PDA

View Full Version : IPOD Reccomendations..

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 2nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Ok.. Well we are leaving the country next week and now I'm informed my wife wants to take all the music she can with her. And of course Reagan wants a gadget also and since I'm buying, I'll get one too.

So fire away.. I'm open to anything music unit... Video/Music unit.. which ever..

Thanks for the help people...

Oh and I have to fly to Denver on Sunday (with Reagan of course) to meet with a Federal Employee to get my son's Passport quickly. Funny being an American, it's costing me 1600 bucks to fly to Denver, and get a passport to go to Mexico etc. However if I WAS Mexican it would take me all of 6 minutes to get into America sans the Passport... Funny in a sad way.

Thanks!

LA_MERC_DocSparky
April 2nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
I assume that you are open to more than just the iPod brand (and I've good things about the Zune), but I haven't worked with them much.

It breaks down by use patterns. If you want all of your music with you (and you have a LOT of it), then the iPod Classic (120Gb) is for you. If you want a little of everything (music, movies, games, browser /WIFI), then the touch is for you. If you don't need all of the games and stuff, then check out the Nano. Don't touch the new shuffle. It has proprietary headphones that'll cost a mint to replace and no screen.

Personally, I like the idea of the touch (since I have an iPhone that is very similar). There are a lot of iPhone stuff that isn't in the touch, but it's still pretty versatile. You have to be around WIFI to have net access though. Do you have an Apple store in Wichita? You can dress in something sexy and one of the guys there will help you sort it all out.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 2nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Apple Store in Wichita? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH! We don't have a Joe's Crabshack!

LA_MERC_Drax
April 4th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I'd agree here with doc on the touch, its nice to have. And you can load it up with apps, movies, and music (I'm sure Reagen would like that to have to travel with, games and such to do). I believe you can get those up to 32 GB for around 200 or so.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 9th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Bought a Nano to start with pretty easy to use... 600 songs on it.. more to go. Buying one for Marietta today... Thanks all!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==