PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Hits The Top 10

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 12th, 2002, 12:40 PM
AND with a negative K:D ratio?!?!

Scott

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 12th, 2002, 12:54 PM
That's what I was complaining about the other day. But, I think I have found the reason: The skill bonus added to the baseline skill consists primarily of the ratio of the victim's skill in proportion to the killer's skill. This is all good and dandy, but the occurrence of this is blown out of proportion. I.e., as a player plays more, the odds are that they will have an opportunity to slay some of the higher ranked players, e.g. Bighead , Apoc, etc. increases. The way psycho stats seems to be written, it takes into account the skill bonus for killing these players as a cumulative effect rather than a proportional one. So while someone MAY kill someone in the tops of the standings, it shows it as a running total rather than showing that it happened only 2% of the time. The way I see it, there are two ways for the psychostat people to correct their error: 1) Dilute the skill bonus by a considerable factor, say a factor of 10 or 2) Adjust the skill bonus to represent a logarithmic function such as they did with the baseline skill number.

I haven't validated this with research, it just seems to make the most sense to me upon a cursory glance. If I am in error, please let me know.

bighead
July 12th, 2002, 01:11 PM
gg mikey....i have to watch out for ya now

Noxious
July 12th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Ok, GJ Mikey.

This is sumthin i observed.
Im not complaining, nor is this a flame post.

But take a look at this:
10 Mikey 1181 1312 0.90 0.47 0 1692

Mine:
31 NoXiOuS 409 355 1.15 0.77 0 1417

Are there some hidden stats, or sumthin im looking over?

good job mikey.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 12th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Refer to my above post Noxious! ^

LA_MERC_Avatar
July 12th, 2002, 02:13 PM
the stats are screwy sometimes noxious....

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 12th, 2002, 02:16 PM
BTW Another observation that goes hand-in-hand with and backs up my "Magic Bullet" Theory: Ever since the new pyscho stats enabled ridicuously high stat numbers, there has been a prevelance of <1 K: D ratios ranked towards the top. Hopefully, they'll correct this problem soon.

}{y|3ri|)
July 15th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Mikey pwns all!

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 15th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Yesterday, I deleted your post before it led to anything else. And for your information, when this thread was started, pipe six was still on the stats page, and Mikey was ranked number 8. That in itself lends as much credence to your arguement/complaint as a skinhead defending Hitler.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==