PDA

View Full Version : New Toy...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 11th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Well, I guess most of y'all by now have large Widescreen LCD's, but up until tonight I was getting by with a crappy Westinghouse 17" LCD.

I went into Best Buy tonight and they had this on sale for $189 and I couldn't resist bringing it home :-)

It's a HANNspree HF229H - personally never heard of 'em before tonight, but it has a 5ms response time (I think my old Westinghouse had 12ms) and 3000:1 Contrast ration (My Westinghouse had 500:1) - looks awesome - and since I don't game much anymore I'm sure it'll be fine for my needs.

The wide-screen sure does fill in your peripheral vision - I have dual 19" LCD's at work (2560x1024 total res), and even that doesn't feel quite the same (I guess the seam kills it).

Anyway - thought I'd share - I don't buy new toys often.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Sweet man. I think it looks nice.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Looks great Jayson. Glad you were able to step up to the widescreen LCD, they are nice.

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 11th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Nice! For a minute there I thought it was a lcd tv when i glanced at the pic. I looked at the size of the tv compared to the speakers in the pic and was wtf size did he upgrade to...like a 60 inch or something? Doh, stupid me

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 11th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Yea, that's a pretty nice panel. I picked up one yesterday for work to replace the MASSIVE crt that I was using before Gustav. It died, so I got the sweet 22" hunk of visual happiness. Hopefully the brand will hold up.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
September 12th, 2008, 05:15 AM
I replaced this crt twice under warranty and now that the warranty is out, it wont die! I want an lcd so bad it hurts but I cant justify it when this crt is still working.... Nice lcd tho

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==