PDA

View Full Version : Router issue??

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 25th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I have the Linksys Wireless G Router 2.4 GHz

What seems to be happening it randomly while web browsing, pages start going "server not responding" or " the server cannot be reached" I can power down the router for a few seconds, and things go back to normal. The router has the latest REV. so I'm not sure what could be going on?

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 25th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Is it the WRT54G? I had one had it exhibited the same behavior. I fought it for a time and just not too long ago replaced it.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 25th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Yep I have the same one

Did you go with a different model?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
May 25th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Get the DIR-655...I love it so far.

As far as the Linksys goes....Do you use the wireless?

If not turn it off and see if that helps.

LA_MERC_FragFood
May 25th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Is it the WRT54G? I had one had it exhibited the same behavior. I fought it for a time and just not too long ago replaced it.

Reflash it with DD-WRT (http://www.dd-wrt.com) and you'll find a number of new features and that your wireless probs seem to have disappeared. Had the same issue with my Buffalo wireless router and it solved them all, along with giving me some enterprise grade stuff that it never had. Been running it for over a year with zero problems.

Not for the faint of heart, though, but worth it.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 25th, 2009, 07:42 PM
So this is firmware that the WRT5G will work with... but better?

Does it change the interface dramatically? or is it still similar to what i'm used to using with the Linksys routers?

Oh... and I do use the wireless connection from time to time, but not every day, So I disabled it to see what happens.

LA_MERC_Onji
May 26th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I havent tried dd-wrt. but Ive been using the Tomato firmware on my linksys for over a year now, and its been great http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
FYI Update.

With the wireless turned off I still get the same issues :(

Guess its either upgrade the Firmware or Downgrade the Router to the Version F-13 :)

Onji :(

According to this statement

This will not work on Linksys WRT54G/GS v5 or newer WRT54G/GS routers.

the Tomato will not work.. Mine is version 8

LA_MERC_FragFood
May 26th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I'd looked at the Tomato stuff as well, but it appeared that DD-WRT was being more actively developed, so I went with that.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 26th, 2009, 08:44 PM
FRAG Im back up and running on DD-WRT :)

Right off the bat, LA_merc is loading faster.. i mean seriously, I can tell a difference :)

LA_MERC_Onji
May 27th, 2009, 07:29 AM
FRAG Im back up and running on DD-WRT :)

Right off the bat, LA_merc is loading faster.. i mean seriously, I can tell a difference :)

awesome man

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==