PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Pre-Order

LA_MERC_DocSparky
June 26th, 2009, 07:23 AM
For those waiting for Windows 7, Microsoft has the OS for pre-order at a pretty significant discount.

From Engadget:

Microsoft just laid out the Windows 7 pricing grid for us, and here's the big takeaway: Vista and XP users will need to pony up $119.99, $199.99, or $219.99 on October 22 to score their Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate upgrade, and those of you who want a full retail disc will need to roll up with $199.99, $299.99, or $319.99 respectively. It's not quite that simple, though: starting tomorrow, June 26, you'll be able to pre-order upgrades at much cheaper prices -- $49.99 for Home Premium and $99.99 for Professional, just as we'd heard -- but pre-orders will be strictly limited in number and are expected to sell out quickly

I ordered a copy of Home Premium for my media center from NewEgg this AM. I'll probably wait on my desktop since Vista Ultimate is working well for me.

For a comparison of versions, check out this page (http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_skus_compare.asp).

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hummm.. So, if I have a Real Xp Pro CD, although I didn't really buy.. it was acquired by falling into my hands... :) ... No I didnt 5 finger discount it.. but I didn't go to Microsoft and say Yes, here is my Name, SS #, birth Cert, first grade report card.

Should I be able to upgrade?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I think so Yellow. I will do a clean install with a full copy when the time arrives. I just never trust upgrades, and I think full installs seem easier to "fix" issues.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
June 26th, 2009, 01:14 PM
We will not know for sure how they will handle all of the installs, but I remember reading that people with XP would be need to do a full install (even with the upgrade CD). If you have a key and a CD (or at least a working and activated install), then you should be good to go. The only ones that will not be able to install the upgrade with likely be the ones that have one of the volume keys that got leaked. BTW, the upgrade will have both 32-bit and 64 bit versions in the box.

I think this is a great deal for $50.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
June 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
What the hell?? I can't understand a blasted word of this thread... ROOK!!! :)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 28th, 2009, 06:38 AM
LMAO. I will get ya copy and type up easy to follow instructions. :stick

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==