PDA

View Full Version : mistake, maybe?

LA_MERC_Sniper
October 22nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
well as a few of you know i missed a BIG BUCK the other day. Well he was seen again in broad daylight tending a doe in the field right next to where I shot at him. I have been sitting there almost every day and probably will until i get him or someone else does lol. I let a really nice one walk tonight. A shooter for sure. he was bigger than 3 of the 5 on my wall. I am kinda kicking myself but i dont wnt to spook the big guy if he were to be behind him. I dont know if i can pass this guy again if he comes out. :nam:

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 22nd, 2008, 07:54 PM
You know how it is... You just have to go with your gut, here the peak rut wont take place till the 15th of November so I try to hunt the pre-rut seeking phase which is still getting cranked up here. The cold weather which came in today should kick it up a notch, as of last night the big bucks were still operating at night, that is of course changing quickly. So if you still have the prime time to go, take your time and wait for the deer you want to take.

Hell I have'nt killed a buck for 5 years, waiting for a real good mature deer is a lonely feeling, but I want my area to have plenty of big deer and they don't get big if you kill 'em young.

Good luck!! and post some pictures....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==