gb of memory (it's still a 32 bit app).

the noxious
September 6th, 2009, 07:16 PM
well i still cant get much better view distance, but I have all my settings on medium and it runs pretty well now. So I am happy with that, and I'll be back in the game as akratoast, if I could only stop playing WOW.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
September 8th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Get in TS.. I will get in Wednesday night.. See you there.

the noxious
September 8th, 2009, 06:08 PM
dumb question: but whats the TS addy again?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
September 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM
here ya go

209.209.214.5:8767

the noxious
September 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM
could you PM me the password for it? And I never really got TeamSpeak down lol, too used to Ventrilo.

LA_MERC_Onji
September 9th, 2009, 06:52 PM
could you PM me the password for it? And I never really got TeamSpeak down lol, too used to Ventrilo.

server password = letmein

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==