PDA

View Full Version : Need a suggestion or two..

LA_MERC_Wetzny
February 19th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I need a new Laser printer for my office, I would like it also to have a paperless fax component to included in it and wireless if possible with my laptop and desktop.

My laptop is running Vista my Desktop is XP... So I need something which works with both...

I don't want to spend thousands, I just want something which will do primarily black and white copies and not cost me thousands in ink refills.

Most of you here know my learning curve on Technology is a little flat so anything you supply me with as far as insight is appreciated.

Wetz

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 19th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I do not have this particular model of printer, but I have a couple of it's close kin. I have a standard Brother laser at home that works well (couple years). I also have a Brother MFC Print/Copy/Scan laser at work (non-wireless) and it works well. Here is the model with wireless:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113303

Reviews seem very positive as well. Toner is $45 (which isn't too bad).

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I would personally stick with a hardwired networked printer and plug that into your home network. Then access the printer via wireless network. There just seems like there is to much crap to interfere with the wireless component. Plus usually your wireless router will give better range throughout the house. Print from the kitchen...the couch...wherever.

Brothers are good machines for their money and we sell a lot of Brother Laser faxes to small offices. I would stay away from Ricoh/Lanier. We sell Kyocera here also but they are spendy for a home office application.

LA_MERC_Drax
February 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Ok, just did alot of research for this for my mom, shes a court reporter and prints a ton of stuff. If you visit your local office depot, you can find they mark down alot of stuff after its been there awhile. I got her a color laser printer all in 1 for $450(orig $50), its an HP, i also bought her a spare black toner, it was 90, was kinda steep, but thats good for about 4 to 5k pages. They had a smaller one that was only a color laser for $200 marked down from $500. I bought a inkjet brother printer all in 1 for 90 bucks, its wireless also.

To give you better insight, i kinda need to know what all you need it to do I guess. The one that doc linked looks pretty nice. I like the brother printer I have.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==