PDA

View Full Version : TF2 50% off till friday

LA_MERC_Onji
February 25th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Valve has Team Fortress 2 on sale for $10 till friday on steam. This is a steal. Grab it if you have been even remotely considering it. Its a very polished and fun game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 25th, 2009, 07:17 AM
They came out with a new update (http://store.steampowered.com/news/2288/) for the scout class last night. The servers should be full of people, so it's a great to get started with it. I've been playing it more recently and it's a lot of fun.

Thanks for the heads up Onji!

LA_MERC_Drax
February 25th, 2009, 03:51 PM
My game updated, but everytime i try to launch it, it says something like validating game files, then never launches?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 25th, 2009, 03:53 PM
My game updated, but everytime i try to launch it, it says something like validating game files, then never launches?

Obviously you are invalid. :doh:

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 25th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Drax, seems that I've seen this before but it didn't last. It's probably due to the demand on Steam at the moment. Restart Steam and try it again at a different time.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 26th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Drax its not that you, yourself are invalid...

Its just your gaming that's invalid.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 26th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I don't know YellowDog, Drax was terrifying the server last time I played TF2 with him. BTW, the servers are full of scouts since the update. I guess it was to be expected, but it's pretty irritating as well. Especially with the new "Bonk". Oh man, I think I hate that worse than spies. No wait, that's not possible. Anyway, it's a great time to get the "Don't touch the Sandvich" achievement with the Heavy. I was mowing down those turds left and right only interrupted by a baseball to the head or a knife in the back. At least we won that last one Frag.

LA_MERC_Drax
February 26th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I swear i disabled all my hacks...

LA_MERC_Drax
February 27th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Well, i still can't get it to launch, it launches on my laptop, but not my desktop, not sure why?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 27th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Perhaps you could try backing it up from the Laptop (using the backup built into steam) and restore it to your desktop (removing it from the desktop first). Just a thought. Nothing on the steam forums about it?

LA_MERC_Drax
February 27th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Gonna try to delete it and let it redownload

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==