PDA

View Full Version : Things I've noticed

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 17th, 2008, 07:55 AM
It’s Monday morning and after a hectic weekend I’m getting my boys ready for school, Reagan has a field trip to the Zoo today (As a room dad, I drive and will hangout with them) and Harrison has pictures today, so his surfer hairdo he was sporting got cut over the weekend and he’s all polished up looking like a million dollars. Chances are Harrison will have his eyes closed when the picture is snapped; a big smile by him always results in squinted eyes!!

While running through these morning activities, I heard in the background a brief commentary regarding the recent election. The usual speculative press reaching for some distant metaphor which will illustrate how now things will be different, problems will melt away, the world likes us again, blah, blah, blah. It struck me, I hadn’t been paying attention to the political press recently, instead of our local fish wrap we get the Wall Street Journal at home; hell there are 7 days of papers stacked neatly in the trash bin, untouched. The incessant drone of the TV has been erased by wrestling, finger painting, leaf raking, and tree-stand sitting.

As a conservative I’ve been betrayed by the liberal big spending policies of George W. Bush, now his Presidency is over and I feel relief. I like the President, I respect him for keeping our nation safe since September 11th 2001, I think history will show him to be a better President than the wickedly biased media portray him to be, however you’ll never see his grill on Mount Rushmore. I don’t care for any of what I know of BHO’s big Government mantra, but hey at least he won’t TRY to convince me he’s conservative. McCain’s campaign is over and while the guy, in no uncertain terms is a genuine American Hero, his Maverick message was code for F’ conservatives, love me press!! So if the Democratic Congress fastens tighter regulation on the U.S. economy and financial system, it will likely prolong the crisis and delay the eventual recovery — to its own disadvantage which would have been impossible for a President McCain to prevent, if he had even wanted to.

Now the ball is squarely in the hands of the left, “conservatives” are not governing and the triumvirate of Reid, Pelosi and Obama has the stage all to themselves. Scary yes, but I’ve tuned them out, because history has demonstrated the economic polices of the left don’t work, and a recent example of this would be George W. Bush. Meanwhile I’ll continue to do the “little” things that make my life meaningful.

LA_MERC_Spark
November 17th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I'm just ready for his term to start so we can see exactly what direction we are going to head in. This guy really is an unknown quantity. Good thing is that in 2 years we will have the opportunity to make some changes if things go real bad.

LA_MERC_goose
November 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Too bad it's gonna take two years to start making changes.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
November 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I with you Wetzny. It's nice to have the election behind us. Now I can just take care of me and mine in order to be in the best possible position to ride out this economic downturn. At this point, I would say that I'm comfortable not being either a Dem or Rep. That reminds me that I need to go down to the clerk of court and update my voter registration.

LA_MERC_BS
November 19th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Man you can already see the shock waves from the election. You would think there's a going out of business sale at every gun shop around here. Every gun even remotely considered a candidate for ban is moving like hot cakes. To buy an assault rifle around here, theres a waiting list. I'm not much of a gun guy, but a bunch of guys I work with are. They are all buying up this P90. I forget the round that comes out of this thing, but it looks like a stubby rifle round. Appearently you can get this same rifle round in a pistol. I've got too many other hobbies to pay for to get into the gun thing.

A smart man would have bought a bunch of those things a year ago. I bet you could double your money on them now lol.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM
They jist all skeered of the black man cumin' fer dem.

Move to Montana. You can see them in a crowd for sure. LOL.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
What do you need a Gun for BS?? You got a FREAKING BADGE!!! Go ahead admit it, you're the Mississippi version of Vic Mackey, right?

Man you're right on the gun sales you CAN'T get an Ar-15 ANYWHERE, and you think there's used one's for sale? None....Zip....Nada.... Hell my buddy who manages a local gun department here in town is selling 30k worth of guns and ammo EVERY DAY...

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM
So I should hold off on buying a hunting rifle then? By the time I'm ready and can afford one, it'll be too late!

LA_MERC_Spark
November 20th, 2008, 07:41 AM
dude I went to get my concealed handgun permit the other day and the guy told me it was out of control right now. Said to expect 8 weeks minimum to hear from the state.

LA_MERC_BS
November 20th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah thats crazy. Has Obama even mention a ban on certain guns? I haven't heard him say anything about it. I remember during the Clinton days, everything got banned.

Your right Wetz. When you walk around all day with one stuck to you, your not really thinking about getting another one. Besides, I ordered this guy's vidio. With ninja moves like this, I don't need a gun anymore lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GuigcXvcy1A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GuigcXvcy1A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LA_MERC_goose
November 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Don't go ninja-ing nobody dat don't need ninja-ing

WTF?!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 21st, 2008, 03:22 PM
Ya Jewdi-Chop!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==